Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft IED

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 25th, 2011, 22:40   #16
Jcotter

Does it have to cover people and vehicles? Couldn't you just say everything within X radius is hit? If so then you could use anything really. Anything that makes a bang or blankets an area with a material would just be for effect.
Jcotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 23:40   #17
Wantabe_Warrior

How 'bout a tornado grenade (with spoon kit?) duct taped to a base or spike and wire the pin across a choke point or road. Reusable, idiot-resistant, versatile, simple to assemble, and improvised.

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 04:46   #18
Borealis

I would use a CO2 Master Mine, it's typically used for paintball and has plenty of power, so if you replace the balls with baby powder it would make a huge cloud.

Or even better the Spraymore paintball landmine, it's even more powerful: it can spray a liter of paint 25 feet away, and it comes with a remote control.

Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 18:08   #19
ScottMcLeod

Send a message via ICQ to ScottMcLeod Send a message via AIM to ScottMcLeod Send a message via MSN to ScottMcLeod Send a message via Yahoo to ScottMcLeod
... I designed an air powered mortar a few years ago for a special effect with a movie we were doing that would probably be able to be repurposed nicely as an airsoft mine. (basically using exactly the parts that are in that mine.)

Time to go dig up some moving boxes!
ScottMcLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 18:30   #20
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I built some command wire IEDs for an Afghan themed OP I hosted a few years ago, they basically consisted of a funnel shaped container (pvc piping extension and cap) that was filled with dried peas and baby powder. The "boom" came from the charge out of an airbomb firework, detonated electronically via model rocket engine igniter triggered by a clacker switch. The design included an "arm" switch to prevent accidental triggering and worked very well, I got a number of kills by setting it up in natural choke points, with the shape of the device determining the spread of the charge by about 160 degrees vs 360.

If you want pm me and I will send you a diagram with a parts list.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 16:56   #21
WingZER0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Baby powder gets all over your gear and clothing, that would piss me off lol. Why not just bb's with a small smoke shot of some sort somehow. Not sure how id rig that up. Fields that allow pyro id honestly use a bunch of black cats bb's and something that would mock smoke.
As opposed to dirt, mud, feces, and other random shit you get to lie down in playing outdoors. Baby powder by comparison is probably the most benign thing to get into your gear in an average day.
WingZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 17:14   #22
Cico

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZER0 View Post
As opposed to dirt, mud, feces, and other random shit you get to lie down in playing outdoors. Baby powder by comparison is probably the most benign thing to get into your gear in an average day.
I would have to agree .

I am still working out the kinks with the cloud but it looks good so far. and my backyard smells pretty. LOL.
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 17:26   #23
5kull

How about a fire extinguisher? The big red ones you find in old buildings? Most use powder, are non lethal, environmentally safe and pack a wallop. Just the noise will scare the hell out of most people. They are safe to carry around. They can be refilled. They can be made to look like an artillery shell. You would need to create a trigger system, some kind of plunger to push the lower handle.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fire-Extinguisher...#ht_500wt_1156
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 20:19   #24
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
How about a fire extinguisher? The big red ones you find in old buildings? Most use powder, are non lethal, environmentally safe and pack a wallop. Just the noise will scare the hell out of most people. They are safe to carry around. They can be refilled. They can be made to look like an artillery shell. You would need to create a trigger system, some kind of plunger to push the lower handle.

Last that I recall, discharging a fire extinguisher was illegal and finable offence when not done to put out a fire.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 20:22   #25
Cico

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post

have u evere had a fire entingisher go off. makes for hard berathing and tatses like ass
A number of camo players just walked around with guns on their backs or hanging down with no kill indicators on them and expected players to know they are dead. I'm assuming most of these players drive BMW's and refuse to use the indicators because they know where they are going.
Cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 21:18   #26
TheHappy1

Here are some other ideas that could be used.

http://www.instructables.com/id/the-...e-fog-machine/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-A-Net-Gun/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make...fetti-Blaster/

Hope it will help!
TheHappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 21:24   #27
5kull

'Last that I recall, discharging a fire extinguisher was illegal and finable offence when not done to put out a fire.'

Riiight, that's to keep morons from emptying the fire extinguisher in your building. You can discharge your personal fire extinguisher if you feel you need to. I don't think this bylaw applies to Airsoft battlefields? Can you really imagine the police arresting you for discharging a fire extinguisher on an Airsoft field? Hey you dressed as a blackops commando and carrying a machinegun, a pistol and two grenades, drop the fire extinguisher RIGHT NOW! ROFL

'have u evere had a fire entingisher go off. makes for hard berathing and tatses like ass'

evere, entigisher, Berathing and tatses? You should read what you write before posting.

Yes, I received a lot of training in the forces with them, they are harmless unless your very stupid and shoot them at close range directly in the face of your buddy. If you do your buddy will have baking soda in his eyes and mouth and might get some light burns from the CO2 used to shoot the powder out. The same thing is true of the smoke grenades you use on an airsoft field, if you stick it in your buddies face he wont appreciate it. Most fire extinguishers are filled with inert powders like baking soda Any powder, flour, dust, etc will make it hard to breath in an enclosed environment, ever tried staying in a room with a smoke grenade? Now I hope you will have the good sense to use your IED outdoors where there's plenty of air. If your really worried about the baking soda you can always use flour when refilling the extinguisher, the CO2 does all the work, most powders will do.

Jeez come on, Lol, Ruuuun he's got a fire extinguisher, SEND BACKUP, SEND BACKUP, PLEEAAAASE HELP US;P
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion