Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 19th, 2017, 23:03   #1006
The Phoenix Reborn

I recently got myself a WE G17 (Gen 4) because I could not for the life of me find a TM G17.

With regards to the upgrade parts listed in this amazing post, I was wondering how many (If any) of them are compatible with the WE G17, particularly the Gen 4 version? I've been looking to see if I could eventually change things like the slide and the inner-barrel and perhaps putting on one of these attachments (https://www.evike.com/products/54251/) so that I could place a mock-silencer / tracer on mine, but I don't want to go and get myself a bunch of parts that won't fit.
The Phoenix Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:28   #1007
tiger111

Hi The Phoenix Reborn you can find the G18C available at www.airsoftglobal.com for @ $180US

tiger111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:15   #1008
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phoenix Reborn View Post
I recently got myself a WE G17 (Gen 4) because I could not for the life of me find a TM G17.

With regards to the upgrade parts listed in this amazing post, I was wondering how many (If any) of them are compatible with the WE G17, particularly the Gen 4 version? I've been looking to see if I could eventually change things like the slide and the inner-barrel and perhaps putting on one of these attachments (https://www.evike.com/products/54251/) so that I could place a mock-silencer / tracer on mine, but I don't want to go and get myself a bunch of parts that won't fit.
You can fit and swap most of the TM upgrade parts to a WE Glock. I've done a couple that if you check this thread or the Pistol pictures that you'll see.

I have also done TM ones though and I find the TM is much easier to work with and the end product is just better performing.
Old December 15th, 2017, 22:01   #1009
The Phoenix Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
You can fit and swap most of the TM upgrade parts to a WE Glock. I've done a couple that if you check this thread or the Pistol pictures that you'll see.

I have also done TM ones though and I find the TM is much easier to work with and the end product is just better performing.
Nice. It's good to know that at the very least I'll be able to work with the WE Glock until I can get my hands on a TM in the future.

I recently acquired a Gunsmodify Trigger for my WE G17 and was wondering if anyone has had experience installing one of 2016 versions before?

Specifically, for mine, the adjustment screw is actually on the back of the trigger rather than at the front and I'm having trouble figuring out how to adjust this as I've only been able to find tutorials for the other style trigger where the adjustment screw goes in from the front.

Adjustment Screw in the Rear

Adjustment Screw in the Front

Cheers!
The Phoenix Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 01:08   #1010
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phoenix Reborn View Post
Nice. It's good to know that at the very least I'll be able to work with the WE Glock until I can get my hands on a TM in the future.

I recently acquired a Gunsmodify Trigger for my WE G17 and was wondering if anyone has had experience installing one of 2016 versions before?

Specifically, for mine, the adjustment screw is actually on the back of the trigger rather than at the front and I'm having trouble figuring out how to adjust this as I've only been able to find tutorials for the other style trigger where the adjustment screw goes in from the front.

Adjustment Screw in the Rear

Adjustment Screw in the Front

Cheers!
Set it by eye, test fit and check function. Remove, adjust, and test again till it's right.
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:01   #1011
DonRichie

hello guys i have a g18c and i got a guarder slide, now the extractor pin wont fit and theres nothing to hold it in place, if i hold it in place the bbu wont get in, only when alittle bit out, anyone had those 7075 slides?
DonRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2018, 18:05   #1012
zReaperAssassin

Arrow

Has anybody heard about the UAC shutting down rumour?? I loved their parts, my glock is pretty well all UAC :P, but if they are I was considering getting some spare parts and maybe even some upgrade ones. Any truth to this and would it be worth it to possibly get the UAC Hammer & Sear, plus the UAC trigger and hammer housings?
Old March 4th, 2018, 16:30   #1013
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zReaperAssassin View Post
Has anybody heard about the UAC shutting down rumour?? I loved their parts, my glock is pretty well all UAC :P, but if they are I was considering getting some spare parts and maybe even some upgrade ones. Any truth to this and would it be worth it to possibly get the UAC Hammer & Sear, plus the UAC trigger and hammer housings?
The UAC hammer and sear combo is total bullcrap. The ones that i ordered could not simply lock the sear/hammer hooks together. I’ve had to modify my set accordingly. I ended up destroying three sets to find the right measurements. Evetually i opted not to use the UAC kit at all.

There are better hammer kits out there.
The trigger is fine. But get a good trigger bar. Trouble is, the sear-to-trigger bar hooks are crap on the UAC sear. So you MAY need to adjust that contact point.

Dunno about the rumours. I’ve been out of the airsoft loop for quite sometime.
Old January 31st, 2019, 11:23   #1014
tiger111

Make sure you blowback the slide first.
tiger111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications