Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

RUST: Grand game idea

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old October 20th, 2015, 01:33   #1
Demogorgon

Thumbs up RUST: Grand game idea

Game synopsis:
Rust is a survival/crafting FPS game where players harvest resources, craft armor, weapons, and other useful items, and build bases all while protecting themselves from radioactive animals and each other. It's a free for all set in a post-fallout wasteland with a few radioactive factories/towns left standing.

Needless to say, I am obsessed with Rust.

Rust is what got me into airsoft. The thrill of hunting and being hunted; hiding, running, building protective structures, all in the great outdoors. I asked myself if there was a way to do it for real, and eventually I found airsoft.

That being said, I am looking to one day set up a big game out in the woods or in some field. Players would have to make alliances before the game starts, and they'd go out, scavenge for water/food, bb bags, and things to build shelters/bases out of (these resources would be scattered). Then they'd either defend their base or raid the other groups' bases. That's pretty much the gist.

Well, what do you guys think? I'm in Mississauga but I'd drive a decent distance if someone could help me set this up somewhere. Finch Field?, Hill 437? Either way, sounds like a great spring/summer event for 2016!

Demogorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 14:33   #2
Covax

I'm just going to be lazy and reprint what I posted on OVA:

Post apocalyptic games can be a ton of fun. You just need to find the right mix of airsoft milsim vs LARPing to set the mood right.

The Op: New Ottawa games run by the Honey Badgers are great fun, though they have the advantage of using the Fallout series as a framework.

There were a couple games planned by other OVA guys that fell through for different reasons. It may be a good idea to team up with them or at least sit down for a coffee/beer and shoot ideas around. Spectre had Op: Pripyat. Helljumper had Neverending Cold / Long Winter. There were also a few on the ASC forums like Last Call & Wasteland Weekend but those guys might be too far out of the valley.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi