Old January 4th, 2013, 17:56   #271
GSK88

Disco....That is a beautiful patio!
Old January 4th, 2013, 17:57   #272
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK88 View Post
Disco....That is a beautiful patio!
Pft we all know those fly kicks in the shot are yours. Nice photo taking skills!

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 18:07   #273
Off_kilter

The RPK74m a lct?

It is damn sexy!
Old January 4th, 2013, 18:19   #274
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_kilter View Post
The RPK74m a lct?

It is damn sexy!
Echo 1 if I'm not mistaken.
Old January 4th, 2013, 18:26   #275
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_kilter View Post
The RPK74m a lct?

It is damn sexy!
Echo1/Cyma.

It's alright. LCT would have been too expensive, but considering the crap bipod, front sight, and stock folding mechanism, it would have been a better choice. What I like about it is the solid, one piece barrel. Even the LCT uses an extension.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 19:42   #276
Off_kilter

Yeah I havnt held one of the lct RPKs so I can't really comment on them. My cyma rpk-74 is pretty meh.

Though real steel bipods are really easy to install!
Old January 4th, 2013, 19:47   #277
MADDOG

Side note, anyone here have a black king arms or similar full stock for an AK kicking around unused, I can't seem to find any in the classifieds. Any condition is fine. PM me

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 23:27   #278
MooseHead92

Anyone know how tough the Dboys AKS-74U side rail mount is when it comes to handling a heavier optics package? I have their full steel AKS-74U for a custom project, but I don't want to damage/bend my lower. I'll have a side-mount attachment, and that whole assembly in the photo will mount on top. I'm interested to know whether or not the durability of the lower (stamped steel, thickness 1mm or 1/25") will allow it to bear roughly 800 grams of weight.

Just curious... Either way, I think I'll play safe and build an advanced Russian scope stabilizing system, composed of cutting-edge plumbing gaskets Gorilla-glued together to the right spacing height between the AK's top cover and the bottom plate of the side rail, and a small adjustable strap to keep it from wobbling over to the other side.

Edit: Anyone know whether you can simply mount an upper-half handguard RIS and keep the wooden lower? That would be even better than the side-mount, since I could mount my optics further and reduce "dot fishing"... And I don't get to look like a total SOPMOD Russian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_3904.JPG (1.07 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by MooseHead92; January 9th, 2013 at 00:14.. Reason: Added extra idea.
MooseHead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:16   #279
Slow
Loves Furries

The side mounts should all be strong enough unless it is plastic(which there are some). If the side mount is riveted in...good to go. If its screwed in, lock it in.

Quote:
Anyone know whether you can simply mount an upper-half handguard RIS and keep the wooden lower? That would be even better than the side-mount, since I could mount my optics further and reduce "dot fishing"... And I don't get to look like a total SOPMOD Russian.

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 18:34   #280
paulwes83

The railed gas tube in the picture above will definitely work on a DBoys AK, but the AKS-74U has a shortened gas tube, so that one won't fit yours without you changing up the whole front end. Dboys current line up of AKs are all based off of the VFC design which is based off of the real steel design.

The CYMA made and WE tech made railed gas tubes will both fit a DBoys, VFC, LCT, CYMA, G&G and any other AK AEG with real steel design. For your AKS-74U though, you'll need to pick up the Dynamic Star shortened gas rail for AKS-74U models.

Using that setup though, might make your AEG front heavy if you're putting on 800g of weight. The DBoys side mount is screwed on, but if you simply remove the screws, apply some PL construction adhesive to the back, then screw it back on, it should work. Wait for the adhesive to cure, then you'll be good to go. Although the DBoys steel receivers aren't the greatest form of steel, they're quite good for the money and stand up to a shyte load of abuse, unlike the CYMA steel receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHead92 View Post
Anyone know how tough the Dboys AKS-74U side rail mount is when it comes to handling a heavier optics package? I have their full steel AKS-74U for a custom project, but I don't want to damage/bend my lower. I'll have a side-mount attachment, and that whole assembly in the photo will mount on top. I'm interested to know whether or not the durability of the lower (stamped steel, thickness 1mm or 1/25") will allow it to bear roughly 800 grams of weight.

Just curious... Either way, I think I'll play safe and build an advanced Russian scope stabilizing system, composed of cutting-edge plumbing gaskets Gorilla-glued together to the right spacing height between the AK's top cover and the bottom plate of the side rail, and a small adjustable strap to keep it from wobbling over to the other side.

Edit: Anyone know whether you can simply mount an upper-half handguard RIS and keep the wooden lower? That would be even better than the side-mount, since I could mount my optics further and reduce "dot fishing"... And I don't get to look like a total SOPMOD Russian.

Last edited by paulwes83; January 9th, 2013 at 18:37..
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:52   #281
Strelok

Dboys AKS74. Internally redone, just needs a faster motor as this one just seems to putter along. And yeah, the takedown latch snapped off, since i'm dumb.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:36   #282
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHead92 View Post

When in doubt pl will stick the rail on the receiver. That's what is holding my optic plate on my rpk after the NSPU yanked the screws out of the aluminum receiver.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:53   #283
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
My brain just essplooded.
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:57   #284
Off_kilter

Old January 15th, 2013, 07:44   #285
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
Mmmmmmmm dat RPK. Can't wait to see that in action!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media