Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This is SAW thread

:

Airsoft Media

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 27th, 2011, 10:54   #91
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Ammo's not too bad, there's no rule that you have to hose all day long.
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:06   #92
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys find the cost of ammo for your beasties?
It depends on what you shoot. Obviously .30's cost more than .25's. Unless you go fire hose a drum will last you the hole day. I always figure to bring enough bb's to fill the drum twice. The stock drum holds 2500 bbs. So assume about $20-40 a game. But I rarely go through a complete drum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
eeyore, the more I look at your avatar, the more I find it looks like a vagina...
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 20:41   #93
MilanWG
Perroz Designs
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, ON


ECHO1 M249 Para - Daytonagun GBB

- BlueForceGear Vickers Combat Applications Padded Sling - fde
- BlueForceGear Universal Wire Loops - 3.25 Inch

- GripPod GPS02
- Daytonagun GBB M249 Kit
- Magpul PTS PMAG 120R Magazine - fde
- G&P M249 RAS
- Mad Bull FNC style flash hider - CCW
- DataMatrix sticker
__________________
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 21:08   #94
Steven
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Langley, B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post


ECHO1 M249 Para - Daytonagun GBB

- BlueForceGear Vickers Combat Applications Padded Sling - fde
- BlueForceGear Universal Wire Loops - 3.25 Inch

- GripPod GPS02
- Daytonagun GBB M249 Kit
- Magpul PTS PMAG 120R Magazine - fde
- G&P M249 RAS
- Mad Bull FNC style flash hider - CCW
- DataMatrix sticker
I love it. How's the Daytona kit?

I'm waiting on their new release within the next few months!
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:28   #95
peacekeeper
formerly bazza
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary alberta
top m249 help

looking for some help , im thinking about buying a TOP M249 mk 1 , anything i need to know about them , some say there good other say the crap . looking for some honest answers from the support gunner crowd. thxs
peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:46   #96
c3sk
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post


ECHO1 M249 Para - Daytonagun GBB

- BlueForceGear Vickers Combat Applications Padded Sling - fde
- BlueForceGear Universal Wire Loops - 3.25 Inch

- GripPod GPS02
- Daytonagun GBB M249 Kit
- Magpul PTS PMAG 120R Magazine - fde
- G&P M249 RAS
- Mad Bull FNC style flash hider - CCW
- DataMatrix sticker
That's so awesome Milan, I'm jealous bro.
You've put together a very nice kit there!
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:31   #97
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I don't think TOP has ever made a decent AEG.....
If you want a 249, G&P is #1, nobody even comes close to their external durability.
Then comes CA, A&K, and STAR at the very very bottom.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:21   #98
DEATH2000
 
DEATH2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Peacekeeper, thier is a review between the Classic Army and STAR M249 in the latest issue of Take Aim magazine. I found it to be very well written. Im sure somebody around has a copy you can look at. Imperial might have a few extra's as well.

Basiclly the review said the STAR one was cheap and very obviously so, and that it would be worth the extra cost for the CA one if you were going to invest your money in an M249.
__________________
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 08:21   #99
jakster
 
jakster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal area
Quote:
looking for some help , im thinking about buying a TOP M249 mk 1 , anything i need to know about them , some say there good other say the crap . looking for some honest answers from the support gunner crowd. thxs
I've had the TOP M249 for a few years now and unless you want to take it down and rebuild the internals I would suggest you get another model. Don't get me wrong I love my TOP but I rebuilt it completely to get it to where I wanted it. I would not reccomend it unless you have far to moderate experiance in maintaining AEG's. Realistic wise I think it's the best, with a good weight and as close as you can get to the real steel version. Just my two cents
jakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:30   #100
MilanWG
Perroz Designs
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Thanks for the comment Chris

I have my rig on the way in the mail - can't wait to try it out!
__________________
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 00:43   #101
wildcard
 
wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In my man cave
Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard

Daytona Gun M249MK2 and Echo1 M240B with 650mm inner barrel, 12.8V madbull LiFe

Last edited by wildcard; May 2nd, 2011 at 19:25..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:15   #102
Frozen Tex
 
Frozen Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Yellowknife, NT, Great White North
^^^

What does the middle one transform into?
__________________

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:27   #103
wildcard
 
wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In my man cave
Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
^^^

What does the middle one transform into?
A loud Evil bb spitting gas GBBR
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:44   #104
Grumpy
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Orleans, ON
A&K M249 Para

Well I fielded my new A&K M249 Para this past weekend and it lasted most of the day and was a TON of fun to use, however...15 minutes before the end of the day during a fire fight, the damn box mag would not feed (stock A&K 2500 rd boxmag). I took it apart at home and BBs were in the lower area causing the feeding mechanism to jam. i have put a piece of foam in there now to hopefully prevent BBs from moving from the top holding area into the lower mechanism area, but alas I still don't get a warm fuzzy. I am also not too fond of the way the cover "clips" onto the mag, it just looks like it can break easily and come off and then there goes all your ammo

Any suggestions on improving the mag or on a replacement box mag? I see the "MAG 2500rds Pouch Magazine for M249" available online, but they say they are made for CA & TOP...will they fit my A&K?

Lastly, I thought of a mag pouch/cover for the A&K to keep it all together "just in case" but they are damn near impossible to find online.

Anyone have any suggestions for my new baby?

Thanks
__________________
I support Capital Airsoft!
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:56   #105
sushicake
 
sushicake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Markham, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Well I fielded my new A&K M249 Para this past weekend and it lasted most of the day and was a TON of fun to use, however...15 minutes before the end of the day during a fire fight, the damn box mag would not feed (stock A&K 2500 rd boxmag). I took it apart at home and BBs were in the lower area causing the feeding mechanism to jam. i have put a piece of foam in there now to hopefully prevent BBs from moving from the top holding area into the lower mechanism area, but alas I still don't get a warm fuzzy. I am also not too fond of the way the cover "clips" onto the mag, it just looks like it can break easily and come off and then there goes all your ammo

Any suggestions on improving the mag or on a replacement box mag? I see the "MAG 2500rds Pouch Magazine for M249" available online, but they say they are made for CA & TOP...will they fit my A&K?

Lastly, I thought of a mag pouch/cover for the A&K to keep it all together "just in case" but they are damn near impossible to find online.


Anyone have any suggestions for my new baby?

Thanks
Normally BB's dont fall into the lower section, that's normally caused by you when you're pouring the bb's into the upper. Some always falls in.

And yes the MAG 2500 pouch fits the A&K it's a CA clone after all.
__________________
"Don't you know the first law of physics? Anything fun costs atleast $8"
sushicake is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.