Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Dropped my KWA vector...

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 20th, 2016, 21:42   #1
Estrela

Dropped my KWA vector...

I put my vector on a ledge and the ledge itself fell down. Freak accident but basically the stock was extended and a piece of the frame attacked the stock. I tried putting this piece back with glue as shown in picture (after asking canadian tire rep the strongest bond possible) waited 24 hours as instructed and it basically did not work. Do you guys have any instructions for bonding polymer airsoft parts back together. Once I bond it the folding stock will clip in and out no problem it just needs to be a super strong bond.

thanks for any help. if you are in mississauga/toronto and can fix this i will be happy to pay if needed if its impossible to fix myself. the gun shoots fine and is in amazing condition I think it fell on the end of the buttstock then landed on the metal picatinny. Functions of gun are fine just this piece
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4461.JPG (525.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4455.JPG (416.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4462.JPG (446.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4465.JPG (564.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4459.JPG (451.7 KB, 39 views)
Estrela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2016, 22:19   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Try JB weld plastic weld, but I can almost guarantee no glue is going to provide the adhesion you need. Also, you've already glued it, so even the perfect glue won't work now.

You're going to need a new receiver.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2016, 22:21   #3
RainyEyes

The way that the locking mechanism works on that stock will not be fixed using epoxy that way. Too much stress is placed on that joint with too little adhesive placed on that broken piece.

The only way i can see to repair it using existing parts is to saturate and fill the inside part with the epoxy to increase the surface area that the broken part can latch onto. Then you dremel/sand out the hole so that it locks into place. Tedious and not guaranteed to work, but not impossible.

Recommendation 1:
Use JB Weld and epoxy the broken tab together with the folding stock together. Longevity not guaranteed due to vibrations of the folding mechanism.

Recommendation 2:
Get a M4 buffer tube adapter and JB weld the broken part along with the adapter so that it is fixed into place.

E.g. http://numonster.com/images/step01.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Try JB weld plastic weld, but I can almost guarantee no glue is going to provide the adhesion you need. Also, you've already glued it, so even the perfect glue won't work now.

You're going to need a new receiver.

It appears that the KV's upper is completely one piece... would definitely inquire about getting the upper replaced.

Last edited by RainyEyes; November 20th, 2016 at 22:28..
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2016, 13:04   #4
Estrela

Thanks for help. Do you know anyone I can get to do this ? I am located in mississauga. Should i contact KWA? Thanks so much for help. Also should I immediately scrape off all existing glue?
Old November 21st, 2016, 13:06   #5
Kingsix

Moment of silence for this poor soul that dropped a discontinued gun and needs a new part.
Old November 21st, 2016, 13:08   #6
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Moment of silence for this poor soul that dropped a discontinued gun and needs a new part.
F

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2016, 13:29   #7
Rydock

Quote:
F
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2016, 13:45   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
You dun fucked up son.

I'm sure KWA has parts for the KV still, but not a receiver. - Best bet is to call KWAUSA and see waddup.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2016, 15:33   #9
Estrela

FML first game too
Old November 21st, 2016, 15:41   #10
Kwokwai

Send a message via ICQ to Kwokwai Send a message via MSN to Kwokwai Send a message via Yahoo to Kwokwai
I read a review a long time ago that one US-based airsofter was able to replace with a real-steel body but it required a little bit of work as the dimensions for some of the switches was a little different. You might want to do a google-search to see if you can find more info on that.
Kwokwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2016, 15:54   #11
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwokwai View Post
I read a review a long time ago that one US-based airsofter was able to replace with a real-steel body but it required a little bit of work as the dimensions for some of the switches was a little different. You might want to do a google-search to see if you can find more info on that.
Importing the real steel body would be one hell of a uphill fight through customs.
Old November 21st, 2016, 20:36   #12
Kwokwai

Send a message via ICQ to Kwokwai Send a message via MSN to Kwokwai Send a message via Yahoo to Kwokwai
Quote:
Importing the real steel body would be one hell of a uphill fight through customs.
Very possibly true but I don't believe that the polymer body shell was serialized so there's hope... not ver high hope, but hope...
Kwokwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:26   #13
RainyEyes

https://youtu.be/7QgocCpvdTQ

This is just an FYI to anyone who decides to try epoxy, stick with JB weld please.

That lepage stuff doesn't seem to want to harden and actually eats at the polymer plastic. I just spent a good 2 hours treating it with a mix of soap, acetone, and alcohol...

Here it is... being welded back after i've drilled a few holes.

This shit should be in morbid because i may have just destroyed this thing but i won't know until it's done.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 14:01   #14
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

If it burned the plastic you'll have to cut those parts off. Cant restore it, especially not with acetone.
And the more glue you have between the two broken pieces, the weaker the bond will be.
Like I said before, after having used the wrong glue the first time, you've pretty well blown any shot of gluing it back together. Not that you had a very good chance of fixing it with glue in the first place.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 15:19   #15
Datawraith

Well, after the crack without any attempted repairs, I'd have said JB weld had a decent chance (that stuff is crazy strong). Now with the epoxy and weakened frame from it... Good luck.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner