Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Building a airsoft field

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2009, 00:25   #61
Donster

when i joined this kid would have been burnt to a crisp for openly admitting he is playing airsoft underage. the thread would be locked up and that would be the end of it. its amazing how things change in 2 short years.

for the OP, if you really dont know what to do for your field, go visit other fields and see what they do and do it for your field.
Old July 15th, 2009, 00:37   #62
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
If you care so much for telling us how old you are, it just shows that you are ~15 max. I say EVERYONE here should stop helping this kid out and let him do whatever he wants without our help.
+1 bro

are you guys really giving this child tips on how to play backyard airsoft?
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:13   #63
gunscythe

Apart from all the good advice you're giving him, the fact that he is underage opens us all up to media crap when he or his friend has an "accident" and his parents blame airsoft for it.

So, are we endorsing a whole field of underage airsofters because 'it's ok, at least we're not selling to or playing with them'?

People that are underage have trouble resisting the temptation to bring the guns to school. To bring them out in public. To use them to vandalize, etc. (more so than so-called "responsible adults" who WILL get their ass kicked by the law if they do).

I don't think we should support underage airsofting. Period. It will eventually kill the sport.

Visit the board. Wait until you're 18. Plan. Be responsible. Don't figure out ways to buy guns and build trenches and alarm your teachers.
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:52   #64
Rukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden11 View Post
It's just for my friends and I'm also gonna make it as safe as I can just incase injuryies don't happen, I would only get insurance if I would open up a business!
Still a buddy loses an eye, tooth, sever injury, or any other possible bad out come, what do you think his parents are going to do? It's still a risk even if you know them. I've see things go south before for less. Just looking out for you. Your going to do whatever you want anyhow. I just want to ensure that all possible avenues are covered to limit any problems you may encounter. I have you and your families best interests in mind here, not trying to be a kill joy. I think you should stick with a certified field unless you are prepared to go the extra mile and get the appropriate coverage, business or not you should always have some sort of coverage for the worst case scenario should it ever rear it's ugly head.

And on a side note you have to realize we are trying to keep airsoft's reputation of people who play airsoft positive and we do have our own rules to help ensure that people play responsibly. We do not need to put another black mark on the sport, and it doesn't need anymore un-needed attention from unfortunate mishaps that may occur when under aged youth decided to go out and do whatever without taking the necessary precautions to ensure a good safe game. It takes one person to mess this up (not saying you will). Take this as constructive criticism whatever you like. I'm trying to do it in a way that you won't take it personal and no attack on you is intended. I just wanted to ensure you understand the position of many members of this forum on under aged people engaging in airsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:04   #65
Con Murder

Maiden 11 you should take the advise of all these people, get av'd and get to the local sights. Forget the bullshit and have some fun before school starts. Get in with the Manitoba guys and you'll be fine, taken under a wing sort of thing.
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:45   #66
Wilson

Anything on your field that requires a shovel to construct will require an assload of maintenance. Be prepared for that.
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:08   #67
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

This whole im going to do whatever no matter what and i didnt say that act is bullshit, kid dont fuck it up for the rest of us under aged people on here and make it any worse for the sport in general. Admins pleas lock this thread.
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:14   #68
af122

speaking of building a field.some friends and i have been thinking about building some "forts" at the field we play on to change things up a bit. anyway i have talked to some ppl,and a by-law officer as well,about legallity of building in the bush and they have said it should be fine as long as were not destroying the place or on private property. does anyone else know the deal with that or should i go into city hall and find out from them?
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:06   #69
Gerkraz

maiden11: if you could provide a few pictures of your yard, or maybe a top-down image of the area you're working with (scaled), then we might be able to provide some more useful advice.
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:57   #70
T-Hell

I look at it this way.... People (under age - or otherwise) will play airsoft we can't control that right.....

so what we can control is their opinions of the "Airsoft community" and when these people get old enough they will either be part of or be apart from the community.

Please lets stop bashing underage players...

Remember that these folks will be the future field owners and suppliers etc and they will remember the treatment they received here.

I agree that on an organized basis (ie with the MAA) 18+ is the way to go but I have played at Ambush Airsoft (an outdoor speedball field) there were 15 year olds on the field and they called their hits, played with honor and had lots of fun...

so please lets just stop..... stop bashing young players... they will play if they are going to play and there is really nothing we can do...

instead of chasing them from our organizations we should welcome them in and show them the safe and proper way to do things... this way when they do turn 18 and continue to play we will not have to get bad traits out of them when they play with us eventually..

so please folks lets act like the "PROFESSIONALS" we profess to be... so far when i see someone who is not AV'd here and is under age all i see is them being met with hostility.

the people who run the board opened it up (or sections of it) to -18's so if you don't want to deal with underage people then please confine yourself to the 18+ sections then there will be no need for you to be hostile...

Remember Airsoft is a sport and a game... please treat it accordingly...

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:08   #71
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by af122 View Post
speaking of building a field.some friends and i have been thinking about building some "forts" at the field we play on to change things up a bit. anyway i have talked to some ppl,and a by-law officer as well,about legallity of building in the bush and they have said it should be fine as long as were not destroying the place or on private property. does anyone else know the deal with that or should i go into city hall and find out from them?
If you're within city limits I don't think you're allowed a "secondary accessory structure" bigger than x amount of square feet (it may be 250 sq.ft. I really don't know). This is the by-law in Vancouver as I am more familiar with it but you should probably get some building permits, talk to a by-law officer, and get a structural assessment of the fort you're building (is it more like a "castle" kind of fort or a one story kind of thing?).
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:12   #72
ShelledPants

I want pics of his parent's faces when they discover he built trenches in their garden.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:23   #73
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
I agree with T-hell, but i think its because here in MB, over the last few years we have become more tolerant with underage due to Ambush Anonymous. For those of you that dont know, its a clearsoft/airsoft range outside of winnipeg, and their target market is underagers. of course we were upset at first, but we went there, played, had a lot of fun.

Ya they had alot to learn there (like minimum engagement), but they still were great to play with. They were mature enough that we often invite them to our games, and we go to their events.

we cant stop people from underage airsoft, so we better dam influence them positively, because in 10 years, they will be all thats left.
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:56   #74
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hell View Post
I look at it this way.... People (under age - or otherwise) will play airsoft we can't control that right.....

Of course we can, this is our sport to protect and it is our right to.

so what we can control is their opinions of the "Airsoft community" and when these people get old enough they will either be part of or be apart from the community.
By showing them that we will not bend the rules for them no matter how creative or mature they play themselves off to be, this one isn't very mature as he's already displayed his spoiled brat attitude of "I'm gonna do it whether you like it or not

Please lets stop bashing underage players...
No one's bashing this guy, it's a stupid idea and he isn't the one responsible, you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder from being bashed yourself.

Remember that these folks will be the future field owners and suppliers etc and they will remember the treatment they received here.
Future field owners? learning patience is a valuable thing, having the discipline to wait would help build character

I agree that on an organized basis (ie with the MAA) 18+ is the way to go but I have played at Ambush Airsoft (an outdoor speedball field) there were 15 year olds on the field and they called their hits, played with honor and had lots of fun...
Sounds like fuckery to me, this Ambush thing, but thats just my opinion, some people will do anything for money

so please lets just stop..... stop bashing young players... they will play if they are going to play and there is really nothing we can do...
again no one bashed this guy, he's obviously not responsible for the health of people playing on his field, and too young to understand this. and YES we can do something, the same thing we have always done when someone wants to buy a gun underage, or play at an even underage, tell them NO!

instead of chasing them from our organizations we should welcome them in and show them the safe and proper way to do things... this way when they do turn 18 and continue to play we will not have to get bad traits out of them when they play with us eventually..
No one's chasing him, telling him that this isn't a good idea is not chasing him, if that isn't what he wants to hear then he can leave but no one told him to GTFO, about Bad Traits, what do you think we as experienced players do when we get new people? we fucking teach them the ropes, we don't depend on some retarded Airsoft "Little League" to teach them these skills, something like this Ambush thing only helps legitimize underage airsoft and is not a good thing at all.

so please folks lets act like the "PROFESSIONALS" we profess to be... so far when i see someone who is not AV'd here and is under age all i see is them being met with hostility.
Professionals? no one here gets paid to play airsoft, so I don't know where you are going with that, maybe because we use "Pro-grade" guns according to buyairsoft.ca hehehhehe

the people who run the board opened it up (or sections of it) to -18's so if you don't want to deal with underage people then please confine yourself to the 18+ sections then there will be no need for you to be hostile...
Again, this community AS A WHOLE believes in the 18+ rule, this isn't something we just came up with to kill this kid's buzz

Remember Airsoft is a sport and a game... please treat it accordingly...
Correction, it's a growing sport and it doesn't need any unneccessary publicity or attention in this gun fearing country of ours, which is why we try to protect it from damage by those not responsible enough

I really cannot believe how much advice this kid is getting, even from an age verifier who should know better.

Last edited by pusangani; July 15th, 2009 at 12:08..
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:09   #75
Lawdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden11 View Post
It's just for my friends and I'm also gonna make it as safe as I can just incase injuryies don't happen, I would only get insurance if I would open up a business!
If one of your friends suffers a serious injury, both you and the owners of the property will be held liable as occupiers.

If you are not insured, you are taking a serious risk that could ruin the rest of your life.

Ld
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank