Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beware of S&T (Smart Team International Industries) - Zero Customer Service!

:

Reviews

Old October 20th, 2021, 09:59   #1
Swattiger

Beware of S&T (Smart Team International Industries) - Zero Customer Service!

I have bought their Sterling and has done some maintenance work. I lost the little spring for the semi and full auto switch.

I exhausted all possible ways to get the replacement from local and retailers overseas but none of them carry it. So I emailed to S&T asking them to send me the part, and I am willing to pay the shipping and part cost.

However, their reply is that "they only accept wholesale" (not too sure what does it mean), and it is not economical for them to ship the part to me (even I am willing to pay). They even laughed at me when I comment this is very bad customer service, and they also remind me to share the screen shots of the conversation when sharing my experience with other airsoft players!

Now the few hundred dollars gun is basically useless due to their unwillingness to ship a small part!

When compared to other airsoft companies e.g. SRU, who just shipped a brand new parts to me without charging me anything, this experience is just like hell.

Airsoft is an expensive hobby and I just want it to be enjoyable. Imagine if you go to a restaurant spending a few hundred dollars for a meal, the service and food quality you get will be top notch. But this company .... I just don't know how to describe it.

When I went to their facebook page, there was another airsoft player having similar unpleasant experience. So my experience is not a single case and I believe I should share it here so other airsoft lovers could make a smart choice.

Last edited by Swattiger; October 20th, 2021 at 19:48..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2021, 10:24   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Unfortunately, most Airsoft brands can get away with not shipping replacement parts because people keep buying their shit and never complain out loud. There are very few companies that have good parts availability (for example, KJW directly and WE through KY Airsoft).

A few years back WGC Shop (https://www.wgcshop.com/) listed a whole lot of S&T parts. I don't see anything for the Sterling, but you might want to try to ask them.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2021, 10:31   #3
N7-Talon

Man I feel ya brother. S&T are an odd bunch. You can still get a full gearbox from a few retailers if you wish.

https://www.airsoftwebsite.com/gearb...868d6d57e14a79
N7-Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2021, 17:17   #4
RainyEyes

Care to share a picture of the spring you're missing if available?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2021, 19:52   #5
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
Unfortunately, most Airsoft brands can get away with not shipping replacement parts because people keep buying their shit and never complain out loud. There are very few companies that have good parts availability (for example, KJW directly and WE through KY Airsoft).

A few years back WGC Shop (https://www.wgcshop.com/) listed a whole lot of S&T parts. I don't see anything for the Sterling, but you might want to try to ask them.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to contact WGC.

I found they are mainly China companies who simply clone other manufacturers' products with low grade materials and production process. They only care for good profit margin and nothing else.

I will for sure avoid them. The force of market will decide their future.
Old October 20th, 2021, 19:53   #6
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7-Talon View Post
Man I feel ya brother. S&T are an odd bunch. You can still get a full gearbox from a few retailers if you wish.

https://www.airsoftwebsite.com/gearb...868d6d57e14a79
Wow! That might be the solution. But lost a tiny spring and pay $ 80 to fix it is a bit too much for me.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Old October 20th, 2021, 19:57   #7
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Care to share a picture of the spring you're missing if available?
This picture shows the position of the spring. It is for the semi and auto switch.
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1076.jpg (239.9 KB, 14 views)
Old October 21st, 2021, 04:52   #8
RainyEyes

Have you tried replacing it with a stopper-arm spring from a v2 gearbox or a reinforced AR latch spring?

Makes no sense to buy a whole gearbox for a missing spring. They almost look identical. I'd wager you could probably get a spring from standard gearbox and just bend it to the shape you want.

RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2021, 09:54   #9
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Have you tried replacing it with a stopper-arm spring from a v2 gearbox or a reinforced AR latch spring?

Makes no sense to buy a whole gearbox for a missing spring. They almost look identical. I'd wager you could probably get a spring from standard gearbox and just bend it to the shape you want.

Thank you so much for the info. I will give it a try.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews