Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

any players around southern ontario looking for team?

:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 5th, 2012, 18:08   #1
skater_dude448
*14 years old*

any players around southern ontario looking for team?

Hey, im the team leader for S.O.S. airsoft team, and were looking for new recruits! we currently have 5 members. were looking for 2 support gunners, and 1 more sniper, please contact me over our teams facebook page(http://www.facebook.com/groups/217036195048445/) or over skype(noah.jukes).
Old January 5th, 2012, 18:46   #2
White_knight

i sense trouble

Old January 5th, 2012, 19:09   #3
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Did we not let you know on the first thread you made?

You and your friends on Facebook are too young to play on ASC games, and too young to even join any teams.

Yeah sure, you can have and create your team, but you won't do it here.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Old January 5th, 2012, 20:29   #4
Kladz

Maybe you should start listening to someone from the TPL before some of your own district police go and find you and your gun with your underage identity.

It's just 4 more years, go complete highschool and get into a good university, or get a part time, whatever suits you, then when you are not living off your parents money, come back and enjoy the fun of airsoft.

EDIT: I smell a lock.
Old January 5th, 2012, 20:48   #5
JonsM4

Kids kids......nerf-soft is the way to go for your age. Look at how COOL they look with nerf guns.
Old January 5th, 2012, 20:51   #6
JonsM4

And check this tactic out for your 5 elite members:
"2 Defenders, armed with weapons with heaps of ammo, (Raider, Stampede, etc)
2 scout, light, fast weapons, (Magstrike, Maverick, etc)
1 heavy, huge weapons, heaps of firepower. (Titan, Stampede, RF20)"
Old January 5th, 2012, 21:45   #7
MaciekA

Today's younger teenagers are sophisticated connoisseurs of firearms via Internet/Media/games/etc. There is simply no way you guys are going to convince this group of guys to turn back from airsoft guns.

I am starting to disagree with this strategy of driving underage players underground. It's too late. They have their weapons. We should be mentors and not dismissive jackasses who tell them to go play Nerf or paintball. It won't work. We're creating accidents waiting to happen.

If the GTA/Hamilton areas can manage to mentor and welcome in younger players under the umbrella of adult accompaniment, those of you in vicinity of this group of players (Ottawa/whatever) are going to have to follow suit and deal with this sort of crap more strategically.. You're not going to close the floodgates with clever posts.

Now you know

Old January 5th, 2012, 21:51   #8
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

MaciekA, I understand fully and see what you mean, but I'd have to disagree and it comes down to a few things.

First off, I'd rather not be around 14 year olds as their parents would most likely look at the chance to drop them off and fuck off for a few hours, leaving us as baby sitters.

secondly, search for "atreyu" in the forums and you'll know why none of us want to approach this mentoring idea.
Old January 5th, 2012, 22:05   #9
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
MaciekA, I understand fully and see what you mean, but I'd have to disagree and it comes down to a few things.

First off, I'd rather not be around 14 year olds as their parents would most likely look at the chance to drop them off and fuck off for a few hours, leaving us as baby sitters.

secondly, search for "atreyu" in the forums and you'll know why none of us want to approach this mentoring idea.
Yeah, I see it your way too. It's an awkward situation. I'm torn between the prospect of these crazy immature bastards running around creating legal nightmares for us and the possibly more terrible prospect of having to baby-sit them. Sometimes it works out.. but ... I guess the idea won't scale. The only other option is to somehow firewall our community from the legal liabilities and fires that will be set by children over the next while.

Now you know

Old January 5th, 2012, 22:06   #10
FreelancerInc

Quote:

i do agree on both parts, however that is why there are teams/places that allow the more mature teenagers. sadly some ruin it for hundreds more that should be given the opportunity
Old January 5th, 2012, 22:13   #11
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
Today's younger teenagers are sophisticated connoisseurs of firearms via Internet/Media/games/etc. There is simply no way you guys are going to convince this group of guys to turn back from airsoft guns.

I am starting to disagree with this strategy of driving underage players underground. It's too late. They have their weapons. We should be mentors and not dismissive jackasses who tell them to go play Nerf or paintball. It won't work. We're creating accidents waiting to happen.

If the GTA/Hamilton areas can manage to mentor and welcome in younger players under the umbrella of adult accompaniment, those of you in vicinity of this group of players (Ottawa/whatever) are going to have to follow suit and deal with this sort of crap more strategically.. You're not going to close the floodgates with clever posts.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
Yeah, I see it your way too. It's an awkward situation. I'm torn between the prospect of these crazy immature bastards running around creating legal nightmares for us and the possibly more terrible prospect of having to baby-sit them. Sometimes it works out.. but ... I guess the idea won't scale. The only other option is to somehow firewall our community from the legal liabilities and fires that will be set by children over the next while.
I do admire your enthusiasm but unfortunately the ratio of responsible underage players are far outnumbered by the CS, MOH joystick jockeys and some clearly have no business being anywhere near anything that resemble a gun, in the past I have seen teams make exception allowing and mentoring underage players that have shown enough responsibility and maturity as an individual, with the blessing of the parental unit and understanding of rules and consequences of what will happen if those rules are broken that they are allowed to participate. That is a very rare thing now.
Old January 5th, 2012, 22:17   #12
TaroBear

Why is it so hard for kids to wait nowadays? When I first became aware of airsoft and began lurking the forums, the only person who posted in this thread and had an account was Wildcard (maybe Daiviet was new back then). I wasn't around trying to circumvent the rules. I just read and researched. OP is closer in age to those kids in the joke picture than my own age, and I'm a whippersnapper compared to most of you. I was pretty bummed out when I was a child that I couldn't drive. I didn't try to own a car anyway. Airsoft is no different.
Old January 5th, 2012, 23:01   #13
HackD

Ok, a mild brainwave just ran through me.. it was almost painless.

If you can't beat them, and at the same time, we can't have the untamed masses wreaking havoc on field as if the flood-gates were opened .. perhaps discussion towards coming to a compromise solution may be found?

Having gone through it 25 years ago myself, perhaps as good as any model would be the cadet corps (air, sea, army, whatever) to follow. While i understand that the cadets have long been pussified since my time, any organization modelled after it in terms of discipline, organization, or the right of the participant to leave/piss off if they don't agree with it, doesn't necessarily have to suffer the same PC fate of the cadets, in recent years.

I don't really agree with 13 year olds participating in this sort of organized activity - they are still in their formative period of development - physically as well as mentally. However.. i can certainly remember being a 15-16 year old on the range with plenty of other 15-16 year olds, and shouldering God's Hammer aka the FN-C1A1 under very close supervision of both my older peers, as well as the cadet corps officers. It worked then, it could work now. The difference between the cadets, and potentially us, is that the cadet organization currently answers to (and panders to) military tutelage under government control - and are swayed by whiney parents who want it their way. We answer to no one (after a Police background check, if necessary), but ourselves.

It could be made to work - but entirely upon the terms of the organizers - and not to any freaking parents that would consider it a glorified baby-sitting service - I would not have any tolerance for that, as I've opted out of larvae-raising in my life, for a reason... anyone's child steps out of line, or decides not to play according to rules, then it's considered a permanent, voluntary opt-out, and they get to wait on the bench for mommy and daddy, never to return. We would have the power, the control, and the ability to say NO.

As for games currently being played in the GTA-Hamilton area - i have seen some limited underage participation involved on the field that i've attended - i haven't entirely agreed with it, but i don't entirely disagree with it either - the problems arise when the underager's are left to their own devices. My own ability to participate in events in the coming year is going to be extremely limited - the spirit is willing, but the body is going to be extremely weak due to up-coming major surgery. It was the same deal with last season also - i participated as a form of physical therapy. Perhaps my participation in the events i attend would be better suited to mentoring as best as i can, when the opportunity arises.

Just putting the thoughts out there.

Last edited by HackD; January 5th, 2012 at 23:07..
Old January 5th, 2012, 23:02   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I'm with MaciekA on this, it's not a simple issue, but it's also not so clear cut that everyone can or should be turned away.

They may not be able to get guns, fields may not allow them to play due to insurance, some of them might be annoying, some of them might smell, some of them expect to be babysat...but that's no reason to turn ALL of them away now because they'd never come back in the future... hell, minus guns and fields, there are some adults who play that are annoying, smell, and need babysitting.

I'd say more, but I'd be wasting my time and effort as the people that would benefit the most from the text wouldn't read it anyways.
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:36   #15
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
As a host, a parent and an occasional player.

->Host me...I have no interest in taking on the liability for a minor other than ones I spawned myself.

->Parent me...I love my kids, the rest of yours well that's your headache.

->Player me...I get maybe 3-8 times a year to go out and play. a day without kids, wife or other responsibilities. This is my time to hang with my friends, catch up on things and shoot. If I wanted to be around children that day, I would have stayed home. *

*keep in mind there will always be exceptions to this through vetting and personal experiences with some.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General