All other pistols are just toy junk

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 29th, 2009, 16:19   #31
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I always thought the TM 1911 series was about the best. Never owned one myself, but everyone I've talked to says they're awesome.
Couldn't agree more. Bought one.. fell in love with it so I sold the rest of my pistols and bought a second one. Added metal outer barrels, Tanio Koba twist barrels and the enhanced loading nozzle. Can hit a head sized target up to 60 feet (indoors with no wind). Wouldn't carry anything else as a sidearm.

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 16:28   #32
jtf2-phalanx

Quote:
Last time I checked, Apple didn't make GBB's.
HAHA
Old January 29th, 2009, 16:46   #33
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
The TM P226 can shoot upwards of 390fps on propane,
Woah, what parts do you have in your P226? I've NEVER seen a GBB with a barrel that short shoot that hot on propane. Even my highly modified open division Hi-Capa racegun with 7" 6.01mm tightbore can only hit 380fps with propane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
you can build one from scratch with aftermarket parts only, though it does have some gas efficiency problems. Not metal out of the box but you have a lot of choices for metal kits. The TM Hi-Cappa is similar, every single part in the gun down to the tiniest little bit can be bought aftermarket.
Really? Help me find some of those parts, I've been attempting to do this for 4 years, and I thought I had all the good hook ups! Where do you get your parts?
I've been able to source all major parts and the majority of small parts, but I'm still missing some minor screws and springs to fully assemble complete guns from the billions of pieces I have lying around here.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 16:56   #34
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
hmmm... so... would they call it the iGBB or the iShoot ?
Knowing apple, probably the iPwn
Quote:
Can we just smack you for that one?
I'd rather ya didn't... I was lost in the spirit of the mockery when I made that comment!

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 17:09   #35
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Knowing apple, probably the iPwn

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 21:30   #36
Get Real

Wow! Lets see. We have everything from yes, no, maybe, sucks, awesome, save the front sight and replace everything else and it will be great, you are a weiny for even starting the thread, etc. That is what is great about this site. One can always count on diversity. Some really good comments and education all in one thread. That is the luck of what occured here. I now have more research to do and thanks for all your comments.
Get Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 21:52   #37
Sha Do

LOL...as stated in the three previous pages and many, many other threads, the debate is very personal. I could throw in with WA, an old school classic, but you know what?? Get out to some games, and handle a couple of different GBBs. Check out a couple of reviews on the one's you find comfortable handleing, and see if there are any upgrade parts available for them. Then decide if it is in your budget.....

Personaly, I own two KWA M9 PTPs.
-Great out of the box (good for field use right from the go)
-Reasonably good accuracy using 0.30 weight BBs
But;
-No upgrades available
-Mag availability is random at best (and pricey if you buy direct from KWA USA)

I have owned a WA SV Infinity...rather pricey, but an amazing gun. Parts are getting harder and harder to get...

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 22:04   #38
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

lol what an uneducated statement to make man, WE HIcapas and and 1911's are horrible, the spring guide caps and bushings ALWAYS break, I've owned 2 1911's and 1 5.1 Hicapa OP Irene Special Edition, and trust me they all suck hairy elephant balls.

never handled the PTP but from what I've hear it aint nothing special
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 22:12   #39
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol what an uneducated statement to make man, WE HIcapas and and 1911's are horrible, the spring guide caps and bushings ALWAYS break
Obviously, people who have never broken a WE bushing or spring guide don't count.
Old January 29th, 2009, 23:11   #40
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Obviously, people who have never broken a WE bushing or spring guide don't count.
yeh chairsofters don't count
Old January 29th, 2009, 23:17   #41
The Saint

There are WE owners who have fired thousands of rounds without a bushing or spring guide failure, myself included. In my case, less than a hundred out of those thousand rounds were fired at home, much less while seated on a chair.

It's not reasonable or useful to completely exclude other people's good experience in favour of your own bad experience.
Old January 29th, 2009, 23:23   #42
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
There are WE owners who have fired thousands of rounds without a bushing or spring guide failure, myself included. In my case, less than a hundred out of those thousand rounds were fired at home, much less while seated on a chair.

It's not reasonable or useful to completely exclude other people's good experience in favour of your own bad experience.
so you and crunchmeister got lucky ones, I've owned 3, take a look in the doctor's corner, enough WE threads to read.

didn't mean to imply that you were a chairsofter, but based on my experience, and those of others, the WE 1911's and Hicapas are not that reliable.
Old January 29th, 2009, 23:26   #43
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

From what I've seen, you have a 50/50 chance with the WE 1911's. Mine broke, a few of the other local guys had them break.. but I've seen one lad around here have two that he uses constantly and have held up.

If you buy one new, and cut the spring guide down right away.. it wont bottom out in the spring cap and break it. Problem solved.

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 23:28   #44
The Saint

My personal guesstimate for WE's lemon rate is something like 30-40% for their older stuff, <20% for their more recent stuff. Definitely not the most reliable brand, though in countries where airsoft is legal, their very low prices more than make up for that problem. They're almost disposable in HK. In Canada, not so much.
Old January 29th, 2009, 23:29   #45
ancorp
AK Guru

I absolutely hate Worst Ever (WE). The metal they're made of is pure crap. And their hicapa slides are way too heavy for their size. At least their 1911 and 2011 series are, haven't handled the others.

Just my experience with them. I sure miss my lil 1911 though.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank