FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 5th, 2013, 13:34   #1681
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
So I finally got around to doing this before I left to go far far away from Kingston...
That's a pretty good looking job that you did there. It makes my solution look ghetto. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
One last thing about this, this barrel is compatible with any slide, correct? I don't foresee any problems marrying it to other brand slides since it won't touch the lugs at all.

Or would you recommend I acquire a matching Illusion Kinetics slide as well?
As always, I can only guarantee fitment with matching brand parts.

I'd mentioned earlier, that fitting the ILLusion Kinetics barrel with a Guarder slide will require a bit of modification to the recoil spring guide bushing. But otherwise, it works well, and I have a Guarder setup here that's like that.

I've been able to fit it well to Shooters Design slides as well, but again, I can't guarantee that fitment will always hold true. I've noticed that Shooters Design products have a slight drifting in dimensions and tolerance over time.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 13:38   #1682
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skag187 View Post
so, 6.03mm nine ball it will be then
its just difficult to justify $100.00 for an outer barrel (crazy would be a better word, as that's more than 1/2 the cost of a new TM extreme)
so I guess a tilting barrel for now, or maybe just the threaded on front part
There's a reason why Tokyo Marui created the Xtreme with a fixed barrel setup.

With the rate of fire of that slide, as well as the drastically increased cycle count over a semi-auto version, you will quickly destroy any slide/barrel combo that you put in there, if you use a tilting barrel. You're better off keeping the stock barrel in there.

Quote:
I have been having trouble finding fiber optic sights for a 4.3, that's w hy I was going to settle on the dytac glo sights
but if you, or anyone knows of an adjustable set of fiber sights for a 4.3 please, by all means let me know (my google-fu seems to be weak this am)
There are no fibre optic sights for the 4.3 rear sight, as far as I've seen. The front sight is a standard Hi-Capa dovetail mount, so any of the 5.1 fibre optic sights you see will fit.

The easiest option, is still Daysiters if you want something of the sort:

Old January 5th, 2013, 16:52   #1683
skag187

Wait, the stock barrel/chamber is allready fixed?
So I could just thread a metal front onto the stock chamber?
That's great to hear
skag187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 21:05   #1684
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
That's a pretty good looking job that you did there. It makes my solution look ghetto. LOL
lol. To be fair, the plastic stock barrel was very easy to work around I can't say I can pull off the same result with the metal one. lol.

Quote:
As always, I can only guarantee fitment with matching brand parts.

I'd mentioned earlier, that fitting the ILLusion Kinetics barrel with a Guarder slide will require a bit of modification to the recoil spring guide bushing. But otherwise, it works well, and I have a Guarder setup here that's like that.

I've been able to fit it well to Shooters Design slides as well, but again, I can't guarantee that fitment will always hold true. I've noticed that Shooters Design products have a slight drifting in dimensions and tolerance over time.
Well, I'm not scared of a bit of modification work to the other parts. I'm more scared of butchering the IK piece and it's finish if it comes down to it. Which I probably wont have the heart to. lol.

To be honest, I'm tired of working with the Guarder slide. I've had it....
Old January 6th, 2013, 00:38   #1685
skag187

Quote:
There's a reason why Tokyo Marui created the Xtreme with a fixed barrel setup.

With the rate of fire of that slide, as well as the drastically increased cycle count over a semi-auto version, you will quickly destroy any slide/barrel combo that you put in there, if you use a tilting barrel. You're better off keeping the stock barrel in there.

There are no fibre optic sights for the 4.3 rear sight, as far as I've seen. The front sight is a standard Hi-Capa dovetail mount, so any of the 5.1 fibre optic sights you see will fit.

The easiest option, is still Daysiters if you want something of the sort:

I had no idea the stock TM barrel setup on these was fixed from TM. You seem to have a lot of knowledge of the TM extreme
those daysiters you showed look great, aluminum by chance?
either way they do look good, could I get a link?, or do you sell them?
Old January 7th, 2013, 14:16   #1686
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Wait, the stock barrel/chamber is allready fixed?
So I could just thread a metal front onto the stock chamber?
That's great to hear
Woah.... let's reel that back a bit.
I only said the former. I said nothing of the latter.

I know of no aftermarket metal outer barrel that you can just stick on to the OEM chamber. All of the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa outer barrels I've seen, are just friction fit and glued together. There is no threading.

Quote:
I had no idea the stock TM barrel setup on these was fixed from TM. You seem to have a lot of knowledge of the TM extreme
I'd say I have a pretty good working knowledge of all TM Hi-Capa's and 1911's. Hence, the title of this thread and why I created it.

Here's a video of an Extreme I built for a customer:

Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 4.3 Xtreme Full Metal Custom Build Test Fire - YouTube

Quote:
those daysiters you showed look great, aluminum by chance?
either way they do look good, could I get a link?, or do you sell them?
No, not aluminum. They're just stick-on dots that you can attach to any existing open sight system.

I do sell them. $14 for a set of 8 dots. One colour (red or green). $16 if you want to do a combo set of 4 red dots and 4 green dots.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:00   #1687
skag187

gotcha
Of course I saw that video
thats why I tracked you down to this forum, and registered
its the only way to get illusion kinetics parts, and advise
Old January 10th, 2013, 22:26   #1688
skag187

BTW
how do I place an order with Illusion Kinetics?
Old January 15th, 2013, 17:22   #1689
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Just send me a PM with your request, and I'll quote back to you.

Unfortunately, I don't have an automated system at this time. Haven't considered it, but I might do it in the near future, since I'm finding it hard to come online these days.
Old January 16th, 2013, 15:12   #1690
T[]RK

Thumbs up

Special Thanks for ILLusion!

Little story:
Today i am looked for original photos of Kimber SIS Custom RL (to start\think about to build one based on HurricanE Kit). The main problem is page is gone from the official Kimber site and i can't get reference image (like i did before with Desert Warrior). Only one official source of it - Kimber Catalog (2009 year) and Kimber itself (their archives or something like that). And there was a pic (on page #25), so that mean photos was actually taked. But how get original images then they gone from official site? The answer on that quiestion is easy (and stupid) - Google! But not usual way we are know about (typing "search words" like: "Kimber SIS Custom RL photos" and hit Enter button). The advanced one - take a screenshot from the Kimber catalog (2009) of Kimber SIS Custom RL and upload it to a Google! Let Google do all the job (which it's fail of course. LOL!). Anyway, Google founded small pics (250x250) which was posted directly from the official site and have original way on it and file name! So, now i have file name "large_sis_custom_rl.jpg". AWESOME! Going to google again and copy and paste name to it and hit Enter again! BINGO! First link and High-res image of SIS Custom RL... Looking on user profile... WTH - ILLusion! It's roll me back in past when i am looked for help with my Desert Warrior.

So, as part of "thanks giving" i am sharing some nice photos with people.

High-res Kimber Desert Warrior (1040x920)
http://www.theduke.de/content/mediab...ior_beauty.jpg

High-res Kimber Custom Covert II (1200x1200)
http://images.rockwellarms.com/Produ...ertII-alt1.jpg

High-res Kimber Tactical Entry II (white background)
http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/...l-entry-ii.png

Last edited by T[]RK; January 16th, 2013 at 15:34..
T[]RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 15:25   #1691
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Nice! Those are some epic Google-fu skills!
Old January 16th, 2013, 15:41   #1692
T[]RK

Exclamation

Quote:
Nice! Those are some epic Google-fu skills!
Haha... Indeed.

REAL pain will be to find Kimber BP Ten (for KJW KP-08).

P.S. It it even possible to install proper slide? Which system clone it is?

One more:

High-res Kimber Royal II (1200x1200)
http://images.rockwellarms.com/Produ...yalII-alt1.jpg

Last edited by T[]RK; January 16th, 2013 at 15:53..
T[]RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 16:00   #1693
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T[]RK View Post
Haha... Indeed.

REAL pain will be to find Kimber BP Ten (for KJW KP-08).

P.S. It it even possible to install proper slide? Which system clone it is?

One more:

High-res Kimber Royal II (1200x1200)
http://images.rockwellarms.com/Produ...yalII-alt1.jpg
Good luck with finding a Kimber BP Ten. The closest I've ever seen in terms of the style, is the Marushin shell ejecting Kimber. The markings indicated it was a Gold Match TEN, though.

As for installing a "proper" slide, yes - it's possible. I've done it a few times, but you may need to replace a few other parts (such as the sight and blowback assembly). The KJW Hi-Capas are a clone of the Marui system.
Old January 16th, 2013, 17:04   #1694
sammynac99

Hey illusion, I messaged you regarding my hi-capa but haven't received a response back, it is running fine with propane and am wondering about longevity. Also I am using WE hi capa magazines, I haven't been able to find tm mags for it but I have one that came with it, the thing is really quite a beast, ball on ball accuracy.
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 17:12   #1695
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
Hey illusion, I messaged you regarding my hi-capa but haven't received a response back, it is running fine with propane and am wondering about longevity. Also I am using WE hi capa magazines, I haven't been able to find tm mags for it but I have one that came with it, the thing is really quite a beast, ball on ball accuracy.
I just sent you the response about 5 minutes ago.

But to answer the question so everyone can see, the Marui Hi-Capa series, despite being plastic, holds up fine to propane. The 5.1 has a tendency to crack at the rear sight dovetail... but it's not consistent. Some users see it break after 5000 rounds... some will never see it. If anyone who's had this happen to them wants to chime in, please feel free.

As for the 4.3, that thing is a beast. It will hold up to propane no problem at all.

As for finding TM mags... I have plenty in stock. Let me know by PM which size you want, and how many.

Cheers,.
Brian
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications