Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old July 2nd, 2018, 22:58   #1246
Freeze

I buy and sell quite frequently, for all of my hobbies.

When I sell airsoft guns or parts I just typically ship them in the box they came in, with opaque paper taped on to cover anything that resembles a gun.

If it doesn't have a box, such as small parts like a gearset, I'll find a box that approximately fits, or go to something such as a store that sells Magic the Gathering and buy one of the cheap cardboard storage boxes that cost $0.50 to $2. I'll also find some old newsprint or useless papers from my uni days to just stuff as padding.

I should also note that I have a Small Business Account with Canada Post, so I get an upgraded to expedited (usually) for $1-2 more.

On that note, shipping a gun to BC (a VFC SCAR-H SSR) cost me about $35 with insurance, shipping a gun to NB (a Maple Armouries SBR) cost me about $20 with insurance, and shipping a gun to Waterloo ON (my VFC SR635 is getting done up at Blackblitz) was $15 from my place in west Mississauga ON.

I also never declare the item. If asked, I answer "Hobby Goods". Saying "toy gun" or "unregulated firearm" is likely to get a "wtf" from the staff and possibly having them notify someone of something, idk. I like to stay on the safe side when it comes to stuff like that.

Time for the I hate CP part.

Motherfuckers dropped a package at my door that had "SIGNATURE REQUIRED" on it. WTF do your damn job and don't forge my signature.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Old July 2nd, 2018, 23:57   #1247
ShiftGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
I buy and sell quite frequently, for all of my hobbies.

When I sell airsoft guns or parts I just typically ship them in the box they came in, with opaque paper taped on to cover anything that resembles a gun.

If it doesn't have a box, such as small parts like a gearset, I'll find a box that approximately fits, or go to something such as a store that sells Magic the Gathering and buy one of the cheap cardboard storage boxes that cost $0.50 to $2. I'll also find some old newsprint or useless papers from my uni days to just stuff as padding.

I should also note that I have a Small Business Account with Canada Post, so I get an upgraded to expedited (usually) for $1-2 more.

On that note, shipping a gun to BC (a VFC SCAR-H SSR) cost me about $35 with insurance, shipping a gun to NB (a Maple Armouries SBR) cost me about $20 with insurance, and shipping a gun to Waterloo ON (my VFC SR635 is getting done up at Blackblitz) was $15 from my place in west Mississauga ON.

I also never declare the item. If asked, I answer "Hobby Goods". Saying "toy gun" or "unregulated firearm" is likely to get a "wtf" from the staff and possibly having them notify someone of something, idk. I like to stay on the safe side when it comes to stuff like that.

Time for the I hate CP part.

Motherfuckers dropped a package at my door that had "SIGNATURE REQUIRED" on it. WTF do your damn job and don't forge my signature.
Hey Freeze, thank you so much for the detailed response. I will most definitely use the knowledge I have just gained for tomorrow's shipping process haha Cheers guys, always so helpful it's awesome.
Old November 24th, 2018, 06:04   #1248
Biblic27

Send a message via ICQ to Biblic27 Send a message via Skype™ to Biblic27
I recieved two packages ( toronto to kw) this week, both within 2 days shipped.
Very suprised.
Old December 20th, 2018, 07:44   #1249
chivikoko

I,m agree 'Time for the I hate CP part.'

friv

geometry dash
Old February 24th, 2019, 05:15   #1250
diplomaticgreens
Banned

Diplomatic Green is a residential plan launched by Puri Constructions at Sector 111, Gurgaon. It is a strategically planned project that spans across 20 acres of residential property that is a division of 82-acre master plan with varied developments of commercial spaces, hotels and retails. The project includes stylish apartments built over 15% of the property along with widespread greens up to 85% of the area that offers a visual treat.
Old February 28th, 2019, 08:21   #1251
McDonnell

Send a message via ICQ to McDonnell Send a message via Skype™ to McDonnell
Ugh, this is tormenting me!

I have an RPK in the mail thats been 'Out for Delivery' since 8:00AM.

We've had Canada Post drop off stuff at the dealership around 3 times already, and still no RPK.

Bahhhhh.
Old March 4th, 2020, 19:13   #1252
Scopedog

Angry Bunch of knuckle-dragging bums

Need to vent about good ol' CP.

So I ordered a MOSFET from Duy at AirsoftParts.ca. He's in Toronto. I'm in Toronto.

Package was shipped on Monday and CP took possession the same day. My understanding is that if your package hits the Mississauga sorting centre before midnight, there's a good chance you'll get it next day if you're local. Not always the case but my experience has shown this to be true at least 80% of the time for my parcels.

Tuesday comes and goes. No package, and tracking shows no movement from the day before. No big deal, it happens.

Wednesday arrives along with out first WTF. I get an email stating that a notice has been left for me in my mailbox. WTF? Why didn't the nimrod just put it in the community box in the lobby. Yes, the package is small enough to fit in probably the smallest of the boxes.

No information on the card regarding when my parcel will be ready but my experience has shown that more often than not, your package will be at the PO sometime after 4pm. The drivers need to drop off their undelivered parcels before end of day. This usually happens between 4 and 5pm. I know because I have seen the postal guys bring the stuff in at these times when I was at the post office. So, I take a chance and head out for the post office at around 6pm.

The post office tells me to come back tomorrow, which of course will be Thursday. This is the 2nd WTF. What did the driver do? Take them home like Newman from Seinfeld?

Thursday...FUCKING THURSDAY!!

FOUR DAYS TO DELIVER A PACKAGE FROM TORONTO TO TORONTO!!

How much do these mofo's make again? Replace 'em with monkeys , I say. Service couldn't get any worse.
Old March 4th, 2020, 19:41   #1253
Ronald Chang

Easy Way to Make CP Deliver Package On Time

To our ASC friends who received packages late:

Just notify the seller/sender, and ask them to file a compliant to CP. CP has a standard delivery time which they must follow, they will FULLY REFUND the shipping cost if the package arrives late. Then ask the seller or sender to refund you the shipping cost (you may skip this step if you think it's too much work).

This looks like a bit of extra work and most of us received the package finally will not do this. But listen: CP really will be much more careful next time for package sent to you (or packages you send out), as I have tried this twice and it works !

It hurts their business so they will take remedy.
Old March 12th, 2020, 23:07   #1254
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Chang View Post
To our ASC friends who received packages late:

Just notify the seller/sender, and ask them to file a compliant to CP. CP has a standard delivery time which they must follow, they will FULLY REFUND the shipping cost if the package arrives late. Then ask the seller or sender to refund you the shipping cost (you may skip this step if you think it's too much work).

This looks like a bit of extra work and most of us received the package finally will not do this. But listen: CP really will be much more careful next time for package sent to you (or packages you send out), as I have tried this twice and it works !

It hurts their business so they will take remedy.
This is only for guaranteed services like Expedited and Xpresspost, not Regular Parcel.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old April 24th, 2020, 20:11   #1255
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

i get that there is lots of demand and theyve suspended pkg garuntees but holy fuck, why does my parcels from saskatoon move well but my parcels from toronto move like shit?
Old April 24th, 2020, 20:28   #1256
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
i get that there is lots of demand and theyve suspended pkg garuntees but holy fuck, why does my parcels from saskatoon move well but my parcels from toronto move like shit?
Sorry man haha I'm sure it'll get there soon!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Old April 24th, 2020, 21:19   #1257
DAVESAGE

It’s Toronto, it’s a post hub so it’s a lot busier. I got stuff from Russia faster than stuff from Toronto and I’m like a couple hours from Toronto
Old June 5th, 2020, 08:34   #1258
canberracleaning
Banned

The Best Cleaning Company in Canberra

Looking for cleaners you can trust to get your home spic and span? You?ve come to the right place.

We?ve put together a list of Canberra?s best cleaning company based on real-life customer feedback.

So, whether your lease is up and you need a thorough house clean, or you?re looking for someone to tidy your place on a regular basis, we?ll help you find a Canberra based Cleaning Company to suit your needs.

What makes a great cleaning business?
Hiring a cleaner can be a complex process ? there?s a lot more that goes into cleaning a home than you might think.

Here?s a list of qualities a great Cleaning Business should have.

Reliability. Not only being on time but instead understanding that they are being invited into your house and therefore creating a solid foundation of trust.
Affordability. You don?t need to hire the cheapest cleaners on the market but you should get what you pay for. There?s nothing worse than being ripped off.
Efficiency. The Canberra cleaners you decide on should get the work done at a reasonable pace without cutting corners whilst ensuring an excellent product.
Respectful. If you are hiring cleaners to tidy your home, you want them to respect your space and your belongings.
Effective. When the cleaners are done, your home should be clean, really clean. Attention to detail is very important.
The best cleaning companies in Canberra
Old June 5th, 2020, 16:18   #1259
Ratters

parcels from abroad

I have two parcels in the Cdn twilight zone. One from Russia, the other from Germany.

Tracking throughout Russia and Germany was impressive and for those who complain about shipping costs, this tracking info was extensive and the packages exchanges many hands and covered many miles.

Until it arrived here. The issue is now, that it's been handed over to destination country....crickets

The parcels have been on our side of the border for going on two plus months now and not a ripple on the water of where it is and when it will arrive.

Not a great confidence builder for those who scour the planet to fine those hard to find parts and accessories. I hope they materialize into something more efficient soon.
Old July 27th, 2020, 10:20   #1260
gandomi

realy thx for best post
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General