Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE Open Bolt SCAR Nozzle?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 9th, 2011, 14:10   #1
Fox62
Banned

WE Open Bolt SCAR Nozzle?

What's up with replacement nozzles not being sold? It would look as a very breakable part; mine has nicks and cuts everywhere (there's no functional damage to it, but it's obvious that this part moves a lot and necessarily hits against several things). What happens when it finally breaks? I'm sure there must be other people with the same worry.
Of course, Ross is excluded, since he wants to buy a whole open bolt conversion kit everytime he's short of a part (just messing with you :P).

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 14:38   #2
Ross

LOL. Do you put silicone lube on it?

Honestly, just get another kit. With chinese shipping prices, your already going to be paying a high price. Your going to need another hop up and bolt catch and lower receiver parts just as fast as you'll need this nozzle.

Last edited by Ross; July 9th, 2011 at 14:47..
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 17:14   #3
Fox62
Banned

Doesn't the Super Bolt come with a new nozzle?
Although it sounds a bit insane to run the gun with Steel Bolt + CO2, I mean, they show it with Gas on the videos and it's already recoilling at pretty extreme levels.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 20:43   #4
Ross

No, the steel bolt does not come with a nozzle. I don't use co2 simply for cost reasons. Which sounds ironic coming from the guy trying to convince people to spend extra money. lol. Although it would be nice not to smell cabbage farts when I shoot. But then again, co2 attracts mosquitoes.
Old June 14th, 2012, 22:34   #5
KingLenardee

Hey I was just wondering if they sell the WE Loading Nozzle For SCAR Open Bolt
KingLenardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:16   #6
pinksoda

There is but you need to get Av'ed first. I have an extra one but WE modified it to get through customs. Shoots almost 600 at stock
Old June 18th, 2012, 22:13   #7
KingLenardee

Can buy it off of you when I get av'd ?
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:48   #8
shootersaber

you can but the original nozzle.
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=9430
shootersaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 14:20   #9
KingLenardee

I was wondering that would this go through Canada.
Old December 14th, 2012, 19:36   #10
Trekkie420

This bothers me quite a bit, seeing as it's in the heart of the gun and it's supposedly the piece that receives the most air pressure, why is it made of plastic?

Mine failed yesterday during a game. The pin that pushes the BB into the barrel disappeared, and thus when I pulled the trigger there was no back pressure to reset the firing pin and the magazine emptied itself of CO2.

I've scoured the interweb for a reinforced loading nozzle, and they seem to make them for almost every GBBR but the SCAR. (they made them for the closed bolt, but not the open bolt)

Does anyone know where I can find a reinforced loading nozzle? (open bolt)
or; does anyone know of a very skilled machinist who could fabricate one out of metal? (doubtful)

I'd rather pay a premium to buy a solid one, rather then buy a new nozzle every few months.

Last edited by Trekkie420; December 16th, 2012 at 01:23..
Trekkie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 03:30   #11
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Airsoftparts.ca sells the loading nozzles.
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2423

Also, if you want, you can drill a small hole through the loading part of the loading nozzle and stick/epoxy a metal pin in to reinforce it.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:12   #12
Trekkie420

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoYokoPoco View Post
Airsoftparts.ca sells the loading nozzles.
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2423

Also, if you want, you can drill a small hole through the loading part of the loading nozzle and stick/epoxy a metal pin in to reinforce it.
Good idea, Thanks! I'm definitely going to give that a try.
Old March 27th, 2013, 00:24   #13
GODSPEED|seven

I broke two of these nozzles at the start of 2 games.

When I first got the rifle; I loaded all 4 mags with propane and the proper lubricant, test fired them multiple times each on single and autofire. NO PROBLEMS!

Few days later (October/November 2012); showed up to game with my friends.. sneak sneak sneak.. ok we run up to a firefight, I barely fire off 5 rounds... PSSSHHHHHHHH!!! mag empties it's gas.. ok... well I guessed that maybe happens with GBBR's... load up another mag... but it doesn't fire bb's.. load another mag, same, next mag same... anyways, firefight over, I check my gun... see if it's jammed or something. The pin that pushes the bb's into the chamber: broken.

Order new part a few days later, installed it.. test fired it again, same as before, results come out good.... left the gun sleeping for the winter. Last week show up to game with friends, start adjusting my hop-up before the game starts... 1 mag fires all good.. next mag, after 3 rounds... same story: PSSSHHHH.. mag empties it's propane.. I right away look at the nozzle: broken tip AGAIN!

Both times I tested were indoors, normal room temperature (well ventilated area, for those "worried" about my health)..
Both times I played, temperature was between 5 and 12 degrees. So I am guessing it's much too cold for propane??

I've also been looking for some RA-Tech Aluminium or Steel nozzle with no luck whatsoever.. every other WE seems to have re-inforced parts.. ALL but the open-bolt SCAR.

I'm unsure if I should just keep buying these "plastic 25$+shipping" parts and everytime I fire it; feel like it's an Open-Bolt "SCARE".... or what??

Anyone have any leads or info into some sites offering some re-inforced nozzles?
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 00:22   #14
Batchokookies

Just busted my third one, you're not alone. My SCAR can sit in a corner for all I care, at least until somebody releases a reinforced nozzle. Checked RA-Tech, Azimuth, ect ect... nothing.
KWA P226 PTP X2
VFC/UMAREX MP5A2
Batchokookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:54   #15
GODSPEED|seven

Sorry it happened to you too =\

Yeah, I messaged RA-Tech about it, I figure if they get enough demand, maybe they'll go ahead and make one.

Maybe if you go ahead and contact them too.. actually if anyone with these problems can contact them or something. Who knows, maybe in a couple months they'll unveil a new Aluminium Nozzle (Dream).
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications