Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

L96 or VSR-10

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 1st, 2009, 16:13   #61
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Haha. Legendary. Yeah I guess it is more a matter of will. If you will yourself to move quicker, and you don't just think, man I don't wanna bust my ass this is just a game, then you can move like that, even with all the gear.
Old March 1st, 2009, 17:17   #62
FlyingCats

Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Haha. Legendary. Yeah I guess it is more a matter of will. If you will yourself to move quicker, and you don't just think, man I don't wanna bust my ass this is just a game, then you can move like that, even with all the gear.
Lol, I dont have a vest, All i have is Rounds in my pocket so i just fill it out myself. Yeah Fancy ain't it?
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 17:25   #63
kalnaren

SOOO many people underestimate the awesomeness of a proper vest. I used to think they weren't all that necessary, then I actually spent a good deal of coin on a good vest..and holy shit the difference it makes is amazing.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 17:36   #64
ujiro

Yeah I just started using a CIRAS, only used it at one game, but it is way better, even than the replica CF vest I had. Reloads are so much quicker and you don't have to drop your mag anywhere and worry about forgetting/losing it.
Old March 1st, 2009, 17:51   #65
FlyingCats

Quote:
Yeah I just started using a CIRAS, only used it at one game, but it is way better, even than the replica CF vest I had. Reloads are so much quicker and you don't have to drop your mag anywhere and worry about forgetting/losing it.
Dual Magazine Clamp? :]
Old March 1st, 2009, 18:06   #66
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCats View Post
Dual Magazine Clamp? :]
1: Not all magazines have dual mag clamps
2: Not everyone uses highcaps. Using standard, lowcap, or realcap mags, two clamped together is still going to give you less than 140 rounds. Point being is that unless you're using clamped hicaps (something I personally deplore) you will have to reload eventually, and a proper vest makes that SO much easier. I usually have 2 G36 mags clamped together (for 100 rounds), and granted I get ONE fast mag change, but it takes me far longer to stow those two mags together than it does to switch out a single.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; March 1st, 2009 at 18:09..
Old March 1st, 2009, 19:48   #67
ujiro

Yeah, I used to like hicaps because it was easier to play. Now I realize the game becomes increasingly more fun the more realistic you make. I use 50 rounders now, no clams or whatnot. Some magpuls soon though, to make it a little easier to acquire the magazine from the pouch and handle it.

Ranger plates on pmags for when I am using 5.56.
Old March 1st, 2009, 20:14   #68
kalnaren

Quote:
Yeah, I used to like hicaps because it was easier to play. Now I realize the game becomes increasingly more fun the more realistic you make. I use 50 rounders now, no clams or whatnot. Some magpuls soon though, to make it a little easier to acquire the magazine from the pouch and handle it.

Ranger plates on pmags for when I am using 5.56.
Reloading under fire is totally bitchen. I love the adrenalin rush of running out of ammo and having to change mags.

Quote:
Old March 1st, 2009, 20:17   #69
ujiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Reloading under fire is totally bitchen. I love the adrenalin rush of running out of ammo and having to change mags.
Fo sho. Just started using locaps this past season, and I still remember the first time I had to do it. The feeling was amazing. People who use hicaps read this: while it seems lame, just try it once. Try having to reload while under fire. You will love it and forever on use locaps/realcaps.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:45   #70
DarkerWhite

Quote:
Fo sho. Just started using locaps this past season, and I still remember the first time I had to do it. The feeling was amazing. People who use hicaps read this: while it seems lame, just try it once. Try having to reload while under fire. You will love it and forever on use locaps/realcaps.
Not to mention you're bbs are not rattling around giving your position away with every move.

I use Mp5 30's carry 9 of them so i have to choose my shots wisely. The adrenalin really gets going after you're down to your last 2 mags, you're at the other end of the field almost at your objective and you can see the emeny strolling down your path. God i love this sport, I'm also looking into buying a BA, hoping to borrow/rent one from someone before i go shopping though.
DarkerWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:10   #71
ujiro

Try to use one for an entire day before deciding if its a good buy or not. I used one for a few rounds once and found it fun, bought one, and once I tried to actually use it as a primary, it just wasn't for me. Luckily made most of my money back, but still.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:56   #72
DENZILDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorazine View Post
Ghillies are permitted at Calgary games... however, as its been stated before, it would not be the greatest idea to get a BA, and I don`t know how comfortable JOC folks would be with a newbie rocking a 450 fps gun...
There are no rules in Calgary for newbie's with 450fps guns. It will be a problem if he shot somebody with it at close range also not carrying a secondary for minimum engagements.

So far I've only seen about 3 to 4 joc members who can really take on the sniper role and they have played almost as long as I am. (I started late 80's, fak I'm old) I also have a sniper rifle but I use my ptw most of the time. Playing sniper is whole different ball game.

I would suggest signing up in JOC and try to attend a game to get verified and if you ask some of the guys they might let you test shoot their guns. Get the feel of it.

Last edited by DENZILDON; March 2nd, 2009 at 02:58..
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:25   #73
FlyingCats

Wow, I was gonna get a freakin Hi-Cap magazine but all these posts about how epic real caps/low caps magazines i think i'll listen to you guys lol.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:00   #74
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCats View Post
Wow, I was gonna get a freakin Hi-Cap magazine but all these posts about how epic real caps/low caps magazines i think i'll listen to you guys lol.
Highcaps are economical, and as far as I'm concerned that's their only advantage. They don't encourage trigger dicipline, they rattle around, you have to wind them, etc. etc. For a new player just starting out having one makes sense until they get normal magazines.

Quote:
Old March 2nd, 2009, 17:33   #75
Darin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENZILDON View Post
There are no rules in Calgary for newbie's with 450fps guns. It will be a problem if he shot somebody with it at close range also not carrying a secondary for minimum engagements.

So far I've only seen about 3 to 4 joc members who can really take on the sniper role and they have played almost as long as I am. (I started late 80's, fak I'm old) I also have a sniper rifle but I use my ptw most of the time. Playing sniper is whole different ball game.

I would suggest signing up in JOC and try to attend a game to get verified and if you ask some of the guys they might let you test shoot their guns. Get the feel of it.
Thinking I may head down to LaserTrek, try out some AEGS, and rent some. Should be a fun night.
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank