Review - TW WORKS NEW FCC DISTRIBUTOR

:

Reviews

Old May 15th, 2013, 15:51   #1
CattivoD

Review - TW WORKS NEW FCC DISTRIBUTOR

TW Works aka Jay aka Wildcard

Fucken AAAAAAAA+

Tired of second guessing my equipment, I "Invested" in a 2013 FCC M4 back in December. Gamed it once and noticed it had feed issues. Obviously upset I tried to reach FCC and somehow got in touch with Jay from TW Works. Based in Toronto, he basically drove straight to my place the next day (obviously I was pretty upset at the whole thing) Jay picked up my gun and accessories AND the dude lent me HIS fucken FCC 416 in the meantime!!! talk about standing by your product... it wasnt my gun but it was the next best thing.

Jay (TW Works) rush shipped my gun back to FCC and FCC stopped their C&C runs to re-make me a brand new gun. Apparently no fault of their own, my gun had the upper and lower mixed at customs with two different models, and that was the cause of fitment and feeding issues...

Now came the pleasant surprise. As another customer service gesture, they shipped me a bunch of extra's (Magpul stock, XTM grip, MBUS sights, replaced all 6 mags with newest versions) along with custom making me a C&C anodized body version!!!! 1st one in Canada and only release them to FCC staff. Jays getting one next lmao. Once it came in, Jay literally picked it up when it cleared and drove it straight to my place and throughout he was always responsive to texts, emails giving me updates in realtime. None of this 9-5 bullshit and getting back to you within 24hours etc.

Jay buddy -TW Works has earned a very loyal customer in me and I just bought another 18" SPR upper from him so I have a good outdoor option vs my original 10.5" CQB upper. I can be swap them quick depending on the game.

Cost for FCC's and PTW's are more than your typical AEG etc but I opted for a gun with one lower and two uppers for my collection vs having a bunch of guns I wouldn't use on my gun rack. And FCC's are IMO a huge upgrade to the systema system. FCC basically addressed all inherent flaws with past PTW's with their guns. Thats just my preference. This gun shoots lights out and so bad ass outdoors for reaching out at distance. Im also a big fan of the cylinder system.

Congrats to FCC for having a dude like Jay here in TO with TW Works and A+++ for stepping up so big.

If you're thinking about an FCC dont hesitate to deal with Jay he likes the best of the best and his airsoft road has lead him to FCC. So much in fact, that he started his company and now rep's them in TO lmao. Hes not only a client...

See finished product attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2316.jpg (1.69 MB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2320.JPG (1.74 MB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2321.jpg (638.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2322.jpg (1.84 MB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2325.JPG (1.74 MB, 83 views)

Last edited by CattivoD; May 15th, 2013 at 16:01..
CattivoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 19:51   #2
mcguyver

Out of curiosity, was the feed issue simply a matter fitment between upper and lower, or as a result of a canted magwell?

I have a feed issue with their Noveske lower that persists no matter which upper I use, and occurs only with PMags.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 21:18   #3
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Thank you for the kind words and support I'm glad we can assist you with the issue, I really can't take the credit it belongs to FCC. Your issue is unique and pure coincedental each CNC body is made with 1 block of solid aluminum and as after each process there will a very slight variance in the tolerance and as such its important that the upper and lower are not mixed up, all the new CNC and any bodies will have serial numbers matching the lower and upper to prevent the same issue. Both Chris and I are proud to be able to represent FCC in Ontario, like you both of us are active players who are frustrated by the lack of support when it comes to Systema PTW platform and when we discovered the quality and the service FCC provide to their customer, we decide that we would like to be part of that team. Once again thank you for your support and look forward to shooting you in the field.

@Brad the issue in hand this time is a matter of different upper and lower that was accidentally sold to David, his new gun was shooting lasers when we tried them, as far as I know PTS mags do have issue fitting, the weird thing was I have a few that I bought off Toronto airsoft that fits and feed with no issue on the FFL but not on the 416 and there are some of the later ones that I bought off EHobby Asia that don't fit and when they do they misfeed like there is no tommorow. the PTS Pmag do misfeed but their Emag are actually a whole lot better especially on the FCC 416.

Last edited by wildcard; May 16th, 2013 at 16:43..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 22:26   #4
mcguyver

Mine are real PMags. They feed fine in the Systema, but not in the FCC lower with either the real upper or the Systema upper. Those PMags don't fit the 416.

That Noveske lower works fine with steel Systema mags, but who the hell wants to carry around a bunch of those?

Old May 15th, 2013, 22:55   #5
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattivoD View Post
along with custom making me a C&C anodized body version!!!! 1st one in Canada and only release them to FCC staff.
second one in Canada...
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 23:04   #6
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Mine are real PMags. They feed fine in the Systema, but not in the FCC lower with either the real upper or the Systema upper. Those PMags don't fit the 416.

That Noveske lower works fine with steel Systema mags, but who the hell wants to carry around a bunch of those?
FCC are bound by the strict firearm laws in HK, therefore their lower cannot accomodate any RS spec magazine the difference is a very minor almost unnoticeable but still effective enough that a RS mag wont click in without extensive modifications and FCC Noveske lower will shoot pretty much every PTW mag except some of the PTS mag however the PTS Emag will fit on the 416. There are people who manage to mod a RS PMAG to fit the FCC lower and worked flawlessly but unfortunately they can't do this in HK.

Last edited by wildcard; May 16th, 2013 at 02:13..
Old May 15th, 2013, 23:06   #7
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
second one in Canada...
Your rifle don't count it was a Demo, his is scratch build that was originaly for me, now I have to wait another three months for mine.

Last edited by wildcard; May 16th, 2013 at 01:59..
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:16   #8
IggysPiggy

Glad to hear someone's having success with there FCC products. God what a nightmare so far, couldn't have opened shop in January? Woulda saved me huge headaches and made you a lotta money lol

Last edited by IggysPiggy; May 16th, 2013 at 10:18..
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:38   #9
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
There are people who manage to mod a RS PMAG to fit the FCC lower and worked flawlessly but unfortunately they can't do this in HK.

Is their a instruction/tuorial on this for the magazine or the magwell? All of my TW mags are converted live fire Pmags from the states or acquired locally. -if- I buy a FCC lower I have low patience for modifying the magazines/magwell

PS
You guys never got back to me on a price quote.
Quote:
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory

Last edited by Azathoth; May 16th, 2013 at 12:42..
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 13:02   #10
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
Is their a instruction/tuorial on this for the magazine or the magwell? All of my TW mags are converted live fire Pmags from the states or acquired locally. -if- I buy a FCC lower I have low patience for modifying the magazines/magwell

PS
You guys never got back to me on a price quote.
You need to modify the RS Pmags to fit in the FCC lowers, Please email me at jay@tw-works.com or Chris@tw-works.com
PM inbound

Last edited by wildcard; May 16th, 2013 at 13:07..
Old May 16th, 2013, 16:16   #11
mcguyver

PMags lock fine. The magwell is the problem.

Old May 16th, 2013, 16:23   #12
wildcard

Quote:
FCC are bound by the strict firearm laws in HK, therefore their lower cannot accomodate any RS spec magazine the difference is a very minor almost unnoticeable but still effective enough that a RS mag wont click in without extensive modifications and FCC Noveske lower will shoot pretty much every PTW mag except some of the PTS mag however the PTS Emag will fit on the 416. There are people who manage to mod a RS PMAG to fit the FCC lower and worked flawlessly but unfortunately they can't do this in HK.
Quote:
PMags lock fine. The magwell is the problem.
To comply with the strict firearms laws in HK ALL FCC Lowers will not accept RS Magazine due to a slight difference in the dimension and CNC process, the only way to do so is to modify the mags itself, The mag may lock in but it will have misfeeds and jams and the lower will not accept any RS trigger system as original 3 pin holes found in RS lowers will be in a different spot in a FCC Lower. One of the main reason of the blanket ban in the states for WA/WETTI/Systema PTW aside for comical ATF officer claiming that it can fire a live round is that all the dimension are accurate to the RS counterparts and on some right down to those pinholes that hold the trigger mechanism, So in a way FCC guns are similar to their RS in dimensions but a minor difference small enough that RS magazine or triggers cannot be installed without a buttload of modifications.

Last edited by wildcard; May 16th, 2013 at 16:59..
Old May 16th, 2013, 16:32   #13
Sha Do

Quote:
To comply with the strict firearms laws in HK ALL FCC Lowers will not accept RS Magazine due to a slight difference in the dimension and CNC process, the only way to do so is to modify the mags itself, The mag may lock in but it will have misfeeds and jams and the lower will not accept any RS trigger system as original 3 pin holes found in RS lowers will be in a different spot in a FCC Lower
Good to know Bro!!
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2014, 17:13   #14
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

Anyone talk to or hear from Jay Wildcard lately, i know he had some medical issues as of late, however it is vital i get a hold of him.

let me know if any of you guys have spoken to him lately

cheers
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 02:00   #15
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
I can give him a shout if its important, but jay is a very very busy man
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews