Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 24th, 2012, 16:38   #1651
kar120c

Yes, steel outer barrel and Guarder 150% recoil spring are also planned to buy.
Do you think that bb unit and hop up chamber of the Desert Warrior may be different from Hi-capa ones and dosen't fit the 4.3 Guarder slide? but the DW isn't a MEU with a Hi-Capa 4.3 slide?
I have the most troubled pistol to upgrade and at this point I think that the Guarder kit (frame+slide) designed for the DW may be the only choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I cannot assure you that.

Whenever doing a metal slide upgrade on a 4.3, it's always recommended to also upgrade the outer barrel to a metal one, a stronger recoil spring, and an enhanced loading nozzle.
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:31   #1652
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Yes, steel outer barrel and Guarder 150% recoil spring are also planned to buy.
Do you think that bb unit and hop up chamber of the Desert Warrior may be different from Hi-capa ones and dosen't fit the 4.3 Guarder slide? but the DW isn't a MEU with a Hi-Capa 4.3 slide?
I have the most troubled pistol to upgrade and at this point I think that the Guarder kit (frame+slide) designed for the DW may be the only choice.
Okay, it sounds like you have most of your bases covered. Just make sure you get a loading nozzle as well, as the stock one is known to break with such a setup.

BB unit and hop up chamber will fit that slide fine.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:44   #1653
kar120c

Quote:
Okay, it sounds like you have most of your bases covered. Just make sure you get a loading nozzle as well, as the stock one is known to break with such a setup.

BB unit and hop up chamber will fit that slide fine.
Ok, thank you finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnell

A last thing....about the upgraded loading nozzle...Hi-Capa compatible right? 4.3 or 5.1 are the same part I think

ps I have an upgraded Detonics (see my avatar) with guarder kit renforced springs for recoil and hammer and the loading nozzle is the stock one, shot more than 10000 bb's with green gas and never broken........I should have changed it with an upgraded one but for the Detonics I can't find it

Last edited by kar120c; November 25th, 2012 at 02:48..
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:51   #1654
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Yes. 4.3 or 5.1 is the same thing. Just get a Hi-Capa one. Airsoft Surgeon or Shooters Design are good choice.

As for the detonics, there are no aftermarket nozzles available. Luckily, the stock one seems to be stronger than the Hi-Capa one. I am running mine with a heavier metal slide, Guarder 150% springs, propane, and high flow valves as well. So far, no problems, but I have a few extra nozzles on hand, just in case.
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:17   #1655
kar120c

You too have a TM DEtonics? this is my favourite pistol, I am curious to see how customized it is, if you can post pics and I post pics of mine
Quote:
Yes. 4.3 or 5.1 is the same thing. Just get a Hi-Capa one. Airsoft Surgeon or Shooters Design are good choice.

As for the detonics, there are no aftermarket nozzles available. Luckily, the stock one seems to be stronger than the Hi-Capa one. I am running mine with a heavier metal slide, Guarder 150% springs, propane, and high flow valves as well. So far, no problems, but I have a few extra nozzles on hand, just in case.
Old November 25th, 2012, 14:54   #1656
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I haven't taken any photos of it myself, yet... but here's a photo that was taken by MadMorbius when he made this custom IWB leather holster for it:

Old November 25th, 2012, 15:55   #1657
RacingManiac

Random platform related question, does anyone use Raven Concealment type kydex holster for Hi-capa? I am trying to get a more gameable belt holster for my SVI build. Its a short dustcover 5.1 type setup....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 13:49   #1658
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Random platform related question, does anyone use Raven Concealment type kydex holster for Hi-capa? I am trying to get a more gameable belt holster for my SVI build. Its a short dustcover 5.1 type setup....
I don't see why you couldn't get one custom made to fit, but realize that in general, Kydex type holsters do apply a fair bit of friction to the gun which will affect the finish. I'm not sure this is something you'd want to put an SVI through.
Old November 26th, 2012, 16:53   #1659
kar120c

For what I can see it is a nice gun and silver is my fovourite for the Combat Master but I should have swiped the grip with the Altamont Rose, same grip I wish for mine but they seems out of stock everywhere
Quote:
I haven't taken any photos of it myself, yet... but here's a photo that was taken by MadMorbius when he made this custom IWB leather holster for it:

Old November 27th, 2012, 12:30   #1660
RacingManiac

Quote:
I don't see why you couldn't get one custom made to fit, but realize that in general, Kydex type holsters do apply a fair bit of friction to the gun which will affect the finish. I'm not sure this is something you'd want to put an SVI through.
I could also get a Blade-tech molded holster for the gun...I have a IWB style Bladetech right now that works, but I want something a bit more accessible than the IWB. I am thinking for the use of either like the skirmish or IDPA style shoot at CAPS(though I guess technically 2011s are not really IDPA guns, but CAPS allows it...lol).

Also...

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...arry_Black.htm

I wanted to get a slide set like that made a while ago, but Capt KK was not too responsive about it...this was before I built the 5.1 size gun. Too bad there aren't that many 3.9/4.3 sets compare to the 5.1/IMM-ish set...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old November 27th, 2012, 17:51   #1661
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I use to have a Bladetech as well, but it would also mar the finish of your gun. There are some guns I use Kydex holsters with. My shiny competition guns aren't those guns used in those holsters.
Old November 27th, 2012, 18:10   #1662
RacingManiac

Well compare to my polished finish gun, the anodizing on this might hold up better?

Although TBH I'd probably not care that much anyway....

This looks promising...
http://www.crown3x.com/products.html

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old November 28th, 2012, 18:19   #1663
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

It should definitely hold up better than a bare/polished finish. But yeah, if you don't care, I'd say go for it.
Old December 10th, 2012, 02:40   #1664
gctoto11

Newbie here.

Hi Illusion Kinetics I have recently sent you a PM regarding the M1911A1 thread barrel I was just wondering if you got that message?

Thanks alot and thank you others for the great information on this board.
gctoto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 13:07   #1665
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctoto11 View Post
Newbie here.

Hi Illusion Kinetics I have recently sent you a PM regarding the M1911A1 thread barrel I was just wondering if you got that message?

Thanks alot and thank you others for the great information on this board.
If I got the message, I would have responded. Apologies, I was fairly busy this weekend and didn't get a chance to log in. I'll get to your message today.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications