Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Building a airsoft field

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old July 14th, 2009, 22:06   #46
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
seriously though, get in touch with our local groups. you can learn more in one day at a scrim than 1000 post on ASC
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:07   #47
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
If you care so much for telling us how old you are, it just shows that you are ~15 max. I say EVERYONE here should stop helping this kid out and let him do whatever he wants without our help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:11   #48
maiden11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
If you care so much for telling us how old you are, it just shows that you are ~15 max. I say EVERYONE here should stop helping this kid out and let him do whatever he wants without our help.
Why? I love airsofting it's sooo fun and exciting. I need help to make this field, who cares about my age. It's not illegal for me to airsoft!!!
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:12   #49
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden11 View Post
Why? I love airsofting it's sooo fun and exciting. I need help to make this field, who cares about my age. It's not illegal for me to airsoft!!!
We don't care about legalities, Our Morales and beliefs about the state of airsoft in Canada can stop us from helping you.
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:20   #50
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden11 View Post
Why would I tell you? .....
Because not being age verified + being unwilling to tell your age demonstrate that you dont want to tell us your age in fear of being penalized for it.

Which means you know how our system works and you know what were going to tell you anyways.

Get Age Verified. Or Wait till your 18.

Making a huff about "Im Just Doing This" or "Its My Property That" when we try to explain to you why isnt going to get you anywhere.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:26   #51
T-Hell

Agree with SEA... check out the MAA Manitoba Airsoft Assoc.

another thing you may want to try is getting in touch with Ambush Anonymous airsoft... they have a small speedball type field with bunkers, buildings, old cars and washers and dryers, Tires and wood structures..

small field and thay don't care how old you are as long as you act professionally and abide by the rules (which it sounds like you do) so check that out..

I know they have an 8 hour scrim next saturday first 4 hours are springers (under 300 fps) next 4 are anything under 400 FPS... they have a good CQB field...

on one note on your field. I have derived that you are outside the parimeter. so the City laws about discharging a weapon (be it real steel or Airsoft) won't apply...

Re permits outside the city well your land have at er.

not knowing where you are in MB just make sure no stray pellets hit a neighbours car or windows or the cash you save to buy the Broxxa will be spent replacing glass...

also check with your insurance... if you dig a hole and a friend falls in it and breaks their arm / Leg or worse neck are you liable for that... can they sue..

lots to look at

but I do as (Diamond SEA) stated STRONGLY encourage you to wander over to the Manitoba Airsoft Association for sure

and perhaps check out the action at Ambush Anon Airsoft... Bring your friends and have a blast

CHeers!

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:31   #52
maiden11

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hell View Post
Agree with SEA... check out the MAA Manitoba Airsoft Assoc.

another thing you may want to try is getting in touch with Ambush Anonymous airsoft... they have a small speedball type field with bunkers, buildings, old cars and washers and dryers, Tires and wood structures..

small field and thay don't care how old you are as long as you act professionally and abide by the rules (which it sounds like you do) so check that out..

I know they have an 8 hour scrim next saturday first 4 hours are springers (under 300 fps) next 4 are anything under 400 FPS... they have a good CQB field...

on one note on your field. I have derived that you are outside the parimeter. so the City laws about discharging a weapon (be it real steel or Airsoft) won't apply...

Re permits outside the city well your land have at er.

not knowing where you are in MB just make sure no stray pellets hit a neighbours car or windows or the cash you save to buy the Broxxa will be spent replacing glass...

also check with your insurance... if you dig a hole and a friend falls in it and breaks their arm / Leg or worse neck are you liable for that... can they sue..

lots to look at

but I do as (Diamond SEA) stated STRONGLY encourage you to wander over to the Manitoba Airsoft Association for sure

and perhaps check out the action at Ambush Anon Airsoft... Bring your friends and have a blast

CHeers!
Thanks for the info. and thanks for being nice with your comments
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:32   #53
T-Hell

On a side note....

Remember guys.... for now he may be under age but.... remember he is the future of airsoft as a sport. if you represent yourself poorly as an airsoft community then what image is that portraying...

Lets assume just because he is young dose not mean he is not going to play fair...

I have met many AS players (who are AV here) and they do face shots, blind fire, never call hits, and when they do return to spawn don't go completely there just out of sight...

it is an "Honor" sport so have some...

sorry for the rant but so much bitching is not good... who knows right perhaps one day he will own a field we all play on...

you never know do you.....

Rhino Living

Old July 14th, 2009, 22:34   #54
maiden11

Quote:
On a side note....

Remember guys.... for now he may be under age but.... remember he is the future of airsoft as a sport. if you represent yourself poorly as an airsoft community then what image is that portraying...

Lets assume just because he is young dose not mean he is not going to play fair...

I have met many AS players (who are AV here) and they do face shots, blind fire, never call hits, and when they do return to spawn don't go completely there just out of sight...

sorry for the rant but so much bitching is not good... who knows right perhaps one day he will own a field we all play on...

ThANK YOU !
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:37   #55
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Quote:
On a side note....

or you know, assault a bunker with you in it, take out two teammates, then stare ackwardly at eachother trying to figure out if the other is dead or not.
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:41   #56
T-Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
or you know, assault a bunker with you in it, take out two teammates, then stare ackwardly at eachother trying to figure out if the other is dead or not.
NOW that never ever happens.......

Rhino Living

Old July 14th, 2009, 22:55   #57
Rukus

I would recommend going to an already set up airsoft field where it is fully covered with the appropriate insurance so you cover your ass in case of an injury. I know, you know your buddies and they'd never screw you, but there is a soccer mom out there ready to pounce when her baby gets hurt, and in order for you and your family to be protected from being taken to the cleaners from an unfortunate mishap, or before you incur some stupid legal fees (they do happen nobody is immune) I would still recommend the age verified route. Not saying you would be irresponsible, but playing a game without the appropriate rules and legal stuff in place is like playing the lottery now a days. Someone loses and eye or sustains an injury we are in a sue everyone for what they are worth society now, not as bad as the states but it could still happen so save yourself and your family the grief.

Welcome to the complications of airsoft. I have 5 acres and I still am not going to open myself up to a potential law suite over a game. You can still have fun, just do it in the proper areas. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Old July 14th, 2009, 22:59   #58
maiden11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
I would recommend going to an already set up airsoft field where it is fully covered with the appropriate insurance so you cover your ass in case of an injury. I know, you know your buddies and they'd never screw you, but there is a soccer mom out there ready to pounce when her baby gets hurt, and in order for you and your family to be protected from being taken to the cleaners from an unfortunate mishap, or before you incur some stupid legal fees (they do happen nobody is immune) I would still recommend the age verified route. Not saying you would be irresponsible, but playing a game without the appropriate rules and legal stuff in place is like playing the lottery now a days. Someone loses and eye or sustains an injury we are in a sue everyone for what they are worth society now, not as bad as the states but it could still happen so save yourself and your family the grief.

Welcome to the complications of airsoft. I have 5 acres and I still am not going to open myself up to a potential law suite over a game. You can still have fun, just do it in the proper areas. Enjoy.
It's just for my friends and I'm also gonna make it as safe as I can just incase injuryies don't happen, I would only get insurance if I would open up a business!
Old July 14th, 2009, 23:27   #59
L473ncy

Just a tip. If you're making a structure make sure that it's structurally sound. Dig deep and cement that sucker into the ground real nice. In addition you'll probably want to make "collars" for your posts (AKA "post wraps") which direct water away from the post when it rains which not only prevents it from rotting faster but also keeps the soil that's around the post free of as much moisture as possible so that it doesn't turn into mud and start falling over.

This is a perfect example of a collar except for the fact that it's straight and not angled so water may pool up, make sure that the water gets directed away and not pooled up on the collar itself.

EDIT: Forgot to put the image http://www.mailboxesofchoice.com/Ima...llar_Small.jpg

@ OP: Actually it kind of does sound like you put some thought into it but I'm willing to say probably not enough thought, you'll need more than just willpower to take on something like this, heck I thought I was going to make a stupid table in 3 days but it ended up taking a week and a half mostly because I was clueless, and didn't have a solid plan (sure I had measurements, made my cuts precise and such but no such plan for what was going to happen "in the middle portion" of making that table). You're probably going to want to think about starting off with a few smaller structures first then working your way up to a major project.

Last edited by L473ncy; July 15th, 2009 at 00:32..
Old July 15th, 2009, 00:16   #60
scubasteve

Seeing that you live in Manitoba this is what you do. Call Manitoba hydro if your digging. Doesn't matter if you think there's nothing there. Better safe then sorry. If your close to Winnipeg go over to Saint Boniface pallet on Panet Road or Dominion pallet on Pandora Ave west. You can load up as many as you want and there all free. Lastly as some have mentioned visit mb-airsoft.com. Were very welcoming and friendly.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank