Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What to expect on a first game ?

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 10th, 2009, 21:17   #76
Jayne Finch

a small battery SHOULD get you through a whole game. (5 ish hours) as long as you dont use the old "spray and pray" shooting style. at your first game (and every game really) you should be picking your shots and firing in short bursts.

the reason i say short bursts is for a couple reasons. think about it. you have a series of electrical and mechanical parts running beside your ear. if the other guy calls hit are you going to hear him? not likely. more likely he gets hit by three more shots and then lights you up. also short bursts are easier to control.

the one thing i can not stress enough for new guys is NO BLIND FIRE! i know things get intense and you do it without realizing it sometimes. (i know, ive seen me do it) but it is a big no no for a lot of guys

i should warn you that you are bound to suffer some harassment. mostly harmless teasing but some guys are downright hostile to new guys (especially ones under 18) cant for the life of me figure out why, but they are out there. dont let it get to you. prove your mettle. get out, get dirty, get kills and have a good time.

its one of my personal favourite things to see a veteran ragging on some new guy that ends up killing him in the first few minutes of a game.

but i digress. keep your head on strait and you'll do fine. make sure you dont start worrying to much to have fun tho.

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

"i don't have a license to kill. but i have a learners permit!"
Jayne Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 21:41   #77
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Without reading through all 6 pages of this, I'm gonna say "Expect to get shot!"

See if one or more of the experienced players will take you under their wing and guide you, direct you, and keep your ears and eyes open and your mouth shut (so your teeth don't get shot out). And if they are moving quietly through an area, watch what the do with their feet while moving (unless they are loud fuckers like 75% of airsofters out there, then watch what they do and do the opposite....... I'm known as Stalker for a reason BTW, and it's not because of pretty face paint).
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank