Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Smokey grey receivers? Where to buy?

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 7th, 2009, 22:47   #1
Eclipse1

Smokey grey receivers? Where to buy?

I was wondering if it is possible to buy these separatly, or even just a regular clear receiver, without looking in the classifieds?

and i am 16, ftw... but that doesn't mean i go flaunting my gun everywhere for some old lady to call the cops on me... i have a little more common sense than that. I know a metal receiver is out of the question, so thats why i'm turning to the next best thing...

any help would be appreciated.

thank you
Eclipse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 22:50   #2
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Not supposed to help you find nothing tell your AV'd tough luck. If the local rules are different(as they are here) you might be able to get a gun locally. If they like you that is. Find out if your allowed to game or talk to local game host's and work from there.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 22:55   #3
Eclipse1

there is a lack of games around here, mainly paintball, otherwise, i would have asked there instead
Old September 7th, 2009, 23:01   #4
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse1 View Post
there is a lack of games around here, mainly paintball, otherwise, i would have asked there instead
Where do you live?
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 23:24   #5
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

no guns for kids, wait until you turn 18.
Old September 8th, 2009, 20:01   #6
Eclipse1

well i already have have a gun... and i live in brome, qc. i have never heard of any games around here. And TBH, the difference between some1 who is 16 almost 17 and some1 who is 18 isn't that big. You can hardly call some1 who is barely a year less than 18 a kid, thats an unfair generalization.
Old September 8th, 2009, 20:09   #7
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
well i already have have a gun... and i live in brome, qc. i have never heard of any games around here. And TBH, the difference between some1 who is 16 almost 17 and some1 who is 18 isn't that big. You can hardly call some1 who is barely a year less than 18 a kid, thats an unfair generalization.
The government does not see it that way. When a person reaches the age of 18 they are considered the age of legal majority, and cease being considered a minor. Once a person is considered an adult they assume responsibility over their decisions and actions, no longer can a parent or guardian be held responsible for their actions.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 20:10   #8
HeadlessChicken

That may be but rules are rules, not to rain on your parade dude. Anyone caught helping you out can get into lots of trouble which is why most people under the age of 18 run into a brick wall when hitting here when it comes to aquiring an airsoft gun or restricted parts. Though you may say there isn't much of a difference chronologically, you're still not 18 years old period. Sorry man.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 20:19   #9
HGI

What I don't understand is since ASC made the classifieds 18+ you all believe that it has become a Canadian Law that no one under 18 is by law aloud to own or even hold a airsoft gun.

He even asked were he could find a "regular clear receiver" Maybe he broke his and wants to replace it.

If you guys ant going answer his questions and just bash him/troll for asking, then how about not say anything?

No wonder ASC is so newbe unfriendly.

Eclipse1, it might help if you tell us what make and model gun your using. Also note the "Retailers" tab near the top left part of the forums.
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 20:28   #10
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

No one bashed him, or said it was the law (although it is in ON but not applicable in this case duh) The fact is: this site does not condone underaged airsoft ownership, if you want to help him that's your problem.
Old September 8th, 2009, 20:57   #11
HeadlessChicken

I use to be 18, I know how much of a let down it is when you wanna try to do something but can't due to age restrictions like going to a bar or a strip club...ahem...moving on.

Only thing I can probably suggest that I hope won't land me in the furnace is to contact the place where you got your gun from. I've never seen clear receivers being sold on here being a bit of an elitist community that demands non-clear metal, who can blame them really. Only thing that could stand in your way is if your parents bought it for you because the seller age checks. Then again, I don't know QC laws on airsoft.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 21:36   #12
Conker

There is no real law on airsoft in Quebec, however some cities can, which I'm not aware of.

Specifically on your question, I can't help you, sorry.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 22:58   #13
Darklen
Administrator

Quote:
I was wondering if it is possible to buy these separatly, or even just a regular clear receiver, without looking in the classifieds?

and i am 16, ftw... but that doesn't mean i go flaunting my gun everywhere for some old lady to call the cops on me... i have a little more common sense than that. I know a metal receiver is out of the question, so thats why i'm turning to the next best thing...

any help would be appreciated.

thank you

All "technicalities" aside, I have never seen a clear or tinted receiver offered for sale, anywhere. I doubt there'd even be much of a market for it as players tend to upgrade from plastic bodies to metal when the plastic ones break. Even at that point, a receiver is a receiver, clear, tinted, black ABS or metal. They are all treated the same here. Off limits until you are Age Verified. Not sorry, that's the way it is here.
Old January 9th, 2010, 18:03   #14
Eclipse1

wow I forgot completely about this, sorry for not replying to your posts everyone.

I own an MP5, 100% Tokyo Marui compatible. I have already upgraded the hop up on it, so I know my way around the gun. And yes the receiver is cracked, not really threatening to the guns performance, I just can't play with the cocking lever anymore.
Old January 9th, 2010, 18:06   #15
kalnaren

MP5 makes it worse. MP5 recievers are rare as hell.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank