Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Snipers in airsoft

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 30th, 2011, 18:55   #61
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I've only made one ghillie, and use it maybe a couple times per year, and that's really only when I'm on my own in a sniper type role for infiltration. Now, the number of times I actually play the sniper role literally happens every single game I play, it just happens when it's strategically possible or necessary to do that role. And I just do it in whatever I'm wearing at the time. The flexibility is amazing to run the role as I do it, have my MP5 with me always, M24 slung, and i just go with the flow going between assaulter, designated marksman, sniper, etc. I've really found my niche with airsoft, and excel with it. Is just a matter of going with the flow of the game and finding your place within it.

CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 19:05   #62
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
And those images basically depict me (first one especially), I was ALWAYS the covert operative; I received the orders from the team/squad leader and I completed it, i got hit twice, once by my own team mate the other by CDN_Stalker (BWAHAHAHAHA). No but in all seriousness, you have to realize if youre gonna go ghillie, be prepared to hump a lot of ground very slowly

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 19:23   #63
Wayne0188

thanks for the info guys, snipers always appealed to me, mostly just the look of confusion when people start dropping with no enemy in sight.

Im still unsure if I would enjoy a dmr or sniper role, or if I would prefer a more infantry type role. (I definitely don't have an issue with a hot sweaty ghillie, and "humping" the ground)

cdn_stalker, where are you in the second pic? the only person I see is to the right of the logs.

Edit: I watched some stuff on the military channel about snipers, and their training, seems interesting. just gotta get out to a game and play, this way I can really see what I like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPknight View Post
...13.768 seconds...
42 / square root of monkey butt - one leg * the tangent of one average sized pickle.

Last edited by Wayne0188; January 30th, 2011 at 19:26..
Wayne0188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 19:34   #64
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Funny you mentioned that, there is no one but me in the second/third pics. These are screen shots of a short movie I was asked to take part in (Fluke Films "Security Risk") years ago, so if anyone was in the picture they would have been given shit to clear out fast. The second one I had my crosshairs on the cameraman while he filmed me. Is funny, I was so well hidden in plain view that the camera guy had to ask me to sit up because he wasn't able to see me enough to adjust his camera focus on my spot. All I did for this movie was lie there, stand up and walk away.
Old January 30th, 2011, 19:47   #65
Wayne0188

so you are lying pretty much where you stood in the third pic?

Edit: Fixed
Quote:
...13.768 seconds...
42 / square root of monkey butt - one leg * the tangent of one average sized pickle.

Last edited by Wayne0188; January 30th, 2011 at 20:12..
Old January 30th, 2011, 19:50   #66
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Move the circle to the right a bit and you got me. The thing you think is a person is a fence post or something. Lol
Old January 30th, 2011, 19:52   #67
Wayne0188

oh, you blend in really well there.
Quote:
...13.768 seconds...
Old January 30th, 2011, 20:04   #68
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
the marking of a good ghillie suit, no unusual colouring, no human form, just an earthy lump

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

Old January 30th, 2011, 20:12   #69
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSam View Post
the marking of a good ghillie suit, no unusual colouring, no human form, just an earthy lump
and a bad smell :P
Old January 30th, 2011, 20:31   #70
SniperSam

best part about it

Old January 30th, 2011, 20:57   #71
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne0188 View Post
oh, you blend in really well there.
Yup, and the best part, you would have been in my crosshairs even before you looked at that pile of logs. I actually didn't add any natural vegetation to my ghillie (rarely do, little time most days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
and a bad smell :P
Quoted for truth. Lol, last time I wore it, it still hadn't dried out fully since the time before when I wore it in the rain a year before. I just rolled it up and stuffed in my waterproof CF sleeping bag carrier and left it. Pulled it out and was still damp. AFTER A FUCKING YEAR! But didn't smell that bad, but wasn't a scent I'd want in the car with a little Stalker doll hanging from the rearview mirror.....

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; January 30th, 2011 at 21:04..
Old January 30th, 2011, 21:22   #72
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

wow!! that picture fooled me... I hope your enemy doesn't find you only after a headshot... more like a vest shot hopefully
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 22:10   #73
SniperSam

when you get buck fever... who can tell the difference
I tended to aim just to the right of where your heart is (my left through the cross hairs), that way they would either hear themselves getting hit, or feel it; if they didnt call, i kept shooting them in the neck til they did

Old January 30th, 2011, 22:24   #74
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
wow!! that picture fooled me... I hope your enemy doesn't find you only after a headshot... more like a vest shot hopefully
I always go for gear or body shots, is rare I'll actually hit the head, in cases where a BB over hops, ya, not intentional. Where only the head is presented due to their use of cover......... field legal shot (unless close range).
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:18   #75
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Lol, last time I wore it, it still hadn't dried out fully since the time before when I wore it in the rain a year before. I just rolled it up and stuffed in my waterproof CF sleeping bag carrier and left it. Pulled it out and was still damp. AFTER A FUCKING YEAR! But didn't smell that bad, but wasn't a scent I'd want in the car with a little Stalker doll hanging from the rearview mirror.....
Eww..... I think it would smell pretty bad. I mean have you ever used one of those CF ponchos? Those things stink they just get rolled up and put back and you get mildew and stuff growing on it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank