Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Long rifles in close quarters combat

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:55   #31
Deaf_shooter
 
Deaf_shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
If you head to place that has a lot of CQB, just pick up small submachine or Pistol (Mp5 don't count in most time) I use same gun I got for first time, TF Mp7. honest, I always am baffled when people bring long gun to Xtreme tactic. Sure, they work well outside, but we play CQB with few long range(100ft max?), so its advantage is good as gone.
__________________
my english is bad. however, It don't make up different on your ignorance.
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2011, 03:45   #32
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch
 
Gato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond Hill (Ontario)
It you really find yourself unable to use a weapon in confined areas, you have the wrong weapon. If that's the case, such as M14s, cradle or low ready works. Contrary to what all the people on here are saying, it you're engaging people in a building, tucking the buttstock firmly under the shoulder, in your armpit will work just fine. I've tried it with both real and airsoft, it's accurate enough with a rifle under 30 meters with the real deal. For airsoft, range obviosly changes.

As for pistols, realisticly, you don't always have one, I've done CQB training, IRL, and I was never given a side arm. General consensus is they're nice to have, but they're more weight and if you need it, you're probably fucked anyway. Granted, I'd LIKE to have it just in case.

For the purposes of airsoft, I have a pistol with one mag, I've only had to actually draw it once or twice in all the years I've been playing, that's only due to a stoppage in my primary weapon, the pistol is called a secondary for a reason and should be treated as such. That's not to say you shouldn't train and be competent on it.

As for swapping guns for different games: Train as you fight, fight as you train.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Like seriously dude. The incredible lack of common sense in the question could be scientifically investigated for evidence of a black hole.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:43   #33
Deaf_shooter
 
Deaf_shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
I did try once with m14 when I visit Xtreme tactics for first time, no need to said I learn fast that small gun is better for CQB. then bought Mp7 and never use other than this.
__________________
my english is bad. however, It don't make up different on your ignorance.
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 02:28   #34
icycold123
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Man all this useful info. Now I gotta go practice my shotgun draw(it's in a scabbard/holster on my back). Honestly, pulling out a secondary can be useful, but especially in situations I have experienced, I never have enough time to pull it out when I need it.
icycold123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:04   #35
a_sock
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by icycold123 View Post
Man all this useful info. Now I gotta go practice my shotgun draw(it's in a scabbard/holster on my back). Honestly, pulling out a secondary can be useful, but especially in situations I have experienced, I never have enough time to pull it out when I need it.
something like a shotgun is probably going to be more of a backup than a sidearm. Especially when your in some of those oh shit moments, its not going to do much, under conditions where you may be under fire, under cover, have little room to draw your boomstick, I think if you are in situations where you need a secondary for close quarters you should get something smaller and easier to draw. Shotguns shouldn't be secondaries, they should be primaries! Maybe you could do what I do, a backup shotty for your shotty(goblin deuce, quick to draw, small, and has some damn nice spread on it, but with reduced range compared to main shotty) Because we know you like shotties

Anyone have any tips for drawing shotguns, best way to keep them on you, fastest way to draw, modifications and ideas people have, or ideas on keeping another primary on your back? Ive tried to run my L96 with my 97b on my back and it just seems too heavy and difficult to secure both but be able to switch them out quickly. Damn videogames influences
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 02:53   #36
TaroBear
 
TaroBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Markham/Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sock View Post
something like a shotgun is probably going to be more of a backup than a sidearm. Especially when your in some of those oh shit moments, its not going to do much, under conditions where you may be under fire, under cover, have little room to draw your boomstick, I think if you are in situations where you need a secondary for close quarters you should get something smaller and easier to draw. Shotguns shouldn't be secondaries, they should be primaries! Maybe you could do what I do, a backup shotty for your shotty(goblin deuce, quick to draw, small, and has some damn nice spread on it, but with reduced range compared to main shotty) Because we know you like shotties

Anyone have any tips for drawing shotguns, best way to keep them on you, fastest way to draw, modifications and ideas people have, or ideas on keeping another primary on your back? Ive tried to run my L96 with my 97b on my back and it just seems too heavy and difficult to secure both but be able to switch them out quickly. Damn videogames influences
I carry a shotgun on my back almost all the time. Never assume you'll be able to draw it as fast as a pistol or PDW, since its' just not realistic. As for carrying it, I have it mounted MOLLE slanted, so that it's easier to reach the grip. I always make sure that the grip faces inwards towards my head, since it flows naturally to draw it like that. I find it best to let your rifle drop down by sling, obviously so that it won't fit the ground. I then grip the stock of my rifle and push it against my chest and around my back, while my right hand pulls out the shotgun. Remove the top strap that wraps around the pistol grip. It's useless, and your gun will never fall out anyway.

One thing to remember is that you should draw the shotgun in one smooth motion. It's not a problem with the 870 or 500, but with the Benelli 3/4 and SPAS-12, the awkward parts on the pump might get stick in the scabbard. One smooth motions helps me get the gun out much faster, otherwise you're going to have to tug at it. In terms of stocks, just don't do it with a fullstock gun like an 870 or an M3 Super 90. When I used to carry my Benelli, I'd tie a piece of paracord on the restractable stock's sling mount. You can use it to grip the gun more quickly. If doing it with a folding stock like the SPAS-12, keep it half folded when you scabbard the gun in, then close the stock around the scabbard. That way you can fire quickly once you draw the gun from a folded position, while not having to undo the lock if you want to use the stock quickly. It's also a much smoother fit with the SPAS-12. The same goes with a side folding M4 style stock. With extendable stocks, I find it best to keep it in the shortest position, that way your gun doesn't get caught on stuff when you run around and take cover. It always makes your profile lower.

Ah, I noticed some discussion about a secondary weapon. I consider a shotgun just a compliment to my primary weapon. In a situation where you need to shoot fast, I still use my .45 instead. Don't ever try whipping a shotgun out of your scabbard when the enemy is charging. You're going to get shot.
__________________
This message was brought to you by Umbrella Inc.

Last edited by TaroBear; October 27th, 2011 at 03:05..
TaroBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:59   #37
a_sock
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
I carry a shotgun on my back almost all the time. Never assume you'll be able to draw it as fast as a pistol or PDW, since its' just not realistic. As for carrying it, I have it mounted MOLLE slanted, so that it's easier to reach the grip. I always make sure that the grip faces inwards towards my head, since it flows naturally to draw it like that. I find it best to let your rifle drop down by sling, obviously so that it won't fit the ground. I then grip the stock of my rifle and push it against my chest and around my back, while my right hand pulls out the shotgun. Remove the top strap that wraps around the pistol grip. It's useless, and your gun will never fall out anyway.

One thing to remember is that you should draw the shotgun in one smooth motion. It's not a problem with the 870 or 500, but with the Benelli 3/4 and SPAS-12, the awkward parts on the pump might get stick in the scabbard. One smooth motions helps me get the gun out much faster, otherwise you're going to have to tug at it. In terms of stocks, just don't do it with a fullstock gun like an 870 or an M3 Super 90. When I used to carry my Benelli, I'd tie a piece of paracord on the restractable stock's sling mount. You can use it to grip the gun more quickly. If doing it with a folding stock like the SPAS-12, keep it half folded when you scabbard the gun in, then close the stock around the scabbard. That way you can fire quickly once you draw the gun from a folded position, while not having to undo the lock if you want to use the stock quickly. It's also a much smoother fit with the SPAS-12. The same goes with a side folding M4 style stock. With extendable stocks, I find it best to keep it in the shortest position, that way your gun doesn't get caught on stuff when you run around and take cover. It always makes your profile lower.

Ah, I noticed some discussion about a secondary weapon. I consider a shotgun just a compliment to my primary weapon. In a situation where you need to shoot fast, I still use my .45 instead. Don't ever try whipping a shotgun out of your scabbard when the enemy is charging. You're going to get shot.
May sound odd but when I sling my gun on my back I usually put the barrel down my drop pouch, its very secure that way and helps distribute the weight off your shoulder. I know theres a product called the corral gunslinger which does the same thing much more effectively but I don't have the space on my belt for it.
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 23:58   #38
a_sock
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
You do this to prevent your gun from moving around?
yeah, great for loose two point slings or single point slings, so you dont have to worry about your primary coming off your back.
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 23:48   #39
PhattyTatty666
 
PhattyTatty666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. John's
this may help http://www.airsoftpartshop.com/index...product_id=265
__________________
G&G MP5 SD6  Taurus 24/7  M4A1   L96
PhattyTatty666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 23:49   #40
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhattyTatty666 View Post
Nope, because of the hopup. BBs will fly to the left.
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 00:00   #41
PhattyTatty666
 
PhattyTatty666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. John's
then your hop up is too high. little to no hop up on a long range gun is usally a good thing. i use an L96 and rarely ever use the hop up.
__________________
G&G MP5 SD6  Taurus 24/7  M4A1   L96
PhattyTatty666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 00:15   #42
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Nope, because of the hopup. BBs will fly to the left.
at cqb ranges the slight tilt has ZERO effect on the bbs.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:23   #43
DJBackfire
 
DJBackfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
When I used my M14 Socom, I usually tucked it under my armpit or when in the longer hallways, I was the last person to follow. If it got really tight I would switch to my pistol.
__________________
"Whatever tickles your pickle"
"When in doubt, wipe it out!"
Current Load out:
KJW 10/22
KWA USP Compact Tactical
DJBackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:08   #44
krap101
 
krap101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Roscoe, IL USA
I think one of my friends who's a marine said they tell you to "shoulder" the rifle with the stock over your shoulder.
__________________
AIRSOFT PRECISION DYNAMICS - Augmenting Reality
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:29   #45
Jakkal
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
In the game I went to yesterday I had someone charge my position and hide on the opposite side of the wall I was on. I knew I couldn't get my AK in position and turn without getting shot, and since I had lent a friend my pistol holster, I was actually carrying it in one of the AR/AK double mag pouches on my molle vest. Thing came out as my gun got slung, popped around the corner, pressed it into his collar bone and said "So, mercy right?" before he could even get his gun half up and pointed in the right direction.

I found in that situation anyway, having my AK on a one point and having my pistol right on my vest meant minimal movement to get the thing out and ready. It happened quite fast, and maybe a cross-draw holster or stash it in an empty mag pouch. It meant I only had to move my hand about 6 inches to get it and get it out, and that happened in the time span it took me to drop my main to my side.
Jakkal is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.