Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > SWAT/Police
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introducing SWAT & Law Enforcement re-enacting by A.S.T.C.

:

SWAT/Police

Old October 6th, 2008, 10:16   #1
ASTC Shadow

Send a message via MSN to ASTC Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to ASTC Shadow
Introducing SWAT & Law Enforcement re-enacting by A.S.T.C.

Here, I would like to offer a precise in depth introduction into the world of the Airsoft S.W.A.T. Team Cologne (A.S.T.C.) from germany.

The A.S.T.C. is, since it's foundation, strongly focused on re-enacting LAPD S.W.A.T. forces. Being inspired by fascinating movies and highly accurate articles of well renomated weapon magazines, the team lays down a tremendus effort to accurately target the law enforcement theme. I as the founder, and each of my team members have agreed, during the evolution of the A.S.T.C. throughout the years, to set the timeline borders of our re-enactment within the 90's all the way up to the present. As mentioned earlyer, our all time reverence being the LAPD S.W.A.T. forces themeselves. In addition, we re-enact meanwhile also law enforcement units like NYPD ESU and US Marshal Service.

To begin with, I'd like to clearify a definition of the re-enactment subject.
Re-enacting is mainly understood as reviving historical events, focusing on achieving the possibily hightest grade of detail compared to the orginal. Re-enactment reaches from anccient epochs all the way up to the present.
With this been said, Airsoft however pushes the boundaries of classic re-enactment to the point, where the various possibilities of representation lead to the fact that the actual timeline of re-enactment becomes secondary. Airsoft re-enactors moreover consider themselves as actors with fictitious or real combat gear. In this case, the main focus lays on representing past or current Units. This is what we call hobby-like re-enactment. Whilst in a scenario, we try to dive into the realism that we've re-created and try to hand down this experience to the people around us.
In this manner, re-enactment is more to be seen and defined as "acting" itself, then a demonstration of historical events. It is not only about "telling" a story but also about getting the "experience" out of it, be it real or superficial. We are also aware, that this behavior might be understood or seen as some form of posing.

Today, the big part of the real S.W.A.T. unit gear can be shown off with excellent replicas, however, we have to admit that there are still some parts in use, that are either extremely expensive, extremely rare or simply way too time consuming. Also, being a medium sized team, we encounter that it is also very difficult to come up with exactly the same gear requirements for each member.
Re-enactment projects are also accompanied by the need of a tremendous budget. The A.S.T.C. rounds up the needed enthusiasts that are ready to take these costs into account to realize this project. Speaking of it, this probably also is the reason for our age quota being above 30 years, with a few exceptions. Nevertheless, this might be the reason for our authentic representation and credibility.

Due to this, we continuously receive request from professional photo and movie industries, highly appreciating our equipment and knowledge.

Meanwhile our pictures can be found almost everywhere on T-shirts, posters, web-sites and on title covers of known airsoft magazines worldwide.
You'll find them on MilPictures.com and Action-Poster.com!

Many projects still line up in the future and hopefully, we will be able to let other people have a look into the exciting world of Special Wepons And Tactics.

Thoughtlessness is the characteristic feature of the youth,
deliberation that of the age
and care is the better part of the bravery.
ASTC Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:34   #2
Donster

Guten Tag und Herzlich willkommen. Sie alles schauen sehr cool. Wie ist Airsoft im Deutschland? Haben sie besonder Gesetz fur Ihr Gewehrs? Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut. Ich bin im mein Schule Deutsch lernen. Konnen sie Ihr antwort in English ubersetzen?
Tut mir leid fur Versehen.

by the way, how was my german?

Last edited by Donster; October 6th, 2008 at 13:32..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:15   #3
Wilson

You guys look bloody fantastic! Leave it to the Germans to look the most badass in gear.
Old October 6th, 2008, 12:41   #4
ASTC Shadow

Send a message via MSN to ASTC Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to ASTC Shadow
Thank's for the flowers like the german said. Airsoft in Germany is quiet difficult because the legal situation is very strange. This is one of the reasons, why many professional teams are playing in the neighbouring foreign countries.

Btw DONSTER 125 your german language is ok for understandig what you mean. Better than my english I think but I try it to make it better. So for that this is a good training to write here in a english speaking forum.

@ Wilson
Give me a little bit more time and I'll show you our gears and photos in NYPD ESU and USMS.

Thoughtlessness is the characteristic feature of the youth,
deliberation that of the age
and care is the better part of the bravery.
ASTC Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 12:54   #5
T_A_N_K

Can't wait! Lots of pics and closeups please!
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:20   #6
5udhir

cologne?

i don't mean to sound like a fool, but what does cologne mean?? i haven't heard it used in such a way before.
5udhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:37   #7
KEVORKIAN

Here's a few definitions:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&lr...ition&ct=title

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:57   #8
5udhir

oh, so it's a place. thank u very much for that info.
5udhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:11   #9
***shadow***
Banned

Thumbs up

Just fantastic, you rock guy...and girls too nice pics!
***shadow*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 19:00   #10
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Super nice team!

I used to be part of a similar team. We where just not replicating anyone's look, but portrayed a ficticious provincial police force.

Nice to see that we have similar interest. Police teams are rare. Too bad the GITQ is now desmissed.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 19:18   #11
***shadow***
Banned

Wink

C'était vraiment un beau team le GITQ, vraiment efficace, une belle gang...sauf ben qui a l'air confus!!
***shadow*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 19:51   #12
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

5udhir, just so you know, cologne is more commonly used as the name for male perfume, for a lack of better words, but is also a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > SWAT/Police