Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gauging Interest. Large Game Transport

:

General

Old September 6th, 2017, 17:00   #1
Cico

Gauging Interest. Large Game Transport

Guy/Gals.

I know more and more of us are looking to go to US Games to the MSW and AMS games. What I have found has been the length of drive has been a deterring factor.

I have been working on another project for transportation for groups from overseas looking for chartered bus transport from Toronto to various points in Canada and the US.

What I know really pertains to the Ontario Community but i would imagine similar services from other Cities would be the same.

For a 5 Day Trip from Toronto to Mississippi the cost of a 28 passenger bus is approx $4,500.00 CAD. Taking into account gear a 28 PAX will take approx 20 comfortably. which works out to $225.00 Each person for transport to and from an event.

I know that carpooling seems like a cheaper option but when you look at the cost of Fuel and Maintenance combined with potentially stopping for a hotel twice on a journey like this it can easily add up to similar cost.

For this journey I will use the mileage Toronto to Camp Shelby with 4 guys in a 2015 Dodge Caravan that gets 7.1Gal/100MI

2500 miles round trip
Fuel 177.5 Gallons of Gas @ Avg $2.45/Gal = $434.90USD/$530 CAD
Maintence- A rough estimate is $0.05/Mi that I have used in the past=$125.00 CAD
Hotel $100/Night x 2 nights= $200.00
= $213.75 per person

I think that the $225.00 per person is a better deal as you don't have to worry about any one driving them self and you can relax on both directions.

Now this only works if everyone on the bus is OK to clear into the US and has their shit straight for comingt back to Canada.

This could be worked out with two stops Toronto and London if the interest was there.

Discuss....
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 17:14   #2
Bermanator98

This seems like a good idea, very interesting. While it doesn't pertain to me as I'm not interested in big milsims such as MSW events, it would be a pain to make sure everyone is compliant with the airsoft laws of both the US and Canada. Because if only one person doesn't have their shit together, besides the obvious delays, they would probably take everything that much more serious and be more of a dick about it for everyone, depending of course who is on duty at the border.

Just my 2 cents.

Michael
Bermanator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2017, 10:40   #3
Cico

Thanks Michael.

That is a valid concern with doing a large group outing such as this.

Our hobby has its own set of challenges just the nature of our equipment. I spoke with a few bus companies and two offer a preclearance option from Toronto where the passengers are cleared by US Customs using the Airport as the pick up location and the bus does not stop within Canada. This would prevent the issues on entry into the US. The return to Canada seems to be most peoples concern reading the constant threads asking how we all do it going to the US. I myself have went to several US events and have had no major issues. Making sure everyone has documentation prior to departure is rather easy and can be dealt with before setting out from the pick up.

Do you Have your passport?
Documentation showing your FPS from the Manufacturer?

If you have convistions you need a pardon and to call USCPB to verify entry.
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Old September 7th, 2017, 18:20   #4
nardac

This would be appeal to the NPAC guys, 8 of us went to an AMS event last season. As long as you have a vetted group, then I don't see a problem. Established teams or squads should be able to make this happen.
nardac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2017, 18:47   #5
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Interesting... I think the price is fair given the headaches it saves having to find hotels, drivers and whatnot. As long as everyone is vetted, and planning is done far enough in advance it seems like a viable solution for getting a bunch of us Canadians down to a US game.

The problem is perhaps giving enough notice so people can plan, and picking a game that 20 people actually want to go too. Would make for some memorable stories I'm sure.

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 09:26   #6
Cico

The MSW Events are posted on average 3 months out and are usually pretty predictable.
Mississippi in January/February

I agree that for the first couple of runs we need to work with vetted players and teams to ensure that we get this down square then we can share the knowledge with anyone else looking to tag along.

My ultimate plan is to allow any Canadian Player the opportunity to attend US games to see what awesomeness that they are and hopefully raise the bar even further for our games here. Imagine a MSW type option that travels from NS to BC with stops in between with a story line that follows along.

My other thought was going as far as buying a " Short Bus" paint it green as a " Battle Bus" and running my own transport service to these games but US DOT/ MTO really make it hard for regulations with driving hours and maintenance records to make this a cost effective option.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General