Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PMAGs/EMAGs - Importing

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 30th, 2012, 22:10   #16
RaisinBran

I hate the beta project boxed sets, all the mags are way too easy to jam, the follower always seems to get stuck. It's also a bitch to take out the cap to remove the spring and when you do manage to get the spring out, you have to tape the cap so it stays in place.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 22:16   #17
Jaelommiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
Whoops.

I made a boo-boo. Mine were made by STAR. I'm not familiar with the ones made by Beta Project (if they were ever made by them).
I've been using a set of 10 Emags from Beta Project for a couple months now in my King Arms M4A1. Approximately 5,000 rounds so far without a single misfeed. My friend borrowed them for his KWA M4 and said they were tight in the magwell, but worked. They hold 80-85 BBs at most, but I fill mine to 50. My buddy and I used .25 Bastards.

Yes, they are ABS plastic. Yes, they don't feel great. However, they are dirt cheap and do the job. They also held up decently to moderate abuse (dropping repeatedly onto cement from 3-5 feet) with only a 'lil bit of damage on the exterior.

As far as maintaining them goes, I did nothing other than unwrap them, pile a whack of BBs into them and pop it in the magwell. No lubing, no breaking them in.

It should be noted that the only other experience I've had with Stanag mags is a King Arms high cap and a set of 5 borrowed midcaps (MAG brand?). I'm sure my opinion would be completely different if I were comparing to proper Magpul PTS mags.
Jaelommiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 22:58   #18
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Yeah, the ones I'm looking at aren't the Beta Project ones, they're made by STAR, licensed by Magpul PTS. Hopefully they do the trick. One fellow airsofter (who I'll keep anonymous) is doing me the favor of sending me two free EMAGs (I'm paying for shipping) so I can try them out. Big thanks to him. Given all the testimonial I'm hoping I won't be disappointed. Appreciate all the input guys, I always like to compare other people's experiences when buying new items, I've avoided some bad buys by doing so, so again, thanks.
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:35   #19
Citrus

@OP,

Ehobby carries 75rd P-Mags without that stupid bullet look.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines...een-10pcs.html
Citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:42   #20
drk242

we carry the mags from star
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:16   #21
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

The real deal PTS PMags are the only mags I will trust. They only come in 120rd varieties and not in box sets.

I have not had a problem with VFC, G&P, TM and JG AEGs. The same cannot be said for other "PMags".
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:53   #22
Stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
The real deal PTS PMags are the only mags I will trust. They only come in 120rd varieties and not in box sets.
BINGO!!!

If any of you are concerned that it might get ceased if ordering online, I suggest to check out the Magpul PTS website and click on the official dealer link.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:48   #23
Zack The Ripper

I'm gonna wait for the two free STAR EMAGs I'm getting in the mail. Once I get them I'll test them and give them a go to see how they operate. May even do a stress test on one just to see how durable they are.
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:27   #24
venture

The Star and the Beta Project are both the same thing. They work in some guns and not in others. They are both officially licensed by Magpul, but they are not the genuine PMags / EMags. Please watch this short video: Magpul PTS PMAG Testing in Thailand (1/2) - YouTube

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:02   #25
ViR

I have the Green Label mags and they work fine in my VFC M4, VFC XCR and G&P M4.. Only issue is with XCR, its tough to lock them in, but thats more to do with gun than the mags.
Otherwise never had any feeding issues.. and I roll on the ground all the time, no cracks..
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:13   #26
Zack The Ripper

Nice. Not bad still for a Chinese made mag. It is a high cap as well so they tend to be made a little cheaper. Definitely has me wondering even more now.. I just wish Magpul PTS made boxed set deals themselves for their mags. I need at least 12 of these and don't want to spend the price of an AEG just for mags..
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:16   #27
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTheRipperC View Post
Nice. Not bad still for a Chinese made mag. It is a high cap as well so they tend to be made a little cheaper. Definitely has me wondering even more now.. I just wish Magpul PTS made boxed set deals themselves for their mags. I need at least 12 of these and don't want to spend the price of an AEG just for mags..
Get cheap mags for cheap or higher quality better mags that cost more.

You can't have it both ways.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:25   #28
RaisinBran

The mags are fine when you get them to work. They feed flawlessly in my CA, ICS and JG but do not work in my WE M4, then again none of my mid caps do except the Ares/Star metal midcap.

They can take a beating which is something I like as I tend to drop my mags a lot, I plan to purchase a few of the real pmags and see if they work in my WE hopefully they do though.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:30   #29
Zack The Ripper

Yeah for my WE I just use STANAG mags. I don't have feed issues often though. Some random Chinglish brand too. Only time I get feed issues is if I over load my mags.

Yeah I get what you're saying a out mag price. I'll test those two free EMAGs when they get here and decide from there. I am curious to see if they'll feed in my WE as well.. not that I would use them for that anyways, but curious to see if its just your rifle giving you the problems yhere RaisinBran.
Old October 1st, 2012, 15:01   #30
IggysPiggy

I run my green label pmags in my dsg setup and they feed fast enough to keep up with over 55rps. Have used them a t some point or another in all my guns which is anything from g&p's to a&k's. I have never had a major issue about only thing is sometimes certain mag catches don't catch em it's an easy fix of either replacing the mag catch or filling it down ontop.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion