Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Getting shot in the face sucks

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 5th, 2009, 01:39   #31
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Someone needs to inform them of this thing called a minimum engagement distance.
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:50   #32
ninja_doc

First time out. Took a hit in the left kneecap...no problem, minimal stumble...caught my foot on a branch and then face planted on a fallen tree trunk. No worries, old wood... mouthful of rotten wood and about 2 dozen ants in my face.

Same day I also managed to get a bullseye on my right nut, friendly fire burst to the back of my head, right ear, neck, wrist, etc.
ninja_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:53   #33
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death March View Post
A Team mate of owers lost a few teeth so I'm not gona say what hurts more,I got over the pain of my hands being hit,but he's out a few teeth ! it was an outdoor game and they were only less then ten feet away from each other at about 400fps,ouch!
thats why we have minimum engagement distances man! sorry for your friend tho, I've seen someone get their tooth shot out and it didn't look like fun at all
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:59   #34
Panek

I shot a guy with my stock G&P (360fps on 0.25g BB's) from about 15-20 meters, and I chipped away like 3/4 of his front tooth. He was hiding behind an obstacle and I aimed at his head (he was also aiming at mine, but I got him first). Just a precaution that one doesn't need a tuned up "uber gun" to shoot someone's teeth out.

Last edited by Panek; June 5th, 2009 at 02:01..
Panek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:20   #35
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panek View Post
I shot a guy with my stock G&P (360fps on 0.25g BB's) from about 15-20 meters, and I chipped away like 3/4 of his front tooth. He was hiding behind an obstacle and I aimed at his head (he was also aiming at mine, but I got him first). Just a precaution that one doesn't need a tuned up "uber gun" to shoot someone's teeth out.

pretty sure that's about 400fps with .20's, don't know how much more "tuned up" you can get with most field limits being 400fps w/.20's
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:31   #36
Death March

I wasent at that point in the game,but it sounded like they got cought up in the moment and well.... yeh it happened.
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:10   #37
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
One of my teammates chipped a tooth taking a burst from a stock TM mp5k from about fifteen feet. For those that don't know, stock TM's only fire about 280fps with .20's.
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:07   #38
Dart

Big 220lb guy that plays with us got shot in the face by accident *someone saw movment and fired into the bush*, he got pissed, chewed out the guy that shot him, and sat in the truck for the rest of the day....

But my GF said it the best when this happened

*I have been shot in the face before and didn't cry like him, And I'm a girl!*

You know how hard it is to set up a scenario when your sides hurt from laughter?

PS* if all that you present is your face prepare to get shot in it, if you don't like the masks where what I have on in my picture. They are surprisingly not that hot. Wore mine in 30+ weather.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:20   #39
Zakaib

My understanding is that tooth injuries (chipping, outright losing teeth) are some of the most common injuries in Airsoft, next of course to eye injuries. I highly recommend getting some kind of protection for your mouth, and its basically mandatory to get protection for your eyes.

Other than that, the face is no worse than any other part of your body to get hit, in a medical sense. Personally, I wear a mask -- not a helmet, but enough to cover the majority of my face and ears.

I am inclined to agree with anyone in this thread who claims to wear gloves, too. Those hits are definitely the most painful, due to the frequency of their occurence.
Old June 5th, 2009, 14:08   #40
Malice Army

First off , I completely agree with minimal safe engagement distances and proper gun control; Ultimately we are all responsible for our own safety, we all know the potential for injury and most off us generally CHOOSE not to wear full face protection and or gloves, etc. Even though this safety equipment is readily availible. Of course nobody should shoot you in the face, but lets be realistic.... . If you choose not to wear some kind of face or hand protection , or play skins for that matter, I don't feel bad for you.
Malice Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 14:18   #41
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakaib View Post
My understanding is that tooth injuries (chipping, outright losing teeth) are some of the most common injuries in Airsoft, next of course to eye injuries. I highly recommend getting some kind of protection for your mouth, and its basically mandatory to get protection for your eyes.

Other than that, the face is no worse than any other part of your body to get hit, in a medical sense. Personally, I wear a mask -- not a helmet, but enough to cover the majority of my face and ears.

I am inclined to agree with anyone in this thread who claims to wear gloves, too. Those hits are definitely the most painful, due to the frequency of their occurence.
No way, i completely disagree, Teeth and eye injuries are definatley NOT the most common injuries in airsoft. We all take precautions to avoid these. Most common are bleeders, falls, things like that. I don't hear about broken teeth every game do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 14:23   #42
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erennert View Post
No way, i completely disagree, Teeth and eye injuries are definatley NOT the most common injuries in airsoft. We all take precautions to avoid these. Most common are bleeders, falls, things like that. I don't hear about broken teeth every game do you?
hehehe most common yeah right, welts and bleeders are most common
Old June 5th, 2009, 14:31   #43
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

Getting cranked on the top right of your bare forehead with a .36 at 150ft through 2 windows from an extremely elusive and sneaky-bastard-like Sniper ...whos name will name nameless.....***A C*&^ough...Stalker...)

Left a welt for a week...people thought it was a massive bug bite...lol
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 15:15   #44
Mitchell12
vision impaired

For Gloves I love my Mechanix to death. They were a gift from my girlfriends father and I think they've been the most used Christmas gift I've ever received, Super comfy. For mouth protection I use my lips. When I sported an M3 on the field me and another guy shot each other right on the nose. I started bleeding and looked like Rudolph. The cold definatley doesn't help when you get cartilage hits.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 15:34   #45
Rotting
Roko

The only shot I don't like is right in the gum-line when it passes your lip. Luckily, that's only happened once. I wear a balaclava and a woodland bandana around my mouth now because of that. Ripped my lip a bit, left a nice size bump on my gums, and probably knocked a tooth back 2mm. I'd imagine that getting shot on that bone that protrudes on the outer-side of the wrist would fucking sting, too.

Nut shots don't seem that bad. I've been sac'd before by an AEG just pouring at me. Yea, sure, you feel it, but usually any BDU will soften the blow. Then again, that was with .25s. I'd hate to see what kind of damage the testes would take from .36s.

Primary: Custom WE M16A3
Secondary: KWA MP9
Side: Custom WE M1911A1
Rotting is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank