AK74m Fire Mode Selector Lever

:

AEG Solutions

Old May 2nd, 2006, 23:56   #1
Myrrlyn

Send a message via MSN to Myrrlyn
AK74m Fire Mode Selector Lever

Just sharing some info on a problem I had with my ICS AK74m

The "fire mode selector lever" became a little loose making it switch from full auto to semi with a bump or bang to the rifle. I tried tightening the switch using the hardware already on the rifle but was unsatisfied with the feel of super death tight steel on steel.

I unassembled it all and placed a rubber washer under the switch and misc hardware right next to the body.

What I got was a fairly stiff, not overly tight selector switch that does it's job and (so far) doesn't scratch the crap out of the body.

Hope someone else finds this useful (or not).
Myrrlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 23:59   #2
freeman

A very good find.I will do this to mine once i receive it.
freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 00:07   #3
LUTNIT

Good to hear since thats the next AEG I plan on getting...thanks
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 13:40   #4
oOMuDOo

Send a message via ICQ to oOMuDOo Send a message via AIM to oOMuDOo Send a message via MSN to oOMuDOo Send a message via Yahoo to oOMuDOo Send a message via Skype™ to oOMuDOo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrrlyn
Just sharing some info on a problem I had with my ICS AK74m

The "fire mode selector lever" became a little loose making it switch from full auto to semi with a bump or bang to the rifle. I tried tightening the switch using the hardware already on the rifle but was unsatisfied with the feel of super death tight steel on steel.

I unassembled it all and placed a rubber washer under the swith and misc hardware right next to the body.

What I got was a fairly stiff, not overly tight selector switch that does it's job and (so far) doesn't scratch the crap out of the body.

Hope someone else finds this useful (or not).
Hey Myrrlyn,

Would you be able to make a small how-to guid.. or post some photos. to give us a hint on how to do the same so we can do this mod as well.

Regards,
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:19   #5
Myrrlyn

Sure...fairly busy right now but I should be able to fing some time for it this week. Mac/Macguyver has a good review as well.
Myrrlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 21:16   #6
Myrrlyn

ya...never got around to the pics part but this is essentially what you want to do.

1- remaoce the plastic screw cover from the selector switch. It will come off try not to pry to hard and break it. Work at it slowly.

2- Unscrew (i believe it is a phillips head) being careful not to drop and/or lose any parts. Select a washer that is small enough to be hidden by the selector switch yet has a hole large enough for your screw. (Yes i realize how funny that sounds you depraved human beings.)

3-re-assamble in reverse order.]

4- Tighten until personal pref. is acheived and presto-chango!

Please not that this is not a 100% fix and you may need to re-tighten on occasion, but its the best I have found yet.
Old November 1st, 2006, 21:40   #7
Dallas

Send a message via MSN to Dallas
I'm thinking that a little minumum strenth lock tight is going to do the job. If i use very little it shouldn't hurt it. farmer fix:P
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 22:24   #8
Coma Black
Would this fix also work on a TM AK with a metal body? I would think so in theory, but how comparible are the cap thingies over the screw?
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:04   #9
Kingsix

I am considering getting a LCT or kingarms AK fire selector to remedy the loose fire selector issue. The main differnce is the screw on the LCT,Kingsarm fireselectors are thumb screws allowing the user to just tighten the screw by hand when it comes loose.

It beats prying the fake cover which usually gets damaged or lost that way. A selector switch of a stronger material can act like a leaf spring by putting tension on the reciever.

All of the above concepts are already built into the realsword line of rifles. I wish other companines would adopt it but change is slow sometimes.

Old March 4th, 2012, 16:19   #10
Armen000

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
I am considering getting a LCT or kingarms AK fire selector to remedy the loose fire selector issue. The main differnce is the screw on the LCT,Kingsarm fireselectors are thumb screws allowing the user to just tighten the screw by hand when it comes loose.

It beats prying the fake cover which usually gets damaged or lost that way. A selector switch of a stronger material can act like a leaf spring by putting tension on the reciever.

All of the above concepts are already built into the realsword line of rifles. I wish other companines would adopt it but change is slow sometimes.
Actually if im not mistaken all AK G&P metal bodies come with a rubber washer glued to the inside of the body where the selector switch connects, it definitely helps but does not solve the above stated problem completely my 2 cents.
Armen000 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions