Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Batteries!?

:

Accessories Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2006, 20:06   #1
Woodworker420
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belleville Ontario
Batteries!?

Ok, so im a newb to the scene of Airsoft, and have been doing as much reseach as possible before jumping head first into the sport. I have read many informative and helpful threads on this website, but still had a few questions. Sorry if this isnt the right category for this question, i tried seaching but couldnt find it.

I have learned that internals and battery size should be the main influence on the decision for your first AEG, looks can come second to funtion. I understand that a large battery is superior to a small battery (use and location depending) I was trying to find out if a Large 8.4V battery is the same as a 8.4 Stick battery

I believe that i may have narrowed my choices for AEG's down to the TM AK 47,TM G3 Series, or SG series. Looks are the next decision, but the SG series runs on a 8.4 Stick, so i wasnt sure if it was the same.

Thanks
__________________
Woodworker420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 20:12   #2
Rumpel Felt
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Normal stick batteries are just small batteries in straight rod.

The information you're reading is a little old. Buy Intellect cells. You can get 1400mah out of a classic old time 600mah package or up to 4200 with a large battery.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 20:24   #3
Droc
Guest
a stick battery is usually what? 600mah? whereas a large 8.4 can be 3000mah to upwards of 4000mah
  Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 21:11   #4
Woodworker420
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belleville Ontario
Great thanks for the info, so then any recomendations on the gun choice, or would you say im on the right track and now its a matter of personal choice. I want something that has good upgrade potential, both internal and accesories, but at the same time has good "out of the box" power, and plenty of headroom for increasing accuracy and range.
__________________
Woodworker420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 21:25   #5
Droc
Guest
just check the "best AEG" thread
  Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 21:27   #6
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
Hm, large or mini is probably your best choice. The size difference between 8.4v and 9.6v larges and minis are not all that significant, maybe a cm or two. The size difference between a 8.4v and 9.6v stick is the length of an entire battery cell.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 22:07   #7
Rumpel Felt
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker420
Great thanks for the info, so then any recomendations on the gun choice, or would you say im on the right track and now its a matter of personal choice. I want something that has good upgrade potential, both internal and accesories, but at the same time has good "out of the box" power, and plenty of headroom for increasing accuracy and range.
Buy a CA gun. Get 1 or 2 Intellect 1400mah mini/sticks for it or 1 4200mah'sh depending on what gun and you'll be good to go for a gun and power.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 22:18   #8
LUTNIT
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Felt
Buy a CA gun. Get 1 or 2 Intellect 1400mah mini/sticks for it or 1 4200mah'sh depending on what gun and you'll be good to go for a gun and power.
Only buy the newer CA guns, the older ones are terrible pieces of crap.

M15A4, M41, SL105, or any other of their new or recent releases. The older ones have long lists of problems, Classic Army only recently (in the last year or two) pulled up their socks and started to make quality items again. Or you could get an ICS or any of the other full metal guns, just go read the best AEG thread, just dont buy any TM guns unless no other company makes em, trust me, I spent $1000 to get a full metal M733 with crane stock starting from a stock TM gun but could have gotten the same thing for maybe 2/3 the price from the companies that make full metal guns stock.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 23:12   #9
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb
 
Mantelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Unless you're looking at crazy upgrades, a dozen hicaps, or a 24-hour game with no ammo limit, a single 1400mAh mini battery should be enough for anyone. You'll get well over 2000 rounds out of a stock gun... who needs more than that in one day? A SAW gunner, but that's about it...
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:52   #10
Woodworker420
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belleville Ontario
Quote:
Only buy the newer CA guns, the older ones are terrible pieces of crap.

M15A4, M41, SL105, or any other of their new or recent releases. The older ones have long lists of problems, Classic Army only recently (in the last year or two) pulled up their socks and started to make quality items again. Or you could get an ICS or any of the other full metal guns, just go read the best AEG thread, just dont buy any TM guns unless no other company makes em, trust me, I spent $1000 to get a full metal M733 with crane stock starting from a stock TM gun but could have gotten the same thing for maybe 2/3 the price from the companies that make full metal guns stock.
Well i really like the overall appearance of the m4's and they seem to be very popular so that means that parts would be readily available, and upgrades seem plentiful, but i had leaned away from it when realizing that it used an 8.4 mini, and was moving more towards the classic G3, but you are saying that i could get an 8.4 mini with 1400mah, and that would be plenty for a day on the field.
Ill check out the best AEG thread too, im sure there is some good advice in there too.
THanks for the advice :-)
__________________
Woodworker420 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.