Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Would Like To Play Competitively

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 30th, 2012, 20:00   #1
Frankonopolous

Cool Would Like To Play Competitively

Alright so im 17 years old (clearly not age verified), ive been playing airsoft since i was 12, ive always played safely, in controlled areas, i know the rules and regulations by memory, and ive recently joined the CF, i joined the CF, because its something that i love to do, just like airsoft, its my sport, and my favorite hobby, and i take it as serious as rednecks take their beer, i thought it'd be awsome if i can bring what i learn in the CF, to airsoft, this way gettign the best of both worlds, and id like to play competitively, ive already spent close to $1000 on protection and proper equipment, only problem is i have a crappy kitty cat commando 160 FPS, pee-shooter, id love to upgrade but government doesnt pay me enough and AGAIN im 17, course you have all the idiots that ruin airsofting for us, the wannabe losers that buy airsoft guns and go out into the public making us true airsofters look like rage killing nerds, but some are good character and play the sport as a lifestyle, (like me) so im just wondering how in the hell, would i be able to play competitively, if im 17, and cant even purchase myself an airsoft thats half decent, im stuck in a gutter, and it reallllllly sucks!
Frankonopolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 20:04   #2
Danke

Lots of guys in the CF play. I'm sure you'll meet some and can get out to competitive games. Then the rest will follow.
Old April 30th, 2012, 20:15   #3
Frankonopolous

too bad im only 17
Frankonopolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 20:25   #4
Grudge
multitech

17 is not the end of the world. Lots of places to get connected, get involved with other players, learn the ropes. Some groups will have loaner guns for those that they get to know, during organized games.

You can get in touch with : http://www.6cbg.org for some intense Milsim. The MAA : http://mb-airsoft.com for all sorts of things, semi milsim to quick scrims. Cuddy's commandos : http://cuddyscommandos.com/ for under 18 players.

Other teams and groups can be checked out at Trappers place noob day on the 12th: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...light=noob+day

Also check out the MAA open house, this Saturday : http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...maa+open+house
Old April 30th, 2012, 20:26   #5
L473ncy

Isn't Xtreme Tactics 16+?

Also if you're that responsible reach out to the local community and maybe someone will take you under their wing? Prove yourself to be as mature as you say you are then the rest will follow.
Old April 30th, 2012, 22:15   #6
obsolete

#1. Thank you for your service to our country.

#2. I know it sucks to have a dream and have to wait for it to happen, but in the end it makes it worth it. I had to wait until I was 34 to achieve a childhood dream, but it was really cool when I got there.
Old April 30th, 2012, 22:19   #7
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

What do you mean by competitive like shooting competitions? Cause CAPS is that, really cool stuff with sleek upgraded (mostly) TM Hicapas!. Well your gun doesn't need to be upgraded but it helps. Those are ISPC style events.

And then there is milsim, which I wouldn't call competitive but is really groups of airsofters trying to be as mil as they can whilst whining ^^ or in other case not whining and manning up. By the way I just enlisted aswell, hopefully we will meet up someday!

Last edited by Curo; April 30th, 2012 at 22:29..
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 22:59   #8
Ross

Xtreme Tactics will let you play if a legal guardian is present.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:08   #9
Trayne wr3ck

Which regiment did you join (I'm assuming you're a reservist). There's a couple guys at Minto who play. Not to sure about Macgregor but I know there was at least one engineer playing last year.

Edit: Now that I think of it there's definitely at least 1 recce guy i know who was playing last year as well.

Last edited by Trayne wr3ck; May 1st, 2012 at 04:16..
Trayne wr3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:14   #10
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Guess what..

time is linear... and moves forward... you will be 18 in no time... then in time.. you won't be able to remember what it was like to be 18 ....

ahh, 17...
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:25   #11
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankonopolous View Post
too bad im only 17
Less than 12 months to wait is nothing as time flys by so fast these days. You still have a life time ahead of you. Why rush getting old?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:27   #12
Ballcancer

Brian you are still trying to remember what its like to be 30!!

...and yea as for guys in the CF.. I play with 3 or 4 guys that are currently enlisted, full time and reservists, great guys all of them and they definitly bring their skill and experience to the sport in a very positive way!
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:35   #13
Crunchmeister

Lots of soldiers playing airsoft. A good percentage of our local numbers are RMC cadets. Of course, we have other non-RMC CF players as well.
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:07   #14
Ross

"People assume time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint -it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey.....stuff."
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:12   #15
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Two things that are Glaringly in-correct about your Post.
There is no "Competitive" Airsoft I played for two years before I heard someone say " Hey! We Won!" Competition in AirSoft is friendly, beyond that if you are striving to win you may loose too much of the game experience.
The other is that you will bring your Army Training to Airsoft. It ususally works better the other way around. You will have the freedom and opportunity to make many mistakes in Airsoft and you will learn from them faster than the army will provide for. A two way range, is an intimate instructor.
The ASr's don't care that you are in the army and the army doesn't care that you play AS. There is no advantage to mention ee-ther to I-ther.Find the local Winterpeg group of guys and start to pay attention to the games and AARs.
Bring a positive attitude and hit the ground running.
Cheers

and to the point of Time.
"Life is Short,
But it is W i d e "
anonymous
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank