Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Madbull 40mm nade issues (Updated with pics)

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 29th, 2011, 12:56   #1
VooDooPeteK

Madbull 40mm nade issues (Updated with pics)

OK so this is my first experience with madbull nades and I have to say I am not impressed.

So normally I have used/dealt with KA or similar 40mm nades but I decided to try some of the madbull ones but wish I didn't

Issues: After a few shots with each of them they stopped resetting. I took them apart for cleaning and whatnot but now the trigger pin/button does not fit back into the grenade shell base. This is happening on all 3 that I bought together and think I might just have a bad batch but if anyone has had this problem and knows a fix I am ready to listen.

Thanks

Pete

*** UPDATE ***

Ok so I got a chance to take a few pictures to show that part that I can't seem to get to fit now.

Picture 1 - all the parts from the shell
Picture 2 - The part that will not fit into the bottom shell half
Picture 3 - Where the part is that's where it stops when putting it back in and will not go down any farther

Last edited by VooDooPeteK; June 30th, 2011 at 15:26..
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 13:26   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Are they CO2 or were you using CO2 with them?
CO2 can be hard on grenades, even the ones made for it. I know metal parts inside can deform with use.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 13:46   #3
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
You can try to just loosen the shell from the shell body; unscrew it until it resets then screw it back together. I also pull the shell from the shell body, like I'm trying to pull it apart while I'm uncscrewing it, this seems to work best. Obviously you've had these apart before and you don't need me to tell you not to screw it out too far as the bearings will fall out into the shell...
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 15:56   #4
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Are they CO2 or were you using CO2 with them?
CO2 can be hard on grenades, even the ones made for it. I know metal parts inside can deform with use.
MB CO2 nades will not deform after a few uses. We have plenty used at very high psi on CO2 that don't require a rebuild for many more uses than a few.

OP, which nades are you using? What gas are you using?

Make sure all the bearings are in place. use a bit of silicone grease to hold them. lube the orings and try again.

Resetting madbull nades should be as simple as poking a screwdriver in to the back until you hear a click.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 17:44   #5
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPeteK View Post
OK so this is my first experience with madbull nades and I have to say I am not impressed.

So normally I have used/dealt with KA or similar 40mm nades but I decided to try some of the madbull ones but wish I didn't

Issues: After a few shots with each of them they stopped resetting. I took them apart for cleaning and whatnot but now the trigger pin/button does not fit back into the grenade shell base. This is happening on all 3 that I bought together and think I might just have a bad batch but if anyone has had this problem and knows a fix I am ready to listen.

Thanks

Pete
I have 60x Kings and 60 Cherries the only issue I have with them are teh top oring that keep the bbs in often get blown out at high pressure (650 - 800psi) on CO2, take them apart chances are your bearings (4 of them ) are probably knocked out and if that's the case get some silicone grease and reset them in place some MB nades do have dried up grease which cause the bearings to fall out and therefore it's not possible to reset them. Like coach said these things will not deformed the only one I have that deformed were the top of holes on the the nades but that's after dropping the on gravel several time. some pics might help.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 19:23   #6
VooDooPeteK

they are the Mad Bull 120 rds M922A1 BB Shower

I will try and take some pictures in the morning when I am home from work to show what I mean but its the part that you push in to set grenade off that will not fit back into the base of the grenade.
Old June 29th, 2011, 19:31   #7
coach
aka coachster

are you using CO2 or propane? the M922A1's aren't made for CO2. I mess one up with CO2 at 600psi.

is it stuck or does it just not return all the way to firing position?

anyway, pull it apart and inspect it for flaws or damage. ensure you replace all the bearings and that they stay in place. when resetting, use something with a point that you can insert into the little hole and wiggle it a bit as the spring pushes it.
Old June 29th, 2011, 19:46   #8
VooDooPeteK

Using propane ( I do also have co2 ones that I have been using but with these ones propane)

I pulled them apart and inspected them but can't see anything that would cause the part not to be able to be pushed back into place.
Old June 29th, 2011, 19:51   #9
Jugglez

Location: Swimming in a pool of Xpresspost receipts.... Toronto - 400/401
The valve spring pushes the pin against the base, is the valve spring still there? if so is it bent or misaligned?
Old June 30th, 2011, 15:28   #10
VooDooPeteK

ok so I updated the OP with pictures and a bit of explanation to the pictures and the problem

Normally I would just buy i rebuild kit but both parts that seem to be the issue (one or the other or maybe both) you can't buy on there own
Old June 30th, 2011, 15:45   #11
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Based on my Kings and cherries set up the spring sits between the pressure valve (the big one) and the push pin valve, now the last picture looks like as if the spring was not installed and that you didn't screw the body in far enough. The big pressure valve shoul pop into the chamber (that's how you reset it) and your bearings need to be in teh big pressure valve

Last edited by wildcard; June 30th, 2011 at 15:47..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 15:50   #12
coach
aka coachster

can you manually/physically insert the push pin valve into the hole in the base with it open?
Old June 30th, 2011, 16:03   #13
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
can you manually/physically insert the push pin valve into the hole in the base with it open?

No I cant I can push it as far as it shows in the 3rd picture

reason I didn't show the spring/bearings and top plunger thing installed is that stuff goes together just fine its the push pin valve that will not go into the base with everything installed or without.

I know with my king arms if I have them fully apart I can just drop this part in
Old June 30th, 2011, 16:19   #14
coach
aka coachster

Talk to who you bought them from and see if you can exchange them.

Last edited by coach; June 30th, 2011 at 16:29..
Old June 30th, 2011, 16:31   #15
Jugglez

Location: Swimming in a pool of Xpresspost receipts.... Toronto - 400/401
Make sure you are centering the spring into the valve, there is a recessed ring in the valve where the spring sits in. If the spring is even a bit crooked to one side it will create this problem.

I'm not sure how else this can happen, especially given everything was fine out of the box and u used it a few times.

If you continue to have this problem you can email me directly

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner