TMC Multicam Tropic?

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 10th, 2016, 08:54   #16
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I was under the impression the size measurements as advertised were accurate. Ie. Small is up to 32" etc...

Can someone confirm?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The waist sizing isn't the issue here; pant leg length is. It might fit your waist perfectly, but you'll be showing off calf when you kneel.
Old April 6th, 2016, 01:57   #17
MOARPOWER

So UR tactical is $236 USD for top and bottom. If I got a chance to buy a complete set of Cryes for $300 USD it means I should right ? Worth the extra 70 USD ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Everyone needs a hobby.

Airsoft is still cheaper than cocaine and plus I dont wake up naked in the woods anym....actually no that still happens with airsoft.
MOARPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 08:35   #18
WPJ

For sure jump on them
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 14:36   #19
Wilkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOARPOWER View Post
So UR tactical is $236 USD for top and bottom. If I got a chance to buy a complete set of Cryes for $300 USD it means I should right ? Worth the extra 70 USD ?
Crye G3 combat pants are going for more than that new, for just the pants. That's a steal
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 11:45   #20
Kayn

Or check out invader gear from Europe. You can order most stuff through amazon.co.uk Tehy are very much like UR gear. But fit way better. Actual sizing.

A problem is a chance for you to do your best.
Duke Ellington
Kayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 01:04   #21
Burner1352

Sorry to bring up an old topic. But I'm trying to figure out why the ops gear is cheaper then the real crye stuff. Is it made in China or something?
Burner1352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 13:11   #22
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Basically, yes. They do a fairly good job of sticking to US sizing though.
So if you're a med-reg, you'll fit their med-reg
They also save a lot of money by not being Crye. Remember; brand name markup is a real thing.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 13:56   #23
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner1352 View Post
Sorry to bring up an old topic. But I'm trying to figure out why the ops gear is cheaper then the real crye stuff. Is it made in China or something?
Here's a pic of the label I just took:

If you compare the OPS combat gear to something like Tru-Spec there is a noticeable quality and feeling or durability when you place them side-by-side. I've not got any Crye gear to compare it to, but I would guess the quality is very close.

The OPS sizing is north-american sizing.

I measure a size small and learned the hard way. I ordered a medium thinking I might eventually layer it over a sweater or cold-weather layer. Nope, still too big on me. In the end I re-ordered a small and it fits me perfectly.

If you are a medium-regular and want a tropic shirt, I'm selling one in the gear classifieds.

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 18:52   #24
Burner1352

Thanks for the info guys. Yes I get the brand name mark up on gear etc. I ordered there tropic multicam shorts and I was shocked at how nice they were. My team all wears the tropic and the arid, so we try to monitor what's out there and see how other guys make kit out of it. I must say after getting there shorts I will grab there pants as they are designed better then the tru spec ones. Medium sized would be nice, haven't worn that size since I was 8 or 10 lol, we call the bigger guys on the team part of the fluffy unit, as most are 6 foot plus and over 200lbs. If my wife needed a top I would grab it but she has hers already. Thanks again
Burner1352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2016, 19:50   #25
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the fabric is getting pretty cheap, it's probably easier to get in bulk now than the fake stuff. lol. In the last couple years there's been a very sharp uptick in chinese companies willing to make more legit product to compete in the face of really shitty, really cheap junk.

a lot of the HK airsoft sites are now selling legit gear and clothing. I'm guessing the market for it is a lot stronger and very sustainable.
Old June 12th, 2016, 00:22   #26
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
If you compare the OPS combat gear to something like Tru-Spec there is a noticeable quality and feeling or durability when you place them side-by-side. I've not got any Crye gear to compare it to, but I would guess the quality is very close.
Same material, fades the same, cryes are just more comfortable, and have better stitching.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion