Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE and TM Hi-Capas

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 21st, 2009, 22:17   #1
sushicake

WE and TM Hi-Capas

are they 100% compatible? or did WE steal the frame design and used their own internals?
Old January 21st, 2009, 22:26   #2
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

They're fully compatible, but get a TM. less headaches
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:07   #3
hongkong100
14 Years Old

i bag too differ the we is getting better with a lower lemon rate and since its 100% compatible you don't have too pay 100 or so bucks for a metal slide
hongkong100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:11   #4
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

That's right. You don't HAVE to pay more money to get a nice quality metal slide... Instead, you just get a crappy metal slide right out of the box when you buy a WE!

j/k... sorta. I love bashing WE, but the truth is, you get a lot of bang for your buck if you're looking at an out-of-the-box pistol experience.

Accuracy and performance has NEVER been a strong point of WE, and despite being out for so many years, they've done nothing to improve that. They had a huge gap to fill as far as durability and they're still patching that up now. The wobble between the inner barrel and outer barrel - and again between the outer barrel and the slide - and again between the slide and the receiver have always been horrendous, IMHO.

If you're looking for a platform for upgrading, just skip over the WE and get a Marui. You DO get what you pay for, when you're buying a Marui versus a clone.

But if you're just looking for a gun to do some <20' bedroom plinking for sh!tz and gigglez, then a WE can get you there, all metal for a low price.

Last edited by ILLusion; January 22nd, 2009 at 01:15..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:14   #5
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

The TM Hi-Capas are known for their hop-up and that it performs excellent right out of the box.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:14   #6
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

the one WE hi-capa OP Irene that I had had a really heavy metal slide and it wouldn't get too many shots off with propane, could only be effectively used with co2
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:29   #7
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Sushi don't your remember Skalnoks WE 1911 now that shows that WE has gotten better but if you are going for the WE hicapa its a stepback in quality.

The WE Hicapa although may be fun at first eventually problems arise sooner.

While that WE MEU I would have to say definitely shows WE is getting better though their parts will eventually break but it seems to function way better than the WE Hicapas

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:08   #8
Azathoth

We Hicapa Metal slide cracked after 5 shots. Marui plastic slide on Propane is at 15k, guard 150% recoil spring starting to show wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:14   #9
Crunchmeister

I've put a couple of thousand rounds through my WE High Capa and it's worked great so far. I've had no issues with it. The only parts that was replaced was the hopup rubber, and that made a nice difference in its accuracy. Otherwise, I'm happy with it.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:39   #10
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I've put a couple of thousand rounds through my WE High Capa and it's worked great so far. I've had no issues with it. The only parts that was replaced was the hopup rubber, and that made a nice difference in its accuracy. Otherwise, I'm happy with it.
I think after fiddling with a bunch WE Hicapas I find its like a lottery

You Crunch won the lottery
I won the lottery too after 1/5 fiddlings with WE Hicapas

Its a great a starter gun don't get me wrong, but definitely a gun that you would need to learn the workings of a GBB as the parts a abundant and TM parts can be put into it too, so you shouldn't have a problem with fixing it that is a advantage

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 13:20   #11
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
I think after fiddling with a bunch WE Hicapas I find its like a lottery

You Crunch won the lottery
I won the lottery too after 1/5 fiddlings with WE Hicapas

Its a great a starter gun don't get me wrong, but definitely a gun that you would need to learn the workings of a GBB as the parts a abundant and TM parts can be put into it too, so you shouldn't have a problem with fixing it that is a advantage
Yeah. I've seen a couple of WE Hi Capas that basically fell apart. I landed a good one. My girlfriend's is also solid and problem free. However, I knew this was a gamble from the start, and it's the reason I went with the Hi Capa instead of a 1911. I knew all the parts were TM compatible, so cheap and reasonably easy to repair should something go awry. So far, I haven't had to do anything to it, and the only "problem" is the right side thumb safety is a bit loose, but that's a common issue with WE Hi Capas that I was aware of before buying. Since I'm right handed, it's not an issue for me at all.

In terms of performance, it shoots 320 fps, has a good range and is reasonably accurate. I forgot to mention in my original post that I also installed a 6.03 tightbore, which helps with the accuracy, but out of the box is was pretty decent.

All that being said though, I do plan to replace the slide in the future with something a bit lighter. My only real complaint with the gun so far as that the slide is big and heavy, so its action is not quite as snappy as I'd like. Gives an awesome kick when you shoot it, but the return to battery is a bit slow compared to all my other guns.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 13:31   #12
Dragate

i'm thinking of getting a hi capa soon

someone has offered me a we... the same one crunchmeister has.
Since you guys talk of all the unreliability, i'm kinda having doubts.

And this is where the very nooby question comes in. In chaning parts on a gbb, are there parts for all sections of the hi capas? Like most tm hicapas i don't liek the colour scheme, but with a few changes i could have waht i want right?
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 14:50   #13
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
i'm thinking of getting a hi capa soon

someone has offered me a we... the same one crunchmeister has.
Since you guys talk of all the unreliability, i'm kinda having doubts.

And this is where the very nooby question comes in. In chaning parts on a gbb, are there parts for all sections of the hi capas? Like most tm hicapas i don't liek the colour scheme, but with a few changes i could have waht i want right?
The rarest part to find is the Hop-up unit. You can get every single part out there except that part.
Colour scheme? What do you mean? There's only black or black and stainless.

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Old January 22nd, 2009, 15:03   #14
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

hop-up unit is tough, TM bo-mar rear sight, a few small springs, those are the toughies.

Everything else can pretty much be upgraded with an aftermarket piece.

The hi-capa's colour schemes are generally very limited to silvers and blacks, but you can get different finishes like a matte silver or a mirror finish like RacingManiacs. Other colours that will define your pistol is the plastic grip, shooters design and WE make quite a few colors ranging from black, blue, purple, grey, clear, OD (tanio koba grip), etc.

Midframe wise the only other colour from matt silver, shiny silver, and black is Tanio Koba's kimber mid frame, which comes in OD. although those are extremely rare to come by now. I think Illusions manufacturer can anodize their parts to gold if you really want that bling look.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 15:05   #15
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

There are rare limited edition plastic red slides different colours actually and different coloured TM grips. I'll see if I can find the pictures.

CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank