Fast Helmet coming this Summer

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 1st, 2012, 12:07   #136
Rookie Ab
a.k.a. Kody_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
I assume it's the southpaws that prefer the right-hand mic setup so it doesn't interfere with cheek-weld?
They also prefer the chinstrap buckle on the right. Is that not an option
with these helmets?

Rookie Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:22   #137
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Ab View Post
They also prefer the chinstrap buckle on the right. Is that not an option
with these helmets?
With these clone helmets, no this is not possible. The straps are sewn into place and non-switcheable for user preference. I will be rectifying this when i lengthen/replace the straps for my apparently mis-shapen gourd, and also i will replace the buckle for something better, while i am at it - the one currently on it just doesn't have a real good positive click-into-lock.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:30   #138
Rookie Ab
a.k.a. Kody_1

@ HackD

By the way, nice work on the Peltor-rail adapter.

I ended up doing the same thing almost,for the Sordins.

Rookie Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 15:47   #139
fester

Send a message via MSN to fester
well, I received the fast helmet from Dragon Red.

It doesn't fit me. It's too tight.

I wear Large helmets ad 59/60cm hats. I have a bunch of real Mich and I wear L

Definetly that 100 dollars copy doesn't fit me.

The plastic helmet is very small and I tried to adjust everything inside with no chance

An expensive relplica for medium/small heads only

I am very disappointed.... have a look on Dragon Red shop, and You'll read "Size L, fits head circumference 56-62cm "

Inside there is no "ideal military" markings and elastics are tan color

Last edited by fester; January 26th, 2012 at 15:59..
fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 16:25   #140
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
well, I received the fast helmet from Dragon Red.

It doesn't fit me. It's too tight.

I wear Large helmets ad 59/60cm hats. I have a bunch of real Mich and I wear L

Definetly that 100 dollars copy doesn't fit me.

The plastic helmet is very small and I tried to adjust everything inside with no chance

An expensive relplica for medium/small heads only

I am very disappointed.... have a look on Dragon Red shop, and You'll read "Size L, fits head circumference 56-62cm "

Inside there is no "ideal military" markings and elastics are tan color
Try removing the two side pads inside the helmet, so that the inside harness can rest against the internal shell, and i also found that there is a touch of adjustability on the rear knob adjustment portion of that harness - loosen the two rear screws on the rear of the helmet, and slide the helmet harness tabs securing it to the outer shell to it's down-most position, and re-tighten the screws.

I've also got a large head - i take a L-XL motorcycle helmet. Doing the above took it from unwearable, to almost there - i've still got to lengthen the straps themselves to be happy with it. It's just too bad that Huang didn't arrange for the factory to ship out replacement straps for customers that were burned by the first order supplied with inadequate length straps, as a good-will gesture... *edit* that wouldn't help you, since you didn't buy it from Huangs retail outlet..

Last edited by HackD; January 26th, 2012 at 16:27..
Old January 26th, 2012, 21:15   #141
Nocturnal
oO?

they modelled it from the M/L size.. if you check sizes for the real OPS-Core helmets, if your head circ. is 58cm+ you will need the L/XL size because the padding takes some space and you'll need that extra space for the padding and for adjustment if you wish to use a beanie or bandana underneath for sweat absorption. even if you remove the padding on the replica fast helmets (m/L) it is still tight and not as comfortable as it should be..

the dragon red fast helmet is pretty much like the one from airsoft depot. modelled from the M/L helmet. doesnt fit my head .. will have to order the real opscore fast or just do without it
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 22:06   #142
huang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
It's just too bad that Huang didn't arrange for the factory to ship out replacement straps for customers that were burned by the first order supplied with inadequate length straps, as a good-will gesture...
No worry. I couldn't promise sine factory was too busy to handle my request. However last week factory told me that they will provide me the straps/padding seperately after chinese new year holidays. So I will order some straps in my next shipment (ETA early March). If you bought ver I helemt and found the straps too short, PM me so I can know how many longer straps I need to order. I will give them out to ver I buyers for free ( shiping not free though but if you happen to have an order at time I will throw it in or come to my store to pick up )
huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 22:33   #143
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by huang View Post
No worry. I couldn't promise sine factory was too busy to handle my request. However last week factory told me that they will provide me the straps/padding seperately after chinese new year holidays. So I will order some straps in my next shipment (ETA early March). If you bought ver I helemt and found the straps too short, PM me so I can know how many longer straps I need to order. I will give them out to ver I buyers for free ( shiping not free though but if you happen to have an order at time I will throw it in or come to my store to pick up )
Sign me up! I'll need you to hold it though until i can get to your store to make some in-person purchases though... I cut the VISA up the last order that i made with you, LOL.
Old January 26th, 2012, 23:45   #144
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

Got my helmet in, at first I thought it was too small (literally slapped it on my head without reading the instructions and it was REALLY tight). After playing around/adjusting stuff for an hour or so I got it fitting VERY well with my real MSA Sordin Supreme-X ear-pro.

My GoPro NVG mount fits the VAS shroud nicely so the included VAS Shroud is the correct physical spec.

TONS of mounts (I ordered an extra rail+wing-loc) and now I have 6 mounts haha. Lots of options on that front.

Pics are here:
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread....71#post1595871

Last edited by Cortex; January 27th, 2012 at 00:21..
Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 19:47   #145
oicurpn

would like to order

cae we order a larger chin strap now huang??
oicurpn is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion