Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kjw P226 Issues

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 18th, 2015, 16:01   #1
CLundy

Kjw P226 Issues

Hey guys, just wanted to see if some of you would be able to help me out in my troubles with my kjw 226. So I'm not sure if I got a lemon or what but my 226 has terribly bad gas efficiency. On a hot day (25 Celsius) it can only go through a mag if shots are taken with a 3 to 4 second delay in between. The blowback also feels very sluggish and not satisfying.

So my main question is:

Is it worth trying to upgrade my 226, or should I just move on to a better platform?

I went to Mach 1 and they pretty much told me that it would cost a lot to get it performing well. I've heard that perhaps it could be an air nozzle problem and I've also heard that it may be better to try tm mags (as the cool down isn't so bad with them).

Ideally, I would like to get it to the point that I don't really have to worry about gas efficiency (at least for a mags worth) and I want it to have a nice crisp blowback

So what do you guys think?

Thanks
CLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 16:04   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Tokyooooo Maruiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

On a side note, I don't know much about KJW's.. but .. did you clean it well and lube it properly out of the box? Having a clean and well lubed gun makes a world of difference!
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 16:16   #3
CLundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Tokyooooo Maruiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

On a side note, I don't know much about KJW's.. but .. did you clean it well and lube it properly out of the box? Having a clean and well lubed gun makes a world of difference!
I have lubed it quite a few times in the past and done some cleaning but nothing beyond taking the slide off and cleaning and lubing what I can from there
Old June 18th, 2015, 17:07   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
1 mag of BBs for a full metal heavy slide on a KJW P226 sounds about right.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 17:40   #5
wind_comm

TM mags (or a new gas router/top gasket) & piston head upgrade (depending on what yours is/if it seals good). mine shot well with the stock mag and stock internals, maybe yours needs some tlc.
Old June 18th, 2015, 18:59   #6
CLundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_comm View Post
TM mags (or a new gas router/top gasket) & piston head upgrade (depending on what yours is/if it seals good). mine shot well with the stock mag and stock internals, maybe yours needs some tlc.
Do you think it might also be helpful to upgrade the nozzle as well?
Old June 18th, 2015, 19:28   #7
wind_comm

it really depends on how it seals up with the piston head. most nozzles don't really upgrade anything (unless there's a crack in it, in which case it would be a significant upgrade over broken)
Old June 18th, 2015, 20:14   #8
SawBone

You might want to try this mod
How To Improve Gas Efficiency. (last bit of first post)
It seems to help get a better kick from the blowback for some people.
SawBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 22:48   #9
CLundy

Quote:
it really depends on how it seals up with the piston head. most nozzles don't really upgrade anything (unless there's a crack in it, in which case it would be a significant upgrade over broken)
What would you recommend as a good piston head upgrade in that case ?
Old June 19th, 2015, 04:22   #10
wind_comm

everybody's got a hardon for the nineball one (but not the ACM copies). I thought I had the PDI winter one in there, but I went and looked and it's actually the stock red KJ one. it really comes down to whether or not the stars and manufacturing tolerances line up for your nozzle and piston head to seal up good.

if you have another TM/KJ/WE hicapa/1911/M9/G17/226/whatever with the (pre-PX4/XDM) screw-secured piston heads, you can swap and test them to see if you have a seal issue. at that point you could also see if your nozzle is cracked and maybe inspect the rocket valve at the same time.

is it sluggish all the time, or the usual almost-outta-gas business? with GBBs before ordering parts and whatnot, I like to suggest seeing if your green gas/propane bottle is running low. believe me, I've felt like an idiot disassembling a pistol to look for issues when I'm gassing up from an empty propane bottle.
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:58   #11
CLundy

Quote:
everybody's got a hardon for the nineball one (but not the ACM copies). I thought I had the PDI winter one in there, but I went and looked and it's actually the stock red KJ one. it really comes down to whether or not the stars and manufacturing tolerances line up for your nozzle and piston head to seal up good.

if you have another TM/KJ/WE hicapa/1911/M9/G17/226/whatever with the (pre-PX4/XDM) screw-secured piston heads, you can swap and test them to see if you have a seal issue. at that point you could also see if your nozzle is cracked and maybe inspect the rocket valve at the same time.

is it sluggish all the time, or the usual almost-outta-gas business? with GBBs before ordering parts and whatnot, I like to suggest seeing if your green gas/propane bottle is running low. believe me, I've felt like an idiot disassembling a pistol to look for issues when I'm gassing up from an empty propane bottle.
The blowback seems alright usually for the first 4 to 10 shots then it starts to become very sluggish and even the sound begins to change (as most gbbp s do when they're almost out of gas). In that case, do you think it would be better to just move on to a better platform then?
Old June 19th, 2015, 15:44   #12
wind_comm

try a new bottle of gas. for real. probably the easiest and most overlooked diagnostic test when it comes to GBB platforms. if it still has the same symptoms on a completely new bottle of propane, then you can start to suspect internal issues.
Old June 19th, 2015, 16:24   #13
CLundy

Quote:
try a new bottle of gas. for real. probably the easiest and most overlooked diagnostic test when it comes to GBB platforms. if it still has the same symptoms on a completely new bottle of propane, then you can start to suspect internal issues.
Alright I'll try that tonight and see how it goes!
Old June 19th, 2015, 17:29   #14
SuperCriollo

If that fails, try pushing the mags up while firing. If that solves, or aliviates the gas efficiency problems, then you should simply shim the mags. A better sealing piston head also helps.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 19:59   #15
CLundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
If that fails, try pushing the mags up while firing. If that solves, or aliviates the gas efficiency problems, then you should simply shim the mags. A better sealing piston head also helps.
I've tried shimming one of the mags, and I haven't seen too much improvement however I'm not too sure that my job was the best of quality.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion