Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Vintage WWII tunic

:

WW1, WW2

Old October 10th, 2005, 03:05   #1
marker227
Vintage WWII tunic

Does anyone have for sale a German tunic or know where I could get one?

Thanks
Old October 10th, 2005, 03:20   #2
BC_K
Banned

Wrong Section, Belongs in the Wanted area. (Or least to the best of my knowledge it does.)

Good luck on that, I'd highly suggest you just get a repo from who knows where.

I highly doubt someones grandpa would want their old uniform being sold. :lol:
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 12:10   #3
Cheese
Dark Helmet

Send a message via MSN to Cheese
for reproduction , check here www.atthefront.com

for original german tunic, hum I dont know if it's still possible to find one, check on ebay, maybe you can be lucky. Watch out for the price.

If you like american style, I know you can get original stuffs on ebay and it's not so expensive
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 13:26   #4
marker227
ah ok well thanks
Old October 10th, 2005, 14:40   #5
tiger-unit

A way cheaper way is the East German tunics, they look almost identicle to the WW2 ones, but make sure you get it in wool, it has to be wool.
tiger-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 18:31   #6
militariamike

If you are getting a German uniform from ww2 to play airsoft in...dont. collectors will be on your tail. the original uniforms are somewhat hard to find and very expensive. go for a repro, there are some good ones out there.
militariamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 18:42   #7
jaymz1911

Send a message via MSN to jaymz1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker227
Does anyone have for sale a German tunic or know where I could get one?

Thanks
Well you could give this a look http://www.ww2px.com/ or http://www.thirdreichdepot.com/ or http://www.militarytour.com/index.htm

Worth looking :cheers:
jaymz1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 23:01   #8
Chalcus

I have seen quite a few pieces on Viking mils store on ebay. He is worth checking out. Prices are pretty good. He only carries certain patterns though. Good luck.

Chalcus.
Chalcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 15:31   #9
hansrohleder

Send a message via MSN to hansrohleder
It's hard to find original German uniforms without bullet holes in them....
hansrohleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 23:09   #10
T.Smith

Send a message via MSN to T.Smith
I wouldn't run around in what truely belongs in a display case. I've seen plenty of orginals, but over time they are moth-eaten an' very decreped.

Stick with the Repros, but remember, the cheaper the price, the cheaper the wool. You have to decided if you want to look like a German soldier, or feel like one.

Age Verifier - Kelowna, BC and Area
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:12   #11
REXTER

Send a message via MSN to REXTER
My dad went over to Germany to visit my grandfather for a week and brought back his authentic tunic from 1944. It was his last one he was given during the war. He served with an engineer unit and both Russia and France until he was badly injured in France from an American shell. He lost his leg from the knee down. From bullet wounds to shrapnel he still set off metal detectors. After the hospital patched him up, he wanted to go home, at at the end of WW2 and with all the bombing getting home was a challenge. He was roughly 500kms away from his home town. After spending two days and nights on a train (travelling at night) he ended up back exactly where he started. He decided to walk it. Literally, with a fresh wound, on crutches. Again, travelling mainly at night, he walked, got rides and travelled by boat when he could. He traded smokes for rides when he could. He didn't smoke, so naturally he had alot of cigarettes. He eventually made it home to his inlaws that wouldn't let him in the house. They thought he was a gypsy by the way he looked. The jacket below is the one he wore.

My grandfather told my dad this story for the first time in his life two years ago. When he told me, I was speechless.

http://www.teametf.ca/gallery/main.p...g2_itemId=1564
Old November 5th, 2005, 11:09   #12
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXTER
My dad went over to Germany to visit my grandfather for a week and brought back his authentic tunic from 1944. It was his last one he was given during the war. He served with an engineer unit and both Russia and France until he was badly injured in France from an American shell. He lost his leg from the knee down. From bullet wounds to shrapnel he still set off metal detectors. After the hospital patched him up, he wanted to go home, at at the end of WW2 and with all the bombing getting home was a challenge. He was roughly 500kms away from his home town. After spending two days and nights on a train (travelling at night) he ended up back exactly where he started. He decided to walk it. Literally, with a fresh wound, on crutches. Again, travelling mainly at night, he walked, got rides and travelled by boat when he could. He traded smokes for rides when he could. He didn't smoke, so naturally he had alot of cigarettes. He eventually made it home to his inlaws that wouldn't let him in the house. They thought he was a gypsy by the way he looked. The jacket below is the one he wore.

My grandfather told my dad this story for the first time in his life two years ago. When he told me, I was speechless.

http://www.teametf.ca/gallery/main.p...g2_itemId=1564

An amazing story, thanks for sharing.

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 12:29   #13
Bunny

Great story! I've always been interested in ww2, I had relatives that fought on both sides.

I'm trying to identify his medals, looks like a 'Wound Badge' and a 'General Assault Badge(silver)'. The red ribbon (I'm taking a bit of a stab) to say it's a Campaign ribbon (Russia?). The insignia on the left arm means 'Kreigsmarine Engineer' (I think). The Aiguillette is also a decoration of some kind, but I'm at a loss on that one. Also, he was a First Lieutenant. *Edit* oops, how could I forget, an Iron Cross (not sure of the class).
Read Stephen Taylor here
Those who trade liberty for safety will ultimately deprive themselves of both.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 13:04   #14
T.Smith

Send a message via MSN to T.Smith
That is a truely amazing and moving story. As it is close to rememberance day, I would like to take the time to remind everyone to take a moment of silence for veterans and the fallen of both sides.

Bunny, if you can, post some pictures, I'm sure people will be willing to help. If we cant, the guys over at http://forum.axishistory.com

Age Verifier - Kelowna, BC and Area
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 13:56   #15
Bunny

The medals I was referring to were the ones on Rexter's Grandfather's tunic in the picture.
Read Stephen Taylor here
Those who trade liberty for safety will ultimately deprive themselves of both.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2