Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Threats from across the border!

:

General

Old June 22nd, 2011, 22:41   #46
bizkilter

De Leon has another go at it posted for 5 July this summer. It's a tactic used regularly to insure the minimum amount of votes are cast because lawmakers are on vacation. Because of this it has a good chance of passing.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 23:01   #47
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post

Let your kids play with chainsaws, plastic bags and car batteries in the bathtub. If they live through it she'll be fucktons ahead of the curve.
Quoted for awesome sauce and truthiness.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:13   #48
Juke16

The possible new face of airsoft in USA:

oh wait it's real, guess nothing's going to be absolutely no change in how cops deal with people brandishing colourful guns huh?...
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 20:45   #49
SuperCriollo

Did it pass?

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 21:00   #50
Darklen
Administrator

No, it didn't pass committee. But it's still alive and well in another form. You can follow along here:

http://www.airsoftsafetyfoundation.org/
Old July 10th, 2011, 22:11   #51
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Actually, it passed reconsideration on Tuesday July 5. The future of the bill now up to the State Assembly.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:31   #52
Danke

Good riddance.

http://airsoft-guns-blog.pyramydair....d-passage.html
Old September 8th, 2011, 14:05   #53
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Personally I think it looks like more standard American politics. In light of recent events involving the governor, it may be a power grab. At that level it's not likely worth the tax dollars. Registration, regulation and such for something like this wouldn't turn a profit. This is simply some ass-hat, trying to build a political platform to gain support. The whole look of which is the usual, "I'm making things safer, and fighting crime". Good for you to attack something you know nothing about. However the California crime issues may be, this won't help. My political support is based off how many people I can make afraid, or think I'm actively doing something useful. Lol, what a joke.

In Canada however, things started out strict, and slowly goes the other way. As our sport grows and the community realizes what it is we do, things have only improved. However slight. Truth be told airsoft guns aren't deadly. You can take someones eye out, but unless you use it as a club you won't kill them. It is fairly easy to get a .22, or a pellet gun from say; Canadian tire that shoots tipped metal rounds. In this great country, any peron(s) using an object that simulates, replicates, a gun in anyway criminally will be charged as if it is a real firearm. This is a law that I personally support.

Now we've all heard the stories. I.E. The kid who held up his school with an airsoft gun, or someone robbing a store with one. Just a couple years ago a few punks in Bow Island, AB where arrested for shooting people from their car. Tell me please did it make a difference what goddamn color the guns were? Nope, none. The only way this has ever made any sense is clear, or smoked receivers. But even that only applies to importing, so the border can identify it as "not a firearm". To be perfectly honest though, if they don't like it; it doesn't come into Canada, period.

The argument on public safety isn't relevant, as the only way to get killed by an airsoft gun is to commit a crime with it. But getting blown outta your socks by a peace officer is something you had to be asking for. I would hate to see the police put in those situations. But color, real, not real, clear, ...whatever, has no affect on the end result of a persons choices. I could carve something out of wood and spray paint it, and at twenty feet it would look real enough.

Public peace of mind is a strange way to go with an argument, though. My wife, neighbor, or whoever has an issue with my airsoft guns seems to forget that my other neighbors owns real guns. Legally I might add. Someones unreasonable, uneducated feelings or fears can't be considered. You'd think they'd teach basic gun safety in the school system, lol. It is hard not to laugh when some thug is pointing a gun sideways. We are the airsofters though, so we should explain the dynamics to those closest to us. Same as my father did when my step mother had an issue with real guns. Bright colors don't put peoples minds at ease, knowledge does.

Canada is famous for laws that affect the innocent. Nothing like a big, warm, fuzzy blanket that covers everyone. Of course ruining things for the rest of us, and not deterring idiots or criminals in the slightest. So I said to the police officer "You don't need to look at my airsoft gun, as it's painted bright green. Obviously sir, that means it can't be a real gun". Give me a break, lol. He'd laugh at you while plugging two in your chest. So thank god they brought in that bright color airsoft law. So now when I have to disarm, or shoot someone; it's funny.

This sport has always brought up safety issues, as well as legal ones. Really though, we aren't a threat. I had a women walk up to me and ask if a terrorist could use his airsoft training against military. Lol, really? But all joking aside; we do have a responsibility to respect the law. And continue to promote this sport honorably.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General