Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

All other pistols are just toy junk

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:11   #76
safx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Makes perfect sense. I have a KJW P14.45 that is awesome and works great, but I would never recommened it to anyone simply because there are pretty much zero parts available for it.
The KJW P14 is a clone of the WA,
a lot of the parts are interchangeable.
You can drop in an entire WA slide,
and some of the frame internals. WA
mags are held open by a piece in
the frame, KJ's are not so mags
are out.

Unfortunately the metal used for the
frame and slide is a tad soft. I've seen
a pal's stop cycling properly due to the
wear on the frame rails. The slide and
frame grind the rails down so there's too
much slop upward, and then the slide
won't cock the hammer properly.

Aluminum WA slide would help on gas
consumption...
safx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 13:02   #77
Get Real

I hear a lot of people dumping on WE. I hear not too much of positive recommendation of viable alternatives other than ones that are rare or can't be upgraded. Is that accurate

Thanks Kalnaren for pointing out that KJW is great but hard to get parts for and thanks for pointing out that mags are hard to come by on the ptp. I do like that WE HI-CAPA seems to have good availability and be 100% upgradeable; Yes? Illusion, thanks for all the good technical stuff.

The "folly of my original post" seems to be that I am gaining a lot of experiential insight in a short time from seasoned people. I kinda like that; some of it narrow-minded emotion biased, some of it level and fair.

Pusangani answering your previous overture. blow me or suck me for my folly? i can't decide which is more exciting as I sit here in my underwear playing with my gun.:tup:
Get Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 13:12   #78
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
I hear a lot of people dumping on WE. I hear not too much of positive recommendation of viable alternatives other than ones that are rare or can't be upgraded. Is that accurate

Thanks Kalnaren for pointing out that KJW is great but hard to get parts for and thanks for pointing out that mags are hard to come by on the ptp. I do like that WE HI-CAPA seems to have good availability and be 100% upgradeable; Yes? Illusion, thanks for all the good technical stuff.

The "folly of my original post" seems to be that I am gaining a lot of experiential insight in a short time from seasoned people. I kinda like that; some of it narrow-minded emotion biased, some of it level and fair.

Pusangani answering your previous overture. blow me or suck me for my folly? i can't decide which is more exciting as I sit here in my underwear playing with my gun.:tup:
By far the two best brands in terms of upgradibility and performance are Tokyo Marui and KSC.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 13:42   #79
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by safx View Post
The KJW P14 is a clone of the WA,
Pretty much... but how many parts do you see around for WA P.14's? Not too many unfortunetly, unless you want to order them all from asia.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 14:06   #80
safx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Pretty much... but how many parts do you see around for WA P.14's? Not too many unfortunetly, unless you want to order them all from asia.
The P14 uses much of what's already in
the SV series: breech, nozzle assembly,
inner and outer barrels (cone or bushing),
chamber, recoil system (1911 or 2011),
etc etc. Basically only the grip/frame is
unique, everything else is interchangeable
from other WA 1911/2011's.

I know parts are hard to find in one store
but they are out there, I'm sure you've
seen how many WA's I've built and sold
in the past year Anyway just passing on
the info where I can so others can benefit.
safx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 15:01   #81
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Apparently you were ignoring all the people in this thread screaming TM.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 15:17   #82
Get Real

[QUOTE=Styrak;908453]Apparently you were ignoring all the people in this thread screaming TM.[/QUOTE

No, I hear it and know that TM is good stuff. Perhaps I have not said anything or acknowledged the ever omnipotent TM because it is a given. I want to find something new. All metal; I know, I know, you can buy a TM and then pay a lot more to mod it and trick it out to all metal and have pimped out, super GBB, awesomeness in your hand. I am really exploring the KWC Desert Eagle's right now and will explore a few others picked up from this thread. Maybe I'll start a new thread on that. Thanks for all the intel though it was a great learning experience.

Last edited by Get Real; January 30th, 2009 at 15:20..
Old January 30th, 2009, 16:17   #83
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by safx View Post
The P14 uses much of what's already in
the SV series: breech, nozzle assembly,
inner and outer barrels (cone or bushing),
chamber, recoil system (1911 or 2011),
etc etc. Basically only the grip/frame is
unique, everything else is interchangeable
from other WA 1911/2011's.

I know parts are hard to find in one store
but they are out there, I'm sure you've
seen how many WA's I've built and sold
in the past year Anyway just passing on
the info where I can so others can benefit.
No really, thanks for the info. I didn't know the KJ P14 was that compatable. There's a part I need for it I've been looking for for quite a long time that I thought I would only be able to order from Asia at a total cost of somewhere around $50.

EDIT: Now I remember.. the part I need I can't FIND anywhere.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; January 30th, 2009 at 16:26..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 16:39   #84
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

[quote=Get Real;908462]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Apparently you were ignoring all the people in this thread screaming TM.[/QUOTE

No, I hear it and know that TM is good stuff. Perhaps I have not said anything or acknowledged the ever omnipotent TM because it is a given. I want to find something new. All metal; I know, I know, you can buy a TM and then pay a lot more to mod it and trick it out to all metal and have pimped out, super GBB, awesomeness in your hand. I am really exploring the KWC Desert Eagle's right now and will explore a few others picked up from this thread. Maybe I'll start a new thread on that. Thanks for all the intel though it was a great learning experience.
You can pay a decent price and get a plastic slide, TM that will run you stock out of the box on Propane for quite some time.. with excellent reliability or you can pay about the same ( or less) and get a full metal gun that will crap out in short order.

Full metal is not the be all end all for GBB guns.. If you want performance, reliablitly and full metal.. you are describing a TM gun upgraded to FM .. and now you are talking $
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 17:02   #85
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:

you're wearing too much, you should only be wearing a smile
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 20:08   #86
Get Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
you're wearing too much, you should only be wearing a smile
Maybe I am
Old January 30th, 2009, 20:23   #87
Get Real

Thinking of renaming this the "deficate on We thread with a side serving of teasing, naked inuendo, and good intel on other guns" Oh, that probably too long of a name.

Thanks to all for the input.
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:07   #88
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I do like that WE HI-CAPA seems to have good availability and be 100% upgradeable; Yes? Illusion, thanks for all the good technical stuff.
If you're PLANNING on an upgrade path, then skip the WE altogether and just get a Tokyo Marui.

WE Hi-Capa is a clone of Tokyo Marui... and generally, no clones are ever better than the original. Besides that, out of the box, the lemon rate of a Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa is extremely low. I don't think I've ever heard of a bone stock Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa not working right out of the box - they have a great success rate, and shoot much more accurately than WE. Upgrading to metal slides are a breeze as well - tons of selection available. Almost every part of Tokyo Marui Hi-Capas can be upgraded.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank