Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

007 SRC Guns

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 24th, 2011, 23:13   #166
StrikeFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC View Post
Not for civilians means that they are classified as replica firearms and are prohibited for import, unless you have a prohibited goods permit. But, this permit isn't issued to civilians, hence these products are not for civilians.

Basically in Canada,

A replica Airsoft gun is only legal for import if it shoots a 0.2g 6mm BB within 407-785FPS. At this range they are classified as uncontrolled firearms.

If it shoots under this range, it's a replica firearm, and is prohibited.

If it shoots above this range, it's a controlled firearm and you need a PAL and firearm registration.

For more legality info, please see www.007airsoft.com/legality.htm

Ken
So this is why guns are shipped with a M140 shooting at 450FPS? I know SRC internals are of quality parts, but such a strong spring isn't necessarily to prove anything. This essentially means that every customer must dissemble their new gun down into the gearbox and swap the spring in order to play at any fields across Canada.

Meanwhile, any news on a Gen 4? It's like buying an iPhone 3GS only to realize that two months later the iPhone 4 comes out.

Edit: According to SRC website, there's really no such thing as Gen 3 Pro. The only differences, as advertised by 007, are the full metal receiver, 6.03mm tightbore and the M140 spring. Clearly the spring upgrade (from the original 330FPS) was made, possibly by the manufacturer, so that these guns can be imported into Canada. But Ken, is the tightbore really different than the previous Gen 3's 6.05mm?

Last edited by StrikeFreedom; February 24th, 2011 at 23:41..
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 23:27   #167
BallsOfSteel
I think it's because it essentially makes it an airgun, which are legal in full black and can be bought without a license, like the ones at canadian tire.
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:19   #168
StrikeFreedom

I'm interested in the M4 SD and got some questions. How long of an inner barrel can I fit in there without having it protrude out the silencer? IIRC the Gen 3 cylinder is non-ported, and if this applies to this SD model it would be beneficial to install a longer inner barrel to reduce the slamming of the piston head against the cylinder head right? However I don't want to install one that's too long and induce the barrel suck effect. Thanks
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:53   #169
THe_Silencer

Most M4s that are standard carbine length (14.5 inch outer barrels) will have 360ish inners. Inners will vary accordingly to the length of the outer barrel.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:47   #170
MultipleParadox

I've skimmed through this thread so it might have been stated and I missed it, but I don't think so: I still don't understand the "not for civilian" thing on 007... Most retailers sell these guns anyways to "anyone" (18+) already, so why not 007?

I've read and understand the /legality.html page and stuff, but still...? It almost looks like 007 is selling only the other guns and listing some other AEGs they won't sell, what gives?

MP
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:56   #171
Justinh789

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC View Post
Not for civilians means that they are classified as replica firearms and are prohibited for import, unless you have a prohibited goods permit. But, this permit isn't issued to civilians, hence these products are not for civilians.

Basically in Canada,

A replica Airsoft gun is only legal for import if it shoots a 0.2g 6mm BB within 407-785FPS. At this range they are classified as uncontrolled firearms.

If it shoots under this range, it's a replica firearm, and is prohibited.

If it shoots above this range, it's a controlled firearm and you need a PAL and firearm registration.

For more legality info, please see www.007airsoft.com/legality.htm

Ken
There you go. Try skimming a little harder next time.
Justinh789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 13:22   #172
MultipleParadox

@Justin:

I know all that, read all that. Still doesn't makes sense on why he would list guns he "can't" sell according to this, ain't it?

Or I'll give you an exemple with this link, where it's clearly stated it register at 380fps (there's a ton of these) so it's technically prohibited ... so what am I missing here?

MP
Old March 4th, 2011, 13:29   #173
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
FPS only matters for importation purposes.
Also, do more research.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 14:56   #174
MultipleParadox

Guys, if you are to put partial answer to what I consider a legitimate question, please just don't, at least out of respect.

And note that since day 1 of my registration to this forum, which is only a month ago, I've probably spent at least 2 hours per day on these forums reading whatever I could read, to the point my GF was getting upset of me always being in here So I'm not some guy that didn't do his homeworks...

I think I could do without that condescension, just like anyone else I guess. Now if your intention wasn't anything like so, ignore this message then.

Thanks for your understanding

MP
Old March 5th, 2011, 20:39   #175
StrikeFreedom

Does the Gen 3 Pro come shipped with the stock spring? If so at what FPS?
Old March 5th, 2011, 21:11   #176
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedom View Post
Does the Gen 3 Pro come shipped with the stock spring? If so at what FPS?

I just ordered one of those and it says it comes with the M140 spring at 435fps

What im not sure about, but i have read on many posts and on the net, that it also comes with an M120 spring so you can down grade it when you get the gun. Not 100% sure tho.

Quote:
KenC

Hi,

For the SRC's here are the 5 differences between the Gen III and the Gen III Pro:

Gen III has tinted glass fiber lower receiver, Gen III Pro has aluminum lower receiver
Gen III has M120 spring, Gen III Pro has M140 spring
Gen III has 6.05mm tightbore barrels, Gen III Pro has 6.03mm super tight bore barrels
Gen III has steel gear set, Gen III Pro has helical cut steel gear set
Gen III has regular motor pinion gear, Gen III Pro has CNC steel motor pinion gear.

For these 5 upgrades, you are only paying $50 more.

We are required to put in M140 springs into the full metal Gen III Pro's, otherwise they are prohibited for import (metal lower makes these replica firearms if shooting lower than 430fps).

For details of what internals the Gen III Pro's come with, please see the STANDARD FEATURE list on the top of this page here: http://www.007airsoft.com/products/h...16-gen3pro.htm
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...c+hk416&page=2

Hope this helps. I have been researching like crazy lol.. hard to find info on this gun. But once i get mine i will post up a review in detail on it, Next week hopefully.

Magpul G&P M4 Carbine
King Arms Knight's SR-16 Carbine
Team: Delta 5. ASO Username: Maniak

Last edited by Zep; March 5th, 2011 at 21:15..
Zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 23:39   #177
seanj

Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Silencer View Post
*Corrected*Anything hotter than 500FPS and you'll need your firearms license.
I'm quite sure this is not true. I believe the distinction is made based off kinetic energy not fps and as such a lighter plastic bb is subject to different limits then a heavier metal bb or pellet.

Also I would trust ken to know his legal stuff when it comes to Airsoft, same with pretty much any other importer.
seanj is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank