Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Why does everyone hate on Skeleton Sidearms?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Closed Thread

Old December 11th, 2012, 22:06   #1
Syphlyn

Question Why does everyone hate on Skeleton Sidearms?

I just purchased my first "decent" quality airsoft gun (Skeleton sidearms ss802 prowler), I'm coming from the "walmart/canadian tire" genre of airsoft guns, and this seems like a really good gun.

Does anyone have this gun? I've read the reviews on buyairsoft.ca but would like more if possible but back to my main point, why does EVERYONE diss the company when honestly their guns seems fairly decent.

Also I think this gun would serve my purposes for buying it. I got it for just CASUAL target shooting and will probably never use it in an actual battle/combat experience as where I live there are no dedicated airsoft playing grounds.

Any insight?

Thanks
Old December 11th, 2012, 22:11   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Because you can get something 20 times better for the same price?

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Old December 11th, 2012, 22:15   #3
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Very poor quality. I owned one way back, sold it dirt cheap.

everything went on mine, though it did preform well for what you are intending but once I carried it in a game everything went to hell, parts started breaking, the slide cracked, etc.
Old December 11th, 2012, 22:16   #4
DC_ACU

MOST people here aren't here for "Casual and target shooting".
They want reliable, long lasting guns that shoot well, and are upgradable, and customizable to any aspect.
Old December 11th, 2012, 22:33   #5
Syphlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ACU View Post
MOST people here aren't here for "Casual and target shooting".
They want reliable, long lasting guns that shoot well, and are upgradable, and customizable to any aspect.
In other words are you saying for my casual shooting at boxes and gel targets it should perform fairly well?

NOTE: I'm not looking for a gun to use at fights and customize just for target practise and good times :P
Old December 11th, 2012, 22:48   #6
Bellerophon

For casual target shooting and otherwise messing around, you can get traditional BB guns firing steel 4.5mm BBs or for more serious target shooting you can get rifled airguns that shoot 4.5mm or .22 lead pellets. These are cheaper and more widely available than airsoft guns, or in the case of rifled airguns, much more accurate. Airsoft guns are simply made to game with, and in that respect Skeleton Sidearms are a step up from Canadian Tire, but generally sub-par compared to the average quality airsoft pistol. Looking at that specific model you bought, there are places in Canada where you could get much better for about the same price.

Last edited by Bellerophon; December 11th, 2012 at 22:55..
Old December 11th, 2012, 22:56   #7
L473ncy

I'm all about that target shooting. At 10 metres you can't beat the grouping of a .177cal/4.5mm with 6mm airsoft. That's a fact. Not only do you have heavier pellets that can be 8 grains or more but they also have a higher muzzle velocity (495 FPS without PAL higher if you have one) they punch through cardboard targets quite nicely and you don't get ricochets like you would with airsoft.

For pistols I recommend Weihrauch. But you can choose what you like; Daisy, Crosman, Beeman, Gamo, Hammerli, etc.
Old December 11th, 2012, 23:35   #8
Andre_1999

Waste of time and money. Look at the KWC 1911 C02, it cost $130. Reliable and cheap
Old December 12th, 2012, 00:24   #9
anthon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphlyn View Post
I just purchased my first "decent" quality airsoft gun (Skeleton sidearms ss802 prowler), I'm coming from the "walmart/canadian tire" genre of airsoft guns, and this seems like a really good gun.

Does anyone have this gun? I've read the reviews on buyairsoft.ca but would like more if possible but back to my main point, why does EVERYONE diss the company when honestly their guns seems fairly decent.

Also I think this gun would serve my purposes for buying it. I got it for just CASUAL target shooting and will probably never use it in an actual battle/combat experience as where I live there are no dedicated airsoft playing grounds.

Any insight?

Thanks
Not that I want to chirp, but if your coming from walmart guns, then you wouldn't know a quality pistol if it smacked you in the face. Just because its heavy, and full metal does not make it a quality pistol. Not for anything, but buyairsoft is prob the last place I would ever buy anything airsoft related....
Old December 12th, 2012, 00:33   #10
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
my buddy "lichking" won one from chi-gun at one of the events. broke within 15 shots.
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:11   #11
DaRkCoMmAnDo

Anthon beat me to saying it. Since you're coming up from Wal-mart/CT you won't know what's good quality. When I started out, I saw a WE 1911 on the classifieds. Full metal, not too expensive. It worked... For a bit. After a month or so problems and lack of parts to fix it became nothing but a paperweight. Then on for me it's TM or bust. (Though I do believe everyone when they say kjw is good). As well, WE has seemingly made their pistols a bit more reliable as of late.
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:24   #12
Syphlyn

Hmm now I don't feel so confident about my purchase. Good god.
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:26   #13
Syphlyn

Anyone have any Positive reviews?

Would be nice to hear some people with decent experiences at least!

Edit: I'm not really interested in pellet guns or anything else, mainly airsoft!

Last edited by Syphlyn; December 12th, 2012 at 01:30..
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:29   #14
Berkut
PinkEagle

To make your life easier. When you really, really waaaanaaa buy something. Don't. Give it few days. Do your research. Then do some more research. Aaaand then think again if you really want it. If, at this point, you still think it's a good buy. Do it. Works for all kinds of things...

G63
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:34   #15
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Skeleton Sidearms "makes" (or rather rebrands/rebadges) some of the worst airsoft guns out there, if you can call them that.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion