Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

adjustable stocks and mosfets

:

Accessories Discussion

Old May 5th, 2011, 18:37   #1
mr_nuts31

adjustable stocks and mosfets

I have a MK 12 Mod 0 with a full stock on it and I'm thinking of getting an adjustable stock for it. Problem is that I have the ASCU mosfet installed on it and getting that to fit along with a battery is giving me a headache. So I'm wondering if anyone here have any suggestions for an adjustable stock that can accommodate a mosfet and a battery. As for the battery size, I have a 7.4 lipo and a 11.1 lipo both can fit in a buffer tube if that helps.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 18:54   #2
mrbishi

Whats the dimensions of the fet & lipos?

You should be able to run them in the buffer tube, with a standard m4 stock, you mightnt be able to use the last position but it should be ok.

Otherwise a crane stock should do the trick.
mrbishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 18:22   #3
audi_bhoy

Used to run an ASCU through a normal stock tube and a crane stock, running a 9.6v NiMH nunchuck styled battery that had 4/5A cells or something like that.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 18:30   #4
coach
aka coachster

I think your best bet is to figure out if you can rewire it to front wired. is your hand guard easily removed for access?

worst case senario, figure out if you can run power wires from the stock to the hand guard. install the battery in the buffer tube and run the ACSU in the hand guard. this might be a more complex rewire job though if you're not to savvy with a soldering iron. But first find out if you have space to run the battery wires up to the front. I know in mine, I have a tiny bit of space on either side of the mechbox just above the spring/cylinder.

this is why I run a full stock on my MP5 and the Madbull ACE Skeleton stock (long) with my M4.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 19:13   #5
mr_nuts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
I think your best bet is to figure out if you can rewire it to front wired. is your hand guard easily removed for access?

worst case senario, figure out if you can run power wires from the stock to the hand guard. install the battery in the buffer tube and run the ACSU in the hand guard. this might be a more complex rewire job though if you're not to savvy with a soldering iron. But first find out if you have space to run the battery wires up to the front. I know in mine, I have a tiny bit of space on either side of the mechbox just above the spring/cylinder.

this is why I run a full stock on my MP5 and the Madbull ACE Skeleton stock (long) with my M4.
I was wondering about the Madbull ACE long stock. How good is it compared to a m16 full stock?
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion