Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

First Line Kit Gallery - drop legs/rigger's belts, etc

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 18th, 2012, 13:12   #16
Smurf

Send a message via MSN to Smurf
wow there are a lot of really good looking belt setups. I've started to put mine together with an H harness and a duty belt. i'm thinking of running 2 m4 mags and 2 pistol mags with my serpa holster. does anyone know of a good serpa holster for a sig p226 that will go on a belt?

thx Smurf

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 15:47   #17
Ballcancer

dont get the knock off ones man.. just fork up the extra 20 bucks and get a real one. The come with a paddle and a belt mount that is meant for duty belts. The real ones are wayyyy better than any knock off.
Old March 18th, 2012, 20:34   #18
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Stay away from the Serpa

http://www.kyledefoor.com/2012/02/no...y-classes.html

Get yourself some kydex:

- http://gonetraining.blogspot.ca/
- http://jmcholsters.com/
- http://www.ravenconcealment.com/
Old March 18th, 2012, 20:37   #19
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
never had an issue. I could shoot it off in my holster...i will live.
Old March 18th, 2012, 21:27   #20
Smurf

Send a message via MSN to Smurf
ya i took a look at the other ones and for the price its not worth it for airsoft the serpa would do just find.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 00:05   #21
Ballcancer

It's not that it would discharge in your holster... The problems that people are having aside of the locking mech jamming .. Is that when they draw the weapon under stress their fingers end up right on the trigger and the weapon discharges then. I have been using one for three years now (airsoft only) and have never had this problem... But then again I wouldn't put any ofmy use in the stress category either that includes use at games.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:56   #22
SINN

i know exactly when they tend to go off and that is what I am saying. even if it did in my holster, I am not going to die. used one for years for airsoft and never had an issue or the rush of stress like you say. I think they work great for airsoft.
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:55   #23
m102404
Tys

+1

I've used one for years in AS as well...chest mounted, belt mounted, rig mounted, etc... I've never had it go off because of stuff in the holster, the mechanism, the gun, my finger, etc. And even if it did...nobody is going to bleed.

Re. "practicing for real life"...I suppose so, but the vast majority of guys airsofting that's not applicable.

Re. how much to put on your belt...if you're running a gas rifle, 2 rifle mags + 2 pistol mags tend to get pretty heavy. Getting them mounted so they don't stab you in the short ribs is key too.

The serpa + molle adaptor is not bad...takes up a lot of molle columns though. If you're just running a duty belt then be sure to get a really good stiff one...and then simply use the "normal" belt loop adapator (vs. the paddle attachment). Once you have it on you're not going to want to thread it on/off...
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 12:57   #24
Ballcancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINN View Post
i know exactly when they tend to go off and that is what I am saying. even if it did in my holster, I am not going to die. used one for years for airsoft and never had an issue or the rush of stress like you say. I think they work great for airsoft.

I think they work great for real steel to, just need to properly train with them.
Old March 19th, 2012, 14:23   #25
SINN

exactly!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 15:03   #26
Rush
formerly Medix

Hey, what do you guys recommend for M4 mag pouches on your first lines?
I'm currently looking at picking up an ATS war belt, and running my SERPA, Med Kit, Dump Pouch, and two pouches to hold M4 Mags. I have looked at the BFG 10 Speed double mag pouch and the Fastmag but I'm not sure which is better, or if any other pouches would be a better option. I like the idea of the 10-speeds but I'm just worried I will lose a mag while running around/crawling. PTW mags aren't cheap, and I would rather not have to worry about them popping out :P
Old July 2nd, 2012, 16:54   #27
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Never had a problem with my serpa either. Much more secure as well with the auto lock. When you depress the release button your finger is automatically straight and off the trigger.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Last edited by tygr701; July 2nd, 2012 at 17:00..
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 19:44   #28
White_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Hey, what do you guys recommend for M4 mag pouches on your first lines?
I'm currently looking at picking up an ATS war belt, and running my SERPA, Med Kit, Dump Pouch, and two pouches to hold M4 Mags. I have looked at the BFG 10 Speed double mag pouch and the Fastmag but I'm not sure which is better, or if any other pouches would be a better option. I like the idea of the 10-speeds but I'm just worried I will lose a mag while running around/crawling. PTW mags aren't cheap, and I would rather not have to worry about them popping out :P
i ran hsgi tacos on my belt for a while, that would be my pick. i carried WE m14 mags on my belt which id imagine are a bit heavier then ptw mags and never once had a problem.

the pros are that they are universal (unlike the fast mag), open top for fast mag swaps, rigid for faster and easier reloading, and offer great retention which is also adjustable.

the cons are that they are a bit pricier compared to some, and that some times they can be an absolute bitch to install. overall i tried a few options but those are the ones i like the most and have worked the best.

the problem i see with the BFG is that when you pull your mag, the space goes flat. so when you want to put that mag back after you have reloaded, you can't really put it back one handed. you have to reach across your chest rig / vest with one hand and hold it open with the other. and that gets annoying quick, especially if you have to do it while under fire or during a lull in play.

hope you find the right ones for you.
PS: still think you should have gone with the PIG for a plate carrier, its awesome.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 20:05   #29
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

I just ran both Tacos and the Eagle FB MOLLE pouch today and have to say I prefer the Eagles much more. The opening on the Eagle pouch was rigid enough where I didn't have to look and ID the pouch before re-inserting the mag, whereas the Taco, I sort of had to angle the mag a certain way so that the opening would be more cooperative to re-inserting a mag.

The Eagle pouches are also far more quiet than the Tacos, but the only detractor from the Eagles is that they will only fit M4 mags, and pretty much nothing else.

Last edited by Stealth; July 2nd, 2012 at 20:42..
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 20:53   #30
Rush
formerly Medix

Ah, so I looked up the tacos and they look fairly good, as well as the eagle. Any experience with the ESSTAC M4 KYWI Wedge pouches?
Also, do you guys run Lanyards for your side arms?

@White_knight, I went for the APC because of budget restraints. The PIG was just a bit too much for me to spend right before going back to school and a wedding.

Last edited by Rush; July 2nd, 2012 at 22:16..
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion