Old January 28th, 2014, 18:00   #1
sgt.gutbuster

Spetsnaz Rifle to Pistol Transition

For all you AK lovers!

Proper rifle to pistol transition Spetsnaz - YouTube
sgt.gutbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 23:29   #2
Emre1337

Awesome, but is that really practical in the middle of a firefight? Seems like it would take too long to transition, unless you've practiced it a lot, but even then, wouldn't it be quicker to just let your rifle hang on your side (2 point sling) and then just draw, aim and shoot with your sidearm?
Emre1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 23:56   #3
p0nch3

Do you even know who the Spetznaz are? They're the "we don't give a fuck" special forces. They train like hell so that they can do that faster than it takes to drop a rifle
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 12:57   #4
Emre1337

No, apparently I don't know who Spetznaz are, and secondly there is no "Spetznaz" unit, Spetznaz is a term used loosely meaning literally "Special Purpose Forces". So this guy in the video was part of a Combat Spetznaz unit, and does some weird looking transition so I asked if it works in real life. Can you do it that fast? It's a nice looking technique I'll give it that, but that's about it. In the video, the guy doesn't do it fast, so essentially, it just looks like somebody trying to get cool guy points...
Old March 25th, 2014, 13:44   #5
FirestormX

That is ridiculously inefficient. On so many levels.
* You're trying to keep a useless gun up.
* You're going to be potentially be firing a pistol with one hand.
* The rifle blocks half your line of pistol fire.
* Your movement and balance is incumbered by trying to keep the rifle up.
* You have to sling your rifle while trying to manipulate your pistol.

If your primary goes dry, get it out of your way immediately, and get your secondary up as fast as you can. Trying to keep your useless primary on target while you draw a secondary is about as useful as trying to keep it on target while you reload. And then trying to sling your primary while trying to fight with your pistol is also inefficient.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 13:56   #6
p0nch3

Watch "Deadliest Warrior: Spetznaz VS Green Beret" You'll learn pretty quick that the Spetznaz do a lot of inefficient things but they can be pretty effective with it
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 14:09   #7
Mist3r.B
formerly Botchbomber

Send a message via MSN to Mist3r.B
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0nch3 View Post
Watch "Deadliest Warrior: Spetznaz VS Green Beret" You'll learn pretty quick that the Spetznaz do a lot of inefficient things but they can be pretty effective with it
I wouldn't trust representation in this show to be anywhere close to what reality is. Unless Navy Seal really train by shooting dead pig with a mossberg...
Old March 25th, 2014, 14:16   #8
Danke

Maybe someone should do an airsoft Spetz how to?

Dual wield some highcap stuffed TM Betas (Sonny's kinda done that one already too though).

For anyone who watched with the sound off the point is the primary stays downrange to spook anyone who pokes their head up during the swap.
Old March 25th, 2014, 15:37   #9
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
For anyone who watched with the sound off the point is the primary stays downrange to spook anyone who pokes their head up during the swap.
That's kind of where I wanted to go with my comment about it being as efficient as reloading with your muzzle remaining on target, instead of bringing it into your work space. But then I got distracted.

You should have a very fast transition time, and the transition time will be even faster without this ridiculous method. I've hardly ever heard a modern instructor advise someone to "sacrifice your speediness in getting effective rounds down range, in favour of keeping your muzzle pointed at the enemy, in the hopes that they get scared".

If they're not scared to shoot back at you while your gun is actually firing, then it's doubtful that they'll be more afraid of you when your gun stops firing-but-is-still-pointed-at-them.

Perhaps if it took 3 seconds to draw a pistol, it might be worth adding another another second to your draw time by doing this, in the hopes that you'll keep the enemy's head down...And then the sacrifice your accuracy and effectiveness with your pistol...And the sacrifice of reduced mobility while you're holding your dead primary up...And the sacrifice of breaking focus and balance in order to sling your dead primary while keeping your secondary effective.

...But a transition should take less than a second to perform, once you make the decision to do it. If the enemy couldn't get a shot at you while you were actually firing your weapon, it's very unlikely that the enemy will somehow catch on to the fact that you have no weapon for a second, and somehow find a way to shoot you as you transition.
Old March 25th, 2014, 15:47   #10
Danke

In Soviet Russia trainer shoots you.
Old March 25th, 2014, 16:21   #11
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post

If your primary goes dry, get it out of your way immediately, and get your secondary up as fast as you can. Trying to keep your useless primary on target while you draw a secondary is about as useful as trying to keep it on target while you reload. And then trying to sling your primary while trying to fight with your pistol is also inefficient.
If your primary goes dry, I would argue that you should reload it, rather than switching to an inferior weapon.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 17:01   #12
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
If your primary goes dry, I would argue that you should reload it, rather than switching to an inferior weapon.
Are you implying that a PM is not as superior as an AK, comrade?

But yes, I do agree that if you are able to, your primary weapon should be functional at all times. However, alternating to a pistol is often faster. It's up to the shooter to decide what to do in any particular situation, and its where training comes in.
Old March 25th, 2014, 17:47   #13
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
In Soviet Russia trainer shoots you.

ROFL.... am I the only person who got this jokeƉ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 18:47   #14
Jimski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist3r.B View Post
I wouldn't trust representation in this show to be anywhere close to what reality is. Unless Navy Seal really train by shooting dead pig with a mossberg...
They don`t.Everyone knows they stab a dummy made out of bleeding jello instead
Old March 25th, 2014, 19:06   #15
Emre1337

I doubt any information in that show is accurate...It's just a show, to get the studio higher ratings and make the producers rich.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures