Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

game legal

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 12th, 2015, 13:38   #16
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Your fogging/condensation issues would be much worse, and they would start immediately. If you live in a wet air/humid environment, such as the coast or southern Ontario, then fogging is part of life. Things you can do to mitigate or control fogging would be; remove some foam from around your goggle seal to promote airflow, do not have a hat brim or surface covering over or above your eyewear as it'll help trap in moisture, open up the collar of your combat shirt so heat isn't funneled straight up your face.

Any place you play that has insurance will likely require full sealed ballistic or paintball eyewear. Safety rated won't cut it as it illegitimate the insurance. If recommend ballistic eyewear regardless, as any safety rated eyewear, such as ANSI or CSA, says very clearly, that once the lenses are scratched or take a hit that they are no good. That doesn't mean that they won't stop a BB, but the manufacturer won't back them up. So one BB strike equals they go in the trash now.

Don't scew around with your eyes, get proper protective lenses designed to take projectiles continuously. If you're a sweaty/high body heat kind of guy, look into a paintball mask with thermal lenses and fans. Your other alternative is to get a large/non low profile goggle, with good face space and mount a more aggresive fa kit to it.
Old January 12th, 2015, 13:49   #17
J-Man19

If I ever saw someone wearing something like this I'd tell them to put on proper glasses/goggles, after I recovered from laughing so hard.

That is a construction face shield on steroids, designed for use with tools that produce debris (sparks, chips, etc.) not designed for airsoft use.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 14:50   #18
Slodin

if you are that cheap, just go get a cheap ass paintball helmet..probably would fog on you (which is same as thing shit) but it won't break on bb impact..you can buy paintball masks off of craigslist or other sites to get it used and even cheaper

I personally bought a 30 dollars mask before that is in great condition and it's new for 70 dollars..never fogged and great protection.
I see a shit ton of paintball masks for cheap on craigslist in BC right now..

read the Q and A. that thing is not for airsoft..

Last edited by Slodin; January 12th, 2015 at 14:53..
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 17:59   #19
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
read somewhere that z87.1 (minimum rating) is only rated for a single 1 J impact.

z87.1+ covers higher J and multiple impacts.
That's correct and it's in my safety glasses thread
Z87.1 is around 1J, design specifically to protect your face from light particles, sparks, dust, etc. *NOT* designed to stop exploding grinder disks, or exploding bench grinders.

Z87.1+ is around 3J, I had math'd it out simply when I made the thread.
HOWEVER, that's 3J on a steel ball of an unknown weight. So even though it's designed to take 3J of that, it could potentially take a greater impact from a BB due to the fact a BB deforms on impact.
The minimum test rating is not necessarily the minimum rating of the glasses either. They could very well be good to 6J, they're just not guaranteed at 6J.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 18:15   #20
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

yes a product that is marked meets or exceeds the rating of .... will be at the very least able to take the shot from that rating... if it's 87.1 it's not enough, imo. but it can very well be thick enough or strong enough to handle 10J... they just didn't test that said product or paid for it to be tested. which is why they say meets or exceeds.

Frankly if they say say meets or exceeds 87.1 I would go look for nicer. Lowest common denominator is not something worth gambling your eyesight on.

Friend of mine had clone glasses (rated 87.1 or better) deform and touch his eye lid when his glasses took a shot. Granted my friend is a bit more bug eyed than some so it's possible the whole frame just shifted into his protruding eyes, but why take that risk? He went out and ordered milspec stuff in the off season.
Old January 12th, 2015, 18:34   #21
ShelledPants

For the sake of killing this thread cancer. I looked the product up with .5s of google fu.

http://www.honeywellsafety.com/Produ...site=/americas

"Regulations

ANSI Z87+ (High Impact) - Meets ANSI Z87+ (High Impact)
ANSI.Z.87.1/1989, CA 19,069 - Meets ANSI.Z.87.1/1989, CA 19,069 (http://www.mte.gov.br/Empregador/seg...&NOFabricante=)
CSA Z94.3 - Certified to the requirements of CSA Z94.3 standards
"

This should be fine.

That being said. Military eye wear is best. Paintball a close second. Shop glasses (hint hint, this is the one you're suggesting) a distant third.

/thread

PS. That mask would be terrible to shoot in. Don't do it.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 19:45   #22
ThunderCactus

The issue isn't the ballistic protection of the visor, it's the coverage. Still leaves big gaps around your face
Old January 12th, 2015, 19:59   #23
Ricochet

I wore good quality safety glasses for years wothout issue, but here's the problem; they aren't designed to take consecutive hits. Much like a bike helmet or a car seat, once struck or used, they're done. That doesn't mean that they will not or could not take several hits, it's just that you won't know. I have seen safety eyewear crack, break and deform, although rare. Your eyes are worth protecting properly, and taking chances is not a worthwhile investment.
Old January 12th, 2015, 20:29   #24
boogiebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Your fogging/condensation issues would be much worse, and they would start immediately. If you live in a wet air/humid environment, such as the coast or southern Ontario, then fogging is part of life. Things you can do to mitigate or control fogging would be; remove some foam from around your goggle seal to promote airflow, do not have a hat brim or surface covering over or above your eyewear as it'll help trap in moisture, open up the collar of your combat shirt so heat isn't funneled straight up your face.

Any place you play that has insurance will likely require full sealed ballistic or paintball eyewear. Safety rated won't cut it as it illegitimate the insurance. If recommend ballistic eyewear regardless, as any safety rated eyewear, such as ANSI or CSA, says very clearly, that once the lenses are scratched or take a hit that they are no good. That doesn't mean that they won't stop a BB, but the manufacturer won't back them up. So one BB strike equals they go in the trash now.

Don't scew around with your eyes, get proper protective lenses designed to take projectiles continuously. If you're a sweaty/high body heat kind of guy, look into a paintball mask with thermal lenses and fans. Your other alternative is to get a large/non low profile goggle, with good face space and mount a more aggresive fa kit to it.
Appreciate the info Riccochet. my issue is the sweating inside the mask not fogging. IMO the water being trapped in my mask is all due to the seal of my goggles having contact with my forehead, for me thats 90% of wear i sweat from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodin View Post
if you are that cheap, just go get a cheap ass paintball helmet..probably would fog on you (which is same as thing shit) but it won't break on bb impact..you can buy paintball masks off of craigslist or other sites to get it used and even cheaper

I personally bought a 30 dollars mask before that is in great condition and it's new for 70 dollars..never fogged and great protection.
I see a shit ton of paintball masks for cheap on craigslist in BC right now..

read the Q and A. that thing is not for airsoft..

yeah its not about money i have revision dessert locusts with the fan. its more about dealing with the sweat inside the lenses.
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 20:47   #25
ThunderCactus

Why not use a sweat band?
Old January 12th, 2015, 20:54   #26
boogiebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Why not use a sweat band?
i have tried a few and they do work for very limited amounts of time. for me the sweating is so bad that i literally need to walk off the field to take off the goggles and then change the sweat band and come back on.

At this point I am also contemplating a product called sweat block.
Old January 12th, 2015, 20:55   #27
Slodin

Quote:
yeah its not about money i have revision dessert locusts with the fan. its more about dealing with the sweat inside the lenses.
should of mentioned in the thread then.
Well, heard a headband works.

I'm not as sweaty so I rarely have to deal with this.
Old January 12th, 2015, 20:56   #28
Ricochet

Sounds like you need a way for sweat to roll down your face and not get to your lens. Wether that is a sweat band or ridge, etc. Also a way for it to drain in the bottom so it doesn't build up.
Old January 12th, 2015, 21:01   #29
boogiebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Sounds like you need a way for sweat to roll down your face and not get to your lens. Wether that is a sweat band or ridge, etc. Also a way for it to drain in the bottom so it doesn't build up.
this is a very good point. and i did look into things like sweatgutr so that may still be an option.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank