Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The ASC forum review!

:

Reviews

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the ASC experience?
I feel way smarter after reading the sticky threads full of delicious technical info 28 40.58%
I'd prefer users to answer my questions one on one instead of linking me to sticky threads 8 11.59%
I think everyone does a great job answering questions quickly and correctly 34 49.28%
Y'all could be a lot friendlier 21 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 14th, 2014, 14:58   #46
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post

And cat pictures.
ASC is for cat pics too

Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 15:22   #47
L473ncy

Imgur and 9gag are for cat pics, geez guys.

Like this one

Old December 14th, 2014, 18:35   #48
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I know a forum and sticky clean up was discussed by admins and reps, but it has one major issue, it's a huge undertaking. So much information isn't relevant anymore, and not just that, but many of the legitimate threads become so mired in info that new players have to read tens of pages, and then, have to try and decypher oftn argued or paradoxical information. An example would be the "what gun should I buy" threads. Many players may recommend a Cyma to a newer player as a good starter gun, but others who view airsoft differently or have a higher cash flow may tell them to never-ever touch that brand.

Honestly, I find ASC to be a great tool. I think it's intrinsic to a good airsoft experience in Canada. If a newb posts a newb question in the newb section, and for whatever reason you don't feel like answering it for the nine-hundredth time, then don't. Either link them to the appropriate thread or just don't post anything. Save your flaming for the trolls or the spoon fed crowd.
Old December 14th, 2014, 22:35   #49
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Seeing as I already know what technical stuff is outdated, and what's still good, I can do that cleanup. But you'll have to make me an admin. And then deal with me banning anyone and everyone who thinks longer barrels offer any kind of range or accuracy improvement.
Starting with that Lindz guy.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 22:59   #50
professionalnewguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Seeing as I already know what technical stuff is outdated, and what's still good, I can do that cleanup. But you'll have to make me an admin. And then deal with me banning anyone and everyone who thinks longer barrels offer any kind of range or accuracy improvement.
Threaded barrels too?
professionalnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 00:52   #51
Ricochet

Quote:
HEY! Fu@k your mot&@r! I run a CQB length PTW now.
Old December 15th, 2014, 00:56   #52
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

Honestly, I find ASC to be a great tool. I think it's intrinsic to a good airsoft experience in Canada. If a newb posts a newb question in the newb section, and for whatever reason you don't feel like answering it for the nine-hundredth time, then don't. Either link them to the appropriate thread or just don't post anything. Save your flaming for the trolls or the spoon fed crowd.

There's a growing field attendee population up here that aren't aware of or don't care for internet forums. They just show up and play, have fun and go home. I think for casuals, these days it's almost not even necessary to know where you can buy guns. Some of these guys are showing up with some pretty good stuff and have never heard of the local ottawa forum or asc. I don't think they care either. They're obviously not terrible at finding stuff. There's probably 10-15 online vendors now in canada that are all of good or awesome quality.

For a more hardcore experience though, I think forums are going to be a catch all, guys who break their stuff and need to fix it, or look for bigger and better games. There's going to be the inevitable 'what else is there?' question.
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:15   #53
ThunderCactus

Our poll looks like a russian election.
130% of people voted and 90% of people said we're doing a good job lol
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:33   #54
Ricochet

Quote:
Our poll looks like a russian election.
130% of people voted and 90% of people said we're doing a good job lol
Yeah well, some of us have more than one account. I myself have eighty-three ASC accounts. Two of them voted that ASC is great the way it is, none voted that I need to drink more on a regular basis, twenty-eight voted that ASC is great the way it is, and the other two thousand were split between ASC is great the way it is, and that I like pizza. And all of that shit doesn't even make sense.
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:39   #55
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the poll in not really that accurate since you could put more than 1 option down.
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:36   #56
kalnaren

IMO ASC's best feature is some obscure technical information that's pretty much non-existent everywhere else (or very inaccurate). The problem is that this info is all over the damned forum. I've found 90% of it through Google or other links external to ASC. I know it would be a shitton of work, but compiling most of this info in a "technical compendium" section with some type of index or article listing would be amazing. This would be separate from the Doc corner's forum.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 12:08   #57
naminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
IMO ASC's best feature is some obscure technical information that's pretty much non-existent everywhere else (or very inaccurate). The problem is that this info is all over the damned forum. I've found 90% of it through Google or other links external to ASC. I know it would be a shitton of work, but compiling most of this info in a "technical compendium" section with some type of index or article listing would be amazing. This would be separate from the Doc corner's forum.
I agree with this. It would however be a MASSIVE undertaking. There should be a "everything" thread, maybe done by manufacturer. That way you could lump a large lineup of guns, accessories, reviews and tech data together.

The problem is ASC has about 2-3 dozen VERY long running threads that include about 95% of the search terms in them. These threads are also posted in frequently placing them at the top of the search fields. The search function basically dumps out the same threads every search and you need to go through them to find relevant information.

Ofcourse these are all very difficult hurdles to pass.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 13:30   #58
ThunderCactus

As bad as facebook is, it's still nowhere near as bad as some of the shit you see on yahoo
Old December 16th, 2014, 18:10   #59
naminator

Quote:
As bad as facebook is, it's still nowhere near as bad as some of the shit you see on yahoo
The fuck you talking about? Yahoo is a wealth of well thought out informative answers to perfectly legitimate questions.... such as:

"I can't see myself on google earth. I keep walking outside with my laptop. I even keep waving in an attempt to get my attention"

Or this Gem:

"Why does my arm shake and turn bright red when im eating dirt?"

Yes Yahoo is truly a wealth of glorious information from the scholars of today.

Facebook is about the same.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?

Last edited by naminator; December 16th, 2014 at 18:15..
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews