Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 1st, 2010, 23:59   #271
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
when you cock the hammer does that striker retract flush with the magwell walls or does it only move back about half way?

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 00:00   #272
rustysniper

retracts flush......
Old March 2nd, 2010, 00:02   #273
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
and when you fire it, the bolt cycles? sorry if you already said that, I hvent read all the way through

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 00:05   #274
rustysniper

no....bolt is not cycling......
Old March 2nd, 2010, 00:11   #275
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

So my solution to long lasting hingeplate for SCAR is a stiffer recoil spring and a bomber light weight bolt.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 00:49   #276
KEVORKIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
So my solution to long lasting hingeplate for SCAR is a stiffer recoil spring and a bomber light weight bolt.
With that set-up you will encounter the bolt not locking back after the last round is fired...it may save the hinge plate though!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:47   #277
Papabois

Thicker?

Hi fellas.

Up late pondering on how to improve this system's valve / nozzle assembly.

I look at the stock nozzle, and all the aftermarket nozzles (Part-44) and wonder, why isn't the wall-thickness thicker, at where they make the nozzle ports. Rather than purchase an aftermarket adjustable unit, make my own adjustable floating valve by tapping a 3mm hole for a set-screw, and pay a machinist to make a thicker nozzle (see rendering: red instead of green diameter). Would that be the better way to go?

On a simpler fix note, I"m also thinking about just trying a piece of silicone R/C full-tubing, to replace the hard plastick spacer (Part-40). This way, if there is a BB jam-up, or slight miss-alignment, the silicone spacer will absorb the impact, and take that load away from the port section on the nozzle.

What's your thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STRONGER NOZZLE.JPG (9.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Papabois; March 2nd, 2010 at 03:31.. Reason: learned more stuff
Papabois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:04   #278
m102404
Tys

Don't know why a thicker bodied nozzle wouldn't work.

I use a #4-40 tap and a common screw to make my own adjustable valves. Just grind the head flat when it's ready.

I used "washers" made from AEG cylinder head black rubber bumper material...two thicknesses were just right. I used a little pipe I had laying around and sharpened the rim of one end...then used it as a cutter to punch out disks. Mines not pretty, but it's got 100's of rounds through it.

The material has to be stiff enough to press the nozzle tight in the chamber.

Best of luck,

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:10   #279
Papabois

I'm also looking @ the guide rod assembly. It's pretty sloppy in my opinion.

It's constructed very much like an R/C car's shock. That industry has aftermarket shockshafts, made from bad-ass materials, Hard chromoly, titanium, spring steel, nitride coated, etc.

Finding one at an appropriate length to Part-39, and using a teflon shock piston (turned down to fit perfect into Part-38), should make a very non-wiggling assembly (cause the back of Part-39 is now supporting with the front support). The highly polished surface of the shock shaft, should make operation much more slick as well.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:24   #280
m102404
Tys

I don't think it matters how much play it has when it's expanding...as long as it's not leaking too much between the rod and the piston head.

When it's collapsed...it's pretty ridgid, and supported by the cylinder. When it's expanding to push the bolt back, it doesn't matter how stiff it is. Some slop is probably a good thing actually.

Neat idea though...go for it!

Tys
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:19   #281
Papabois

I think you're right about the little bit of movement. Help it self-align.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:24   #282
wind953

So my mag for my WE Scar started leaking...like really bad leak...hissing loudly as soon as I filled it with gas. I've read somewhere about the blue gasket method. There were pictures in that tutorial, but it was for a GBB pistol mag. Would a mag for the WE Scar have similar disassembly? Are there any other methods for fixing leaks here? I'd kinda like to avoid having to buy the blue gasket thing if I don't have to. Thanks in advance!
wind953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:55   #283
wind953

Also, one other question. Aren't WE M4s and SCARs pre-upgraded out of the box to take both propane and CO2 mags? What's this CO2 conversion kits for WE M4/SCAR I see on some sites?
Also just to confirm, WE M4 magazines are compatible with WE SCAR right? Airsoftbuddy has the M4 magazines on sale for 31.50 USD right now...I think I'll get one for my Scar.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:42   #284
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind953 View Post
Also, one other question. Aren't WE M4s and SCARs pre-upgraded out of the box to take both propane and CO2 mags? What's this CO2 conversion kits for WE M4/SCAR I see on some sites?
Also just to confirm, WE M4 magazines are compatible with WE SCAR right? Airsoftbuddy has the M4 magazines on sale for 31.50 USD right now...I think I'll get one for my Scar.
So far as I can tell...the current gen are propane ready (aside from the SCAR buttplate that'll break...the internals are ready).

The upgrade kit you saw was out to convert the slim bottle type of M4 nozzle to the Scar type that has the ring around it. You needed a new chamber that fit that nozzle profile when you switched between nozzles.

The WE M4, SCAR, PDW and 416 all take the same mags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind953 View Post
So my mag for my WE Scar started leaking...like really bad leak...hissing loudly as soon as I filled it with gas. I've read somewhere about the blue gasket method. There were pictures in that tutorial, but it was for a GBB pistol mag. Would a mag for the WE Scar have similar disassembly? Are there any other methods for fixing leaks here? I'd kinda like to avoid having to buy the blue gasket thing if I don't have to. Thanks in advance!
Just take the shell off the mag...it'll be evident which screws are holding the back plate on. The "o-ring" is under that.

You can try to soak the rubber in a baggie of silicone oil overnight....that fixed one of mine.

I've used silicone grease (the same stuff you use for greasing an AEG cylinder) I coated the rubber and it sealed up nicely.

I've used 100% pure silicone window caulking....that worked.

I've got two mags that someone (looks like hitman's mess ) used blue gasket sealer...one worked and the other didn't. I redid that one with silicone grease and it worked.

Oddly....the ones with caulking/gasket sealer seem "weaker" than the others. Not sure why...it's not like it's filled with sealer or anything.

GBBR mags are just like GBB mags....they're just bigger.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 16:38   #285
wind953

I am trying to take out the inner magazine out of the shell now. Boy is it hard to pull out...
When I test it later...it's not necessary to put it back into the outer shell is it? I don't wanna cram it back into the shell again to find it still leaks and have to try and get that thing out of the shell again. This thing is crammed in there pretty tight...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications