Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui vs Stark Arms Glock externals

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 4th, 2017, 14:14   #1
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

Tokyo Marui vs Stark Arms Glock externals

with all the guns I own, I eventually plan to make them all very tacticool and attach suppressors to them. however being the collector, externals are also very important. from observation, SA glocks are 1:1 to the real thing in terms of trademarks (as with any other VFC GBBs) and dimensions but for the life of me I cannot find any threaded outer barrels.

so I'll be looking at upgrading a stock TM G17, but can anyone tell me how the externals are vs the SA G17 externals?
Old April 4th, 2017, 15:22   #2
Windows

Externals are plastic Barrel, slide and trigger. Internals are very well made. Slide is ~2mm taller above the barrel than real one. Trade marks are TM not RS.
Old April 6th, 2017, 15:39   #3
Tuzi

Hey NAAZ, as a collector myself... my opinion is that there's nothing much to appreciate with the TM glock 17 out of the box as far as aesthetics go, especially when you compare them to the SA17 or SA G17's for fit and form, and trademarks.
However what TM does have merit to, is being popular enough that every other vendor out there produces parts and kits that are in support of TM's design... at least in their opinion. In a practical sense, finding everything you want to adapt to TM's platform is a bit of an art form and luck needs to be on your side. Even with the plethora or forum resources and people giving their experiences, the only constant is that there's more after market options for TM than there is for SA/vFC for glocks.
The "TM glock platform" is not a true off-the-shelf drop in with stuff... some components work better with others, and most require a bit of technical finesse, hence the near full builds out there like the RA slide kits... excellent kits, expensive, but someone's done the work and made sure it all works together.
Tuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 16:22   #4
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

^^^ cheers for the info.

I don't mind getting the aftermarket slide and frame for the TM, as well getting a fixed serial tag. It might also be easier to find a threaded barrel, but is the TM slide/frame only a few mm off from the real counterpart?

eventually I'd get a real steel carbine kit, so I'm taking that into consideration as well.
Old April 6th, 2017, 18:15   #5
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
My TM glock that ive basically replace everything on and only have the metal brace that holds the internals together still.... fits in a real steel g-code Glock 17 holster. I had to sand it slightly for a perfect fit, but it was like a 5 minute job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion