Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

underage airsoft ownership issue important

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 27th, 2009, 14:29   #16
HalfHeaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by haakon45 View Post
May I ask how you got from nova scotia to the states and back? isnt their water between the two? so wouldnt you have to fly? if so, you should be bragging that you got a full sized sniper rifle past both US and canadian customs haha!

well you got it, and its here now, I'm sure your not the only one who (inadvertently for you) smuggled an airsoft gun north of the 49th parallel
well to be honest i live in oakville ontario so i went through the buffalo border and the guards there i guess are just lazy.
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 14:31   #17
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
well im sorry i dont know why your mad at me or anything, i know it's a little strange what im saying but you guys in your forums are always telling underage kids to @#$% off if they own a airsoft gun. But i want to ask questions on the gun i own so that when im older i will be able to know more about it. That means i have to let people know that i own one.
I'm not mad, just slightly irritated at your completely random post. To jump into drama llama mode right off the bat after I ask you what you are trying to tell us reeks of troll, so I'll simply leave this conversation after this post. I don't need another MCR fanboy crying wolf to the mods about me.

As for "letting us know so we'll help you", why should we? First, the gun has been discussed to death, so all you need to upgrade it is already on the forums. Literally everything. Second, you're 13 years old, why should I help you make a more powerfull and precise gun.

You will be met with the same attitude as every other minor on this board, why should it be different?

This doesn't mean you will be ripped to pieces as you seem to think you will be, but your "confession" will not necessarily help either.

YMMV.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 14:32   #18
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
well to be honest i live in oakville ontario so i went through the buffalo border and the guards there i guess are just lazy.
Not lazy, they just don't have to check every car. Would take too long, and they would need more people. But yeah, as everyone else said, count yourself lucky, keep doing more research, follow the rules, and when you're 18, grab an AEG and head out to your local field! There are a few places in Toronto, and then some out near Cambridge and Brampton.
Old July 27th, 2009, 14:35   #19
HalfHeaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post
I'm not mad, just slightly irritated at your completely random post. To jump into drama llama mode right off the bat after I ask you what you are trying to tell us reeks of troll, so I'll simply leave this conversation after this post. I don't need another MCR fanboy crying wolf to the mods about me.

As for "letting us know so we'll help you", why should we? First, the gun has been discussed to death, so all you need to upgrade it is already on the forums. Literally everything. Second, you're 13 years old, why should I help you make a more powerfull and precise gun.

You will be met with the same attitude as every other minor on this board, why should it be different?

This doesn't mean you will be ripped to pieces as you seem to think you will be, but your "confession" will not necessarily help either.

YMMV.
well im sorry. PS: im 14 now so,
Old July 27th, 2009, 15:39   #20
MillerBRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post

Actually this is untrue and a generalization.

Our local field runs highly structured courses and set games for kids as young as 14 for example, so we treat people with the respect they have earned regardless of age: simply put we have found just as many asshats who are adults in the airsoft community and a good number of underage players who are a credit to the sport.
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 15:44   #21
ZIG

And i suppose children are the future right?
ZIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 15:57   #22
HalfHeaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerBRo View Post
Actually this is untrue and a generalization.

Our local field runs highly structured courses and set games for kids as young as 14 for example, so we treat people with the respect they have earned regardless of age: simply put we have found just as many asshats who are adults in the airsoft community and a good number of underage players who are a credit to the sport.
just wondering but where are these courses and games held
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:03   #23
KILLvino

look in the games and events sched,
KILLvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:07   #24
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

no games for 14year olds in ON, as far as I know, some hosts allow 16yo players with parental supervision, but this is an exception not a rule.
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:08   #25
HalfHeaded

oh, ok thanks
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:09   #26
HeadlessChicken

Well against the odds, you got it here without getting in trouble and kudos to you for doing your research and admitting you did something you weren't suppose to. At least now you know.

I'm still relatively new myself but the general consensus I found is sniping isn't for beginners in this sport. If airsoft still interests you when you hit 16 then save up for an AEG and God willing if ASC is still around, get age verified. It'll open a lot of doors to you. Till then, you can spectate a few games and save up for an airsoft budget and you should be in good shape on your 18th birthday.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:11   #27
HalfHeaded

thanks aswell, so you have to be 18 to get age verified, no exeptions?
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:13   #28
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Yes. 18. Not a single exception. No way around it.
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:13   #29
The Saint

Quote:
thanks aswell, so you have to be 18 to get age verified, no exeptions?
None.
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:14   #30
HalfHeaded

oh ok, well its only 4 years
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank