Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking to startup

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 20th, 2012, 20:02   #1
Cole12

Looking to startup

So i have a decent budget, around 400$. I already have proper clothing and eye ware so all i am worried about is buying a good gun. I have done some reading but haven't found anything yet.

What im looking for is something generic like a m4 that is reliable out of the box and preferably metal.

If someone could post a link of a reliable gun being sold in canada that would be really helpful!

and just so you are aware 400$ is the budget for the gun i have more money kicking around for ammo and extra batterys ect just looking to get a solid gun for about 400 and play from there.

Last edited by Cole12; May 20th, 2012 at 20:16..
Cole12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 20:16   #2
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

First get age verified. Then buy a King Arms M4A1 for about $330. The remaining money can be put towards a battery and charger. Then you'll just need a few bucks for more magazines.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 20:20   #3
L473ncy

I highly recommend Airsoft Gear for your gear and accessory needs. Lipo battery + lipo smart charger can be had for about $50-60 from them. Batteries and chargers are on order at the moment and I was told by the staff there they'll arrive within the next 4 days or so depending on customs checking and releasing their shipment.

Gun you'll spend ~$350 for a full metal barebones King Arms M4 or if you want something a bit more you could go VFC but best price for performance for a starter is the King Arms.
Old May 20th, 2012, 20:20   #4
Cole12

considering i registered today getting age verified is probably going to take a month however i have pmed someone nearby so that should be done soon i hope. Also where is a good online site to purchase the m4, i cant seem to find any that look reliable. Thanks for the help!
Old May 20th, 2012, 20:30   #5
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole12 View Post
considering i registered today getting age verified is probably going to take a month however i have pmed someone nearby so that should be done soon i hope. Also where is a good online site to purchase the m4, i cant seem to find any that look reliable. Thanks for the help!
Its great you have taken steps to get age verified. On ASC we enforce a strict 18+ limit before being given information on where to purchase guns.

AV process does not usually take a month.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 20:40   #6
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

+1 for the King Arms M4A1.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 21:17   #7
Cole12

Alright well here are the specs of two different KA m4 guns i found

King Arms Blackwater BW15 Carbine Airsoft AEG Rifle 350$

Fully Licensed Blackwater Trademarks by Cybergun
Full Metal Construction
Full Metal Free Float Front End
Full Metal Rails for Tactical Accessories
Stippled TAC Grip
Tactical Stock with Storage Compartment
Magpul PTS 360rd Hi-Cap Pmag
Flip-up Front and Rear Battle Sights
Railed Flat Top Receiver perfect for optics

Length: 880mm-965mm, Adjustable
Weight: 3040g
Magazine Capacity: 360rd Hi-Capacity PMAG. Compatible with Matrix, G&G, Tokyo Marui and other similar M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG Magazines
Muzzle Velocity: 340~390 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
Gearbox: Ver 2 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable
Motor: Long Type
Fire Modes: Semi/Full-Auto, Safety
Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Manual
Battery: 9.6v Butterfly Type recommended (Battery not included)
Hopup: Yes, Adjustable

King Arms Blackwater BW15 CQB Airsoft AEG Rifle 390$

Features:
Fully Licensed Blackwater Trademarks by Cybergun
Full Metal Construction
Full Metal RIS Front End
Stippled TAC Grip
Magpul PTS MOE Stock
Magpul PTS 360rd Hi-Cap Pmag
Flip-up Front and Rear Battle Sights
Railed Flat Top Receiver perfect for optics
Included PEQ Battery Box (Battery not included)

Length: 720mm-805mm, Adjustable
Weight: 2720g
Magazine Capacity: 360rd Hi-Capacity PMAG. Compatible with Matrix, G&G, Tokyo Marui and other similar M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG Magazines
Muzzle Velocity: 320~350 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
Gearbox: Ver 2 Full Metal, Fully Upgradeable
Motor: Long Type
Fire Modes: Semi/Full-Auto, Safety
Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Manual
Battery: 9.6v PEQ-15 Type recommended (Battery not included)
Hopup: Yes, Adjustable

aside from a minor price differential (40$) they both seem like great weapons. I am not sure which one would be best though, any thoughts?
Old May 20th, 2012, 21:55   #8
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Thats sorta like asking which flavour of ice cream is better lol IF your planning on playing in CQB ( close quarter battles) more than buy the shorter barrel, If you plan on playing more woods get the long gun ( in my opinion)
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 00:46   #9
Cole12

thanks for the insight i thought there could have been a good mechanical reason to get one over the other
Old May 21st, 2012, 00:56   #10
White_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole12 View Post
you could also try asking at the panther games, iv been out every weekend these past two months. just have your id on you

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 00:59   #11
L473ncy

As for the longer length vs shorter not necessarily.....

Generally longer barrel (holding all else equal) is better I'm not going to argue that but it's minor at the end of the day. Pick something that's a "good size" for you. If you're a big 6'4" rugby player a small CQB-R is going to feel like a toy in your hands, conversely if you're a scrawny 5'6" guy a full sized M16 with a fixed A1 buttstock is going to be generally unwieldly.

Also hop up considerations make more of a difference than barrel length. You could have a 550mm barrel but with a crappy stock bucking and chamber it's not going to out range a stock TM MP5 with say a prommy bucking and neo chamber.

EDIT: Also, if you're in the Richmond area. At Airsoft Gear, Optix the owner will take down your AV info for you if you want to get AV'ed there and you can check out their cool toys as well. Or just show up to a game, I think your local crew will be Central Island Airsoft (seems like the forum is defunct but I believe they organize their games on Facebook now or something?)

Last edited by L473ncy; May 21st, 2012 at 01:02..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:16   #12
White_knight

oops i read the location too quick. for some reason i just saw the c and thought Coquitlam.
yeah panther might be a bit of a trip. disregard my input

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:17   #13
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Internally (mechanically) both of those guns should be identical (King Arms version 2 gearbox and parts). The only real differences are the externals. The CQB version being better for tight quarters and the carbine version being more of a multi role weapon. The Carbine length weapon is a hybrid in between a full length battle rifle (M16 for use in long distance engagements) and a shorter barrelled weapon good for CQB combat. The idea is that the carbine is good for both applications but doesn't excel at either.

The other main difference is that the CQB version has no onboard battery storage, it's "wired to the front" and will require you to use a peq box to conceal the battery. The carbine version is "wired to the rear" and will allow you to stow your battery in the butt stock.

Last edited by Kozzie; May 21st, 2012 at 01:20..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:27   #14
Cole12

thanks for the advice. Also ill try getting in contact with Central island airsoft too
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank