Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE SCARH open bolt GBB bolt catch only works when pulling the charging handle manually

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 2nd, 2019, 01:33   #1
fate9834

WE SCARH open bolt GBB bolt catch only works when pulling the charging handle manually

The bolt catch issue on WE AR15/SCAR seems to be pretty common but I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem.

My bolt will lock every time if I pull the charging handle back manually, or it will sometimes lock back when the gas almost runs out. But it would never lock back on full power cycle.

So it seems that when there is enough gas the bolt carrier rides too fast for the bolt lock to catch onto? I'm using the Angry Gun rapid fire kit but only in normal mode (setting the screw a little less than 0.5mm from the base), so the bolt travel is still long enough for the bolt catch to work. And indeed the bolt catch worked no problem when I first installed the rapid fire kit, now it just stops working.

Looking at the bolt catch, I think it might not sticks out high enough for a firm engage? And on full power cycle the bolt just slips off? I'll try to raise the bolt catch and see if it helps

Could anyone help me figure out how to solve the issue? My stock buffer assembly is broken so I cannot remove the rapid fire kit...

Thanks

Edit: Added additional info

Last edited by fate9834; January 2nd, 2019 at 10:06..
fate9834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2019, 20:49   #2
AirsoftAntics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate9834 View Post
The bolt catch issue on WE AR15/SCAR seems to be pretty common but I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem.

My bolt will lock every time if I pull the charging handle back manually, or it will sometimes lock back when the gas almost runs out. But it would never lock back on full power cycle.

So it seems that when there is enough gas the bolt carrier rides too fast for the bolt lock to catch onto? I'm using the Angry Gun rapid fire kit but only in normal mode (setting the screw a little less than 0.5mm from the base), so the bolt travel is still long enough for the bolt catch to work. And indeed the bolt catch worked no problem when I first installed the rapid fire kit, now it just stops working.

Looking at the bolt catch, I think it might not sticks out high enough for a firm engage? And on full power cycle the bolt just slips off? I'll try to raise the bolt catch and see if it helps

Could anyone help me figure out how to solve the issue? My stock buffer assembly is broken so I cannot remove the rapid fire kit...

Thanks

Edit: Added additional info
Hello,

Did you still need some help with this?

If you can forward this post to us at www.OrangevilleAirsoft.ca we will be glad to help you out!

Regards,
Joe
Orangeville Airsoft
AirsoftAntics is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner