Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui Five Seven problems?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 15th, 2010, 02:19   #1
sushicake

Tokyo Marui Five Seven problems?

I've been looking into the Five Seven recently and it has occured to me that it is apparently prone to problems on propane.

Does anyone know what kind of problems they maybe? Well besides the hop-up issue that one I already know about.
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:05   #2
Skladfin

I havent had any problem with mine using propane, gamed over 10 times(And actually used it and killed a bunch with it)

prolly almost 10000 rds before I sold it.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:38   #3
tunabreath

The hop up/chamber/outer barrel problem is quickly and permanently solvable. I sealed the chamber with silicone gasket maker (it's still openable, but the outer barrel completely fixed).

There is only one other serious problem that I have encountered. The rails in the slide are separate pieces from the body of the blowback chamber. They are held on to the side of the blowback chamber by a cast pin and a screw. The pin is very easily sheared off under the heavy recoil of the 5-7. This leads to loose rails, which in turn leads to loose slide fit, a slightly less reliable slide catch, and occasional slide catching (most notable when liquid gas enters the blowback chamber, jarring the slide severely and knocking the rails low, which then snags on other parts on the frame).

Note that this has a very low impact on performance. I've only had one stoppage in a game due to this EVER, and I have used my 5-7 in every game I've been to since I bought it almost a year ago. It has netted me more kills than perhaps any other pistol I've used. Despite the looser slide/frame fit, the barrel and chamber are still held very rigidly when in battery, so accuracy is still top notch. The stoppages can be fixed instantly by just tapping the back of the slide forward and into battery.

I suspect that this issue could be solved by epoxying the blowback chamber and rails into the slide (to give it more support), but that would obviously be irreversible. Alternately, it may be possible to tap two more holes in the place of the sheared off pins and use two more screws to hold the slack end of the rail on. There may not be enough material in that section of the blowback chamber though. The best solution would be an aftermarket or custom blowback chamber that is cast with the rails as one piece, but as of yet, I don't believe one exists.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion