Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Vehicles in airsoft and milsim

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old August 29th, 2012, 23:58   #76
QKLee11

EXO

Hey thats Tiger in the Intro, our EXO at last Pine Plains and that his Land Rover (The guy dressed in Brit DPM).
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:01   #77
Cpt- Lovegrove

i ran my daily driver (1995 Sonoma)at force recon's Nightfall, i painted the truck with flat green paint (exterior flat from canadian tire) chippin/ denting is not a problem, point blank with a gun shooting 386fps and it didnt even scuff the paint. we had a SAW mounted on the turret. front window wont break from a bb, unless point blank or a silica, both side windows had to be down as per game rules, we used it as a respon and hard point, a troop tansport(to my suspensions regret) and an assault vehicle. it adds a lot of realism to the game, for nightfall 2 i am excited to say we will be back and with some fun new upgrades, suspension add ons to give me an extra 1500lbs of carriing capasity, a M2HB for the turret and posibly a supprize for the passenger side

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps7f3c3436.jpg
picture availible here
Cpt- Lovegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:33   #78
akko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt- Lovegrove View Post
i ran my daily driver (1995 Sonoma)at force recon's Nightfall, i painted the truck with flat green paint (exterior flat from canadian tire) chippin/ denting is not a problem, point blank with a gun shooting 386fps and it didnt even scuff the paint. we had a SAW mounted on the turret. front window wont break from a bb, unless point blank or a silica, both side windows had to be down as per game rules, we used it as a respon and hard point, a troop tansport(to my suspensions regret) and an assault vehicle. it adds a lot of realism to the game, for nightfall 2 i am excited to say we will be back and with some fun new upgrades, suspension add ons to give me an extra 1500lbs of carriing capasity, a M2HB for the turret and posibly a supprize for the passenger side

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps7f3c3436.jpg
picture availible here
from a far it look like you were trying to pop a wheelie

AKMS
TYPE 56-1
akko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 15:15   #79
HackD

I decided to cut to the chase, and just buy a ready-made solution for airsoft - despite my frequent musings of other options earlier in this thread.

My newly acquired Redneck wheelchair for season 2013 - required due to a less than optimal recovery outcome for double hip replacement procedures in the past few years. 2005 Kawasaki Bayou 250 - a basic ATV, in good nick, and a good price. I'm contemplating a short-barreled SAW mounted upon a home-brewed rack-mounted gimbal mount, next.

The Doctor's advised that i should really think about stop playing airsoft, and take up golf or some other lame-arse sport for exercise instead.. fuck 'em. I ain't dead yet.

Last edited by HackD; March 23rd, 2013 at 20:15..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 17:09   #80
HackD

Ok, so i punched in "airsoft" and "ATV" into youtube.. and came up with this insanity. I regret punching in that combo of words, now. I feel so.. inadequate.

A combination of high ambition, way too much discretionary spending money available (He can't be married. Just can't be.) and a little insanity mixed in for variety. I would have left the wheels on - it would still be badass.. but whatever floats your boat i guess.

http://youtu.be/-XbWbrYlSkQ

Last edited by HackD; March 25th, 2013 at 17:21..
Old March 25th, 2013, 17:42   #81
coach
aka coachster

So why does that thing need strobes and a spare wheel?

Wondering he's ever shot himself in the back of the head?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 18:18   #82
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
So why does that thing need strobes and a spare wheel?

Wondering he's ever shot himself in the back of the head?
Spare wheel, i imagine if he blows a track/breaks a track - remove the broken track unit as a complete assembly, and replace with the wheel to get out of whatever remote area he is in (can't exactly call a tow-truck, or carry a complete spare track unit i imagine) - it's adequate to keep going on, with reduced vehicle function.

As for that Vulcan cannon - i'd hope he has it slaved to a video targeting display... or yeah, that's gonna hurt - in very rapid succession.

Strobes - pure "Look at Me" factor - can't be anything else.. sorta like Ego under-glow on motorcycles.
Old June 5th, 2013, 18:35   #83
HackD

The 2wd Kawi Bayou 250cc that i bought has worked awesomely for the past two games that i've played using it..and motivation still hasn't overcome the inertia of lazyness to tart it up with some airsoft specific mods quite yet..

But, hmmm.. and damn.. I'm liking this.

Variations of these were used in the US forces from the mid-1950's to the 1980's.. about as minimalist utilitarian as one can get. They were used either in a mule cargo configuration, or offensively armed with an M106 recoiless cannon or similar purpose LMG/GPMG.

The M274/M275 Mule variations.

This guy below has actually gone all out and homebuilt one in 1/2 scale - approximate cost $900usd.

M274 military mule half scale home build - DIY Go Kart Forum

The only thing that is stopping me right now from breaking out the Mig, wrenches and other instruments of creative destruction, is an already crammed full garage. Pity.

Last edited by HackD; June 5th, 2013 at 18:39..
Old July 2nd, 2013, 00:02   #84
HackD

A little bit of boredom-inspired creativity on my Kawi 250 Bayou field mule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-NykQFMZTs

Believe it or not, i have had this particular emergency strobe beacon kicking around for the better part of 20 years, found in a clean-out of the closing Oakville Mack truck facility in 1993, and inhabiting a parts box ever since, awaiting a purpose. I think i have now found that purpose, considering the limited visibility of the field that i play regularly.

It folds down, and forward - I didn't get my geometry right, so it does not fold down flat as desired - but it does fold down sufficiently to clear drive-throughs like the Bank, Tim Horton's, and McD's on the way to game

Next step - front pintle mount for Stoner 63..
Old July 2nd, 2013, 20:57   #85
Flailing_Seagul

I've been to a few PRZ games now that utilized vehicles and I think it really add's to the games. Some of my favorite moments are either ambushing them, or riding around on the back just looking for trouble

Someone mentioned a VIP game with a convoy to protect, sounds awesome. Would be nice to play a few games like this where you're team has more then one vehicle. Understandably PRZ couldnt handle more then two vehicles really.
Flailing_Seagul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 13:09   #86
HackD

And.. a little closer. Still needs a few things (mount keepers, additional structural bracing, etc.) but getting there.

Old July 14th, 2013, 13:23   #87
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

That is awesome!

Nice work HackD.
Old July 14th, 2013, 17:41   #88
leth1337

Bring your vehicles to Op: TRIGLAV!!
Old July 15th, 2013, 17:50   #89
horto

wow, great job on the mount!

Quote:
The Doctor's advised that i should really think about stop playing airsoft, and take up golf or some other lame-arse sport for exercise instead.. fuck 'em. I ain't dead yet.
hahaha! right on man!!
Old July 15th, 2013, 19:55   #90
flash point

Good job, well done! I love the quality build on that mount.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures